CanCooler 4000

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can Cooler 4000

Here is a very short animation on the new design. :tinfoil:

Oops, no, not that one, this one . . .

We have redesigned the Can Cooler 4000. Mixing the liquid during the cooling process mitigates the thermal gradient and ice buildup. When completed, it will spin the can in a horizontal attitude yielding a nearly complete internal mixing of the beverage. I put together this short computer animation from my CAD so everybody can see what the new device is going to look like. We already have more than half of the parts made so it will not be too long before we get to give it a spin. :whistle: Also, not shown in the video is the redesigned cold plate that will lower its combined weight from 3 lbs to 2 lbs. As the soda weight is 3/4 lbs, that should be about a 15 second reduction (10%) to the overall cooling time. The .75 lbs of water takes about .75 BTU/F and the 2 lbs of copper takes about .2 BTU/F.

Mike has a video of the scroll chuck case spinning on its big bearings. I will post it here.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

This will get buried inside the can cooler and be used as a mechanism to simultaneously open the 4 arms holding the cooling engines.

cheers
dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a video of the water mixing test at 24 RPM. The paper only floats for a few minutes so I mixed them fresh and ran the test. I think the wood is heavier than water but not till all the micro air bubbles inside the paper are released. 96 RPM worked better but I do not know if it is necessary.

This is a view of the test setup.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been missing stuff, haven't I.... This is literally, too cool! A fitting cool fall project, for sure.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uh Dave, my house lights have been dimming every so often since you got this project off the ground... There couldn't be any relation here...do ya think..??:thinking:

Karl

easilyled

Flashaholic

Reliving childhood dreams with proof of concept must be so much more satisfying than treading down conventional paths that have been trodden millions of times before.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must see video in the initial post of this thread! Pink Floyd vibe background music; real humans; outrageous accomplishment that dashes the naysayers. Stunning piece of applied technology. Wondering if anyone would offer to purchase it. I'm thinking the bidding starts at $50,000.