• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Candidates for White1 & White2 (W1 &W2)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, the battery amperage limitation no longer is listed for D4Svn W1 or W2.
Does this mean high amp batteries are OK for these in quad configuration?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So, the battery amperage limitation no longer is listed for D4Svn W1 or W2.
Does this mean high amp batteries are OK for these in quad configuration?

I think its OK. I have not experience any trouble with higher drain cells. I was being cautious.

Something very odd today. I built another W2 D4Svn and only got 4100 Lumen and 92kcd. Dropped 700 Lumen and 18Kcd. I dont have any more W2s or D4S to test.....Darn it

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
I think its OK. I have not experience any trouble with higher drain cells. I was being cautious.

Something very odd today. I built another W2 D4Svn and only got 4100 Lumen and 92kcd. Dropped 700 Lumen and 18Kcd. I dont have any more W2s or D4S to test.....Darn it

Do you think I can get away with a 15 amp cell in my D4vn white1 until my 10A cell arrives? As long as I am careful with heat?

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
Cant be. I must have screwed up something. Like 1 bad LED perhaps. I got no way of knowing until I build more but I am all out of parts...
Darn, this was probably the one I ordered! J/k. Probably going to be a while to get more led's and D4S in as well I'm guessing, esp. with the holidays coming up.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This doesnt make sense.

Quads with W1 is brighter and throw more than Triple W1....Historically with other LEDs Triples seem to throw more than Quads.

Triple throw about 37Kcd at 1700L While Quads does 46Kcd at 2100L

Headache......

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Candidates for Oslon White

Now in the page you say 607m. Is it because of that (single?) one that is below the other(s)?

That appears to be the case because he also reduced the lumens and candela numbers. I imagine Vinh is being careful not to promise more than he can deliver... at least until he receives more parts for testing.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Candidates for Oslon White

That appears to be the case because he also reduced the lumens and candela numbers. I imagine Vinh is being careful not to promise more than he can deliver... at least until he receives more parts for testing.

+1

Just in case

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This doesnt make sense.

Quads with W1 is brighter and throw more than Triple W1....Historically with other LEDs Triples seem to throw more than Quads.

Triple throw about 37Kcd at 1700L While Quads does 46Kcd at 2100L

Headache......

If the triple reflector is bigger and deeper than the quad, then that doesn't make sense. But if it's the same size, it's just probably due to the more lumens.
This is why the sofirn c8fvn with black flats has lower numbers than I would have expected.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If the triple reflector is bigger and deeper than the quad, then that doesn't make sense. But if it's the same size, it's just probably due to the more lumens.
This is why the sofirn c8fvn with black flats has lower numbers than I would have expected.

I was referring to the triples and quads for P60 but yeah...Gotta try these LEDs everywhere because this one is good here while the other is better there....

Fr example W2 is excellent us D4S but in a EC65vn I prefer W1

Scenic

Newly Enlightened
Got my D4vn white1 today. Love it! So fun to have a super bright throwy version of a D4. Thanks Vinh!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candidates for White1 & White2 (W1 &W2)

Saw a post about w2 in a d1. I wonder why they picked the d1 over the d1s.

This is why I shouldn't drink & text. They did use a D1s for the mod.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hank of Emisar is thinking of releasing a D1S+ version with the White Flat 1mm! Driven at 5amps, it delivers 850 lumens and 320kcd. Very nice!

It seems like White1 and White2 are going to be more accessible to manufacturers now, since they have neutral thermal pads and lower forward voltage, making for more efficient lights that can throw very far, as long as the drivers are current controlled.

Last edited: