Cars, Man

turbodog

Flashaholic
s2000...

s2ktd.gif

NH Lumens

Enlightened
^ Man! That is such a beautiful car! Congratulations, NH Lumens.

We purchased our preowned 09 back in 2016. It's a wonderful car. This was taken on one of the very few occasions we've been caught in the rain. The STS V8 sounds like a sewing machine during low RPM idling. However, all that is forgotten when the footfeed is pressed a bit more. 😁

View attachment 50381

Thanks!

Your STS looks great, window tint is next for mine in the spring.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I do like the S2000 ragtop suggestion for Chance, guessing hard'ish to find w/o being modded or something

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
I've been driving a subaru for almost a month now, is someone supposed to send me my COEXIST bumper sticker or does it just grow on there?
I'm a huge fan of Subaru. Just remember that while their horizontally-opposed Boxer engines are a very good engines with a low centre of gravity, they have some odd thermal propagation properties. This means that you must warm them up thoroughly and cool them down properly. Even with this, the rings will heat and oil unevenly because, well, physics; so they have an inherently shorter service life.
They come into their own when being driven hard and maintained and rebuilt regularly.
My younger brother had the engine removal on his Subaru Legacy down to around 20 minutes back in the day…
While we have created some 'aftermarket solutions' for the oil leaks and thermal issues, in these engines, I would not recommend most Subarus for quiet driving and reliable ownership.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used to get my vehicles serviced at a local Tire America. There was this one guy who they hated to see coming because he'd always have a headlight out on his Suburu. It seems as though it took several hours to change the bulb.

One day while waiting on some tires to be put on my truck the Suburu guy walked in for an oil change.....and a headlight. The guy behind the counter said "sure we can fit you in". He walks into the shop and hollers "he's back!" I heard a voice say "if you assign me that car I'm quittin". lol

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

My first car was a '79 (I think) Subaru wagon 4X4, great condition, think I paid $900 for it.
It had the center 'cyclops' headlight option

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm a huge fan of Subaru. Just remember that while their horizontally-opposed Boxer engines are a very good engines with a low centre of gravity, they have some odd thermal propagation properties. This means that you must warm them up thoroughly and cool them down properly. Even with this, the rings will heat and oil unevenly because, well, physics; so they have an inherently shorter service life.
They come into their own when being driven hard and maintained and rebuilt regularly.
My younger brother had the engine removal on his Subaru Legacy down to around 20 minutes back in the day…
While we have created some 'aftermarket solutions' for the oil leaks and thermal issues, in these engines, I would not recommend most Subarus for quiet driving and reliable ownership.
My best friend learned that lesson the hard way on his Cross Trek about 3 years ago. Plus, it had massive electrical issues.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
S2000 had very efficient lowbeam projectors. Basically, for all car projectors that used the same bulb (35W d2s, as opposed to the d1r/d2r for reflectors, and the d1s which provided basically same performance but with a built-in ignitor), the OEM lowbeam projectors by Koito on both models of s2000 were known to have the most light output. Their clear lens also provided a sharp contrast between light and dark at the cutoff which, when paired with the stiff suspension, provided that recognizeable flicker when an s2k approaches you from a distance. Overall, the light in the beam pattern was fuller and brighter. And they were WIDE! Not as wide as some specialty headlights, but damn wide. They had so much efficiency that they had some leftover light to toss off to the side.

Probably a fun car too, I dunno. But those projectors!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I don't overly put tools away ^^ because then I have to go find them, some new hiding spot .
bit cluttered, but saves me time/headache

Cannot tolerate not being able to find something, after a certain amount of time, I just buy another.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
+

I don't overly put tools away ^^ because then I have to go find them, some new hiding spot .
bit cluttered, but saves me time/headache

Cannot tolerate not being able to find something, after a certain amount of time, I just buy another.
Genuinely hate admitting this but.... same.
Especially massive hex wrench sets.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Today saw what I initially thought to be a wheeled kitchen appliance but then realized was in fact a Cybertruck. Guess the local Tesla gallery has one they're familiarizing themselves with.

No photos or video - saw it in cross traffic and I had all of about five seconds of visibility before it disappeared.

While I've seen plenty of photos and videos of its development I'm still astounded they actually made that thing in a shape very close to the initial concept they smashed up on stage to everyone's amusement during the announcement almost 4 years ago.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow…. A thread where people are still discussing the subject matter. I'll just stay here for a while.

I've been on the prowl for an old truck to cruise around in for a while. Not extremely brand loyal but I love the old C10s. Would also love a Willy's overland. Time will tell. Is this day and age I don't have many wants anymore. Lucky just to have a job And still live free.