• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

C22Cvn - Best 18650 EDC (Must Have)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Best 18650 EDC :)

I'm curious about the driver/memory issue. Switching between the front and side LEDs wipes out memory...so basically, unless you are using only one LED, it always starts on high. This for me is a problem in an EDC light, and makes me reluctant to use both...I end up using only one or the other, and for me that renders the best aspect of the light almost useless.

Do you have any plans to work around that issue?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm curious about the driver/memory issue. Switching between the front and side LEDs wipes out memory...so basically, unless you are using only one LED, it always starts on high. This for me is a problem in an EDC light, and makes me reluctant to use both...I end up using only one or the other, and for me that renders the best aspect of the light almost useless.

I agree with this. I would want an EDC to come on in the lowest mode. Will Driver VN be an option?

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with this. I would want an EDC to come on in the lowest mode. Will Driver VN be an option?
I asked in the C21Cvn thread and it's a no go. These lights have so much potential. If they had two switches, and a better driver/UI they would be the best EDC light available.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

I asked in the C21Cvn thread and it's a no go. These lights have so much potential. If they had two switches, and a better driver/UI they would be the best EDC light available.

Yeah, even if it just retained the memory when switching LEDs, that would be good enough for me. But having to completely turn off the light, and then have it come back on in high every time you switch...not so much. The worst part is that I know it can be done...Armytek has a driver that has three separate memory settings (one for low group, one for high group, and one for blinky modes) so I know it is technically feasible. I just wish they had incorporated a similar type of driver...I do agree that the Sunwayman C-series lights have a lot to offer, but the user interface really interferes with enjoying that versatility.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I do not. Factory UI stays.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much lumen gain you think there will be? Stock is already 1000 lumens which is fairly impressive already. Did you get a chance to mod one yet? Or do you even have one in stock? Will there be any emitter options? This light has gotten me very interested at the moment. I especially like the magnet and side light.

scottinarctic1

Newly Enlightened

Well I need another of these anyway. Why not.Can you get the cover for the side light, if it is the same size as the 21, mine melted while it was in my jacket pocket?

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I need another of these anyway. Why not.Can you get the cover for the side light mine melted while it was in my jacket pocket?

it was turned on by accident? Isn't the side light only like 200 lumens? It must have been on a real long time to melt the cover.
I wonder if that xpg side light can be replaced with a xpl for more lumens?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

How much lumen gain you think there will be? Stock is already 1000 lumens which is fairly impressive already. Did you get a chance to mod one yet? Or do you even have one in stock? Will there be any emitter options? This light has gotten me very interested at the moment. I especially like the magnet and side light.

I have not even seen it yet But I already know I will love it as I love the C21Cvn and this is the improved version in everyday :)

I will have them very very soon as they are shipped within USA

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not even seen it yet But I already know I will love it as I love the C21Cvn and this is the improved version in everyday :)
What all is improved? I know it has a clip, and now the side LED is neutral white, but other than that (and aestetics) no changes. IMO the C21C is very aesthetically pleasing, and the new version doesn't look good at all.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

What all is improved? I know it has a clip, and now the side LED is neutral white, but other than that (and aestetics) no changes. IMO the C21C is very aesthetically pleasing, and the new version doesn't look good at all.

There are lots of differences. Show u with photos later.

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened

A perfect example of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Even before I read your post I was thinking to myself how much nicer the new version looks, like a sleeker more refined Lighting Instrument, instead of the clunky club looking design of the older C21C which to me looks like one of those kitchen tools you pound tough meat with to tenderize it:). But the real beauty is we can both be right!!!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

vinhnguyen54;4638019[B said:

Base version will be around $65, fully Loaded is ~ $100
[/B]

will changes to the side light be included with the fully loaded price? Or are there not gonna be anything done to that part?
if not, then will it just be u3 pdt? Because if stock ui is going to stay the same, that means the 3 minute step down will still be there, so I'm not sure the usual heat cubes will do much in terms of the extra cost?

Im just overly excited and can't wait for details haha

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

and will the current boost affect the side light as well? Meaning will it also get the current boost? Or is it a entire different circuitry?

edit
oops didn't mean to double post. Wanted to add on sorry fellas

Last edited: