• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Candidates for White1 & White2 (W1 &W2)

Hi Vinh, have you considered putting a W1 or W2 into a nice penlight format?

Figured the small reflectors would do decent decent with a W1 and the skinny profile of penlights combined with good output and usable throw could be a winner... just not sure if you can drive it hard enough using 2xAAAs/AAs and I wasn't sure if a 10440/14500 could be used in an end to end configuration? I feel like I read that someplace ages ago.

So what other lights are on the list to be near-future hosts of W1/W2 LEDs?

Just checking if there is any preview of what may be coming, or current projects/ideas.

Have we exhausted fresh ideas at this point, as far as 'new types' of hosts go?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've been meaning to ask, how do these LEDs compare to others in terms of heat and runtime? Obviously they are lower output but I don't know how hard they're being pushed. This question has probably been answered but I can't find it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So I've been meaning to ask, how do these LEDs compare to others in terms of heat and runtime? Obviously they are lower output but I don't know how hard they're being pushed. This question has probably been answered but I can't find it.

They are hot as hell for how tiny they are. Runtime is fine with any LED when properly driven. But we overdrive everything so thats never the case.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually bought the Micro to put a White 1 or White 2 in :)

I'm sure it will be fun to focus.......

TBH, the size isn't so different from an Emisar D1. Kind of a bummer, could have made a 14500 much smaller.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Between Oslon Black and White1 I think I will have to vote Oslon Black

More defined hot spot
Just as bright
A tad bit more intensity
A tad bit more durable due to higher Vf

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just you wait until the highest flux bins of the Oslon Boost HX become available. It's basically a White 2mm but can theoretically achieve 2000 lumens with a higher amp draw.