Canada to go to all zero emission passenger vehicles by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Even without black swan events. it is just not sustainable without massive gvmnt tax dollar injections. Nor the tech is ready, manufacturers finding that out now the hard way, they can't sell them nearly as much as they hoped, fleets getting rid of them, cuz they turn out more troubles than they worth. Yes there is market for them, but it is not nearly as big as they thought it would be, and mandating it is really a crime.
FUD! The Chinese are doing it. Tesla is doing it. Ford and GM haven't figured out how to make money on it and reportedly are losing a lot of money on each car. Toyota refuses to do it and is pushing stranded asset hybrids. Model Y. The best selling car in the world. My Tesla stock is going up!

Last edited:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Wrong member. jtr1962 is from Flushing, NY.
And he's not whatever you referred to him as.
Bit surprised though as the two of you should get along from the comments both of you have left.
He just doesn't like San Francisco. The Jacka$$. Goes way off topic. It's like a bull seeing red. I am trying to impart some, I think, important experience and I get baloney from that guy. Energy has to come from somewhere. Better clean and efficient rather than dirty and expensive. I make my own. The rest go to the Saudis. That said the biggest producer of oil in the world is now the good old USA. Trump may be saying drill, drill, drill, but it's the Biden administration where the highest production is happening. I think that's what you call a compromise. Pushing clean alternatives while selling the rest of the world dirty energy.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
FUD! The Chinese are doing it. Tesla is doing it. Ford and GM haven't figured out how to make money on it and reportedly are losing a lot of money on each car. Toyota refuses to do it and is pushing stranded asset hybrids. Model Y. The best selling car in the world. My Tesla stock is going up!
FUD is like a badge for reality deniers, wear it with pride, lol, btw heroin and cocaine are also sell around the world, much better than tesla.
Tesla stocks are so so, I invest in private prison stocks, they will never go out of business, and have no competition. Thanks to your state btw, one of the 5 best most incarceration states.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
He just doesn't like San Francisco.
What is there to like? crime, filth, sky-high prices and taxes? or the people who made it all possible? I almost never agree with him but this is one of few things i believe he is right about.
However there is a bright side, without sky-high crime, and myriads of junkies there would not be as many arrests, and prison stocks would not be as strong, and special thanks to you, a Ca taxpayer who funds it all.

Buff

Enlightened
Damn it came to an end? I was enjoying that.
Please can we just all agree that we disagree? You will never ever ever EVER! change anyones mind that is made up.
With that said trying to force upon free people who can still think and reason, something that has a chance to work in big cities such as electric cars and mass transit etc etc…on the wonderful wide open rural areas that enjoy clean air and clean water and all those things that the concrete jungles will never enjoy is a one size fits all solution.
Once again my statement is just for those that agree with me as i will never ever yada yada yada change the minds of the next opposing comments i'm sure i'll get. But comment any way as it's hilarious.
Oh and burning fuel for transportation and cooling and heating my home, shower and gas stove provides tax money to be waisted by…..blah blah blah blah bladdy blah BLAHHHH!

mrfixitman

Enlightened
FUD is like a badge for reality deniers, wear it with pride, lol, btw heroin and cocaine are also sell around the world, much better than tesla.
Tesla stocks are so so, I invest in private prison stocks, they will never go out of business, and have no competition. Thanks to your state btw, one of the 5 best most incarceration states.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Btw just wondering how many other here have worked on cars? I have a course more a shade tree mechanic.but I replaced engines in cars trannies installed clutches cv joined head gaskets etc etc. may try to get a job as a helper locally I forgot a lot as I aged. But I do know a electric motor is way more simple to rebuild then a ice

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Damn it came to an end? I was enjoying that.
Please can we just all agree that we disagree? You will never ever ever EVER! change anyones mind that is made up.
With that said trying to force upon free people who can still think and reason, something that has a chance to work in big cities such as electric cars and mass transit etc etc…on the wonderful wide open rural areas that enjoy clean air and clean water and all those things that the concrete jungles will never enjoy is a one size fits all solution.
Once again my statement is just for those that agree with me as i will never ever yada yada yada change the minds of the next opposing comments i'm sure i'll get. But comment any way as it's hilarious.
Oh and burning fuel for transportation and cooling and heating my home, shower and gas stove provides tax money to be waisted by…..blah blah blah blah bladdy blah BLAHHHH!
Oh they will change their minds when it is clear it is less expensive to go electric. It will be too late if you wait until you have stranded assets. Too expensive to run and fuel too expensive to get. No one to sell to. I sold my ICE years ago. Sold my gas stove and gas dryer. Tossed the furnace as it was contaminated by asbestos. Ducts all wrapped in asbestos. Chucked. Mitigation cost $3,500.00. Well worth it. Won't be used when switching to heat pumps. Sale of dryer and gas stove paid for new/used equipment. Turned off gas service and saved the access fee. Every little bit helps. Induction cooking is fast. Cleaner and cheaper. Win win.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My house is all electric, built new in the 1970s. My electric bill is eating me alive. I do have two fireplaces, and a few acres of trees to cut down and burn. I think mrfixitman has talked me into cutting them down and burning them in my fireplaces. Then I can save on my electric bill. Maybe I'll get it down to $500 for the year. :grin2:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
So I got this for work.

View attachment 54484
Ordered it with the 395 hp V8. Considered the 450hp V6 but the boss said no.
The boss lets me "build" an XLT each year for the staff but this one is an XL STX with lots of goodies but costed less than the 022 XLT we had built last year. The company has a contract with Ford so we get them at dealer cost!

Ford is doing away with the numerous custom options for 2024 and going to have 4 choices of options instead of the formerly 80 some. No more building a an XLT with a Raptor drive train for $55 grand. 🥴 (my 018 has a Raptor drive train and suspension with vinyl seats and rubber floors).
New winner.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Solar panels are cheap last I checked mine only run my e-bikes but can run my fridge not my hvac well can run my hvac but I'll loose power I need more panels . May get more but there hard to wire up

Status
Not open for further replies.