• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

Gt390

Newly Enlightened
Re: 2018 Yuji 5mm LED group buy OPEN

just sent paypal for 25 leds. Thanks for doing this scout.

elt2jvadam

Newly Enlightened

New member, long time lurker. Thanks for the group buy. I'll send funds via PayPal right away. I am planning to put a pair of these in my old Paklite.

I'd been looking at Yujileds for a while. The videographer here at work plans on using the big COB leds to build photography and video lighting. I'm a little excited about it.

Again, thanks.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are just beautiful in a Photon Freedom Covert. It's like discovering sliced bread all over again. :D Thanks so much Scout24! Got it yesterday.

scout24

Flashaholic

Thanks, folks! Glad they are getting to their destinations. I'm caught up with packaging and shipping the last six that have been paid for this afternoon. Got about 250 left...

prisma

Newly Enlightened

I am sending these in small padded envelopes, and asked for a quote to Germany at my post office yesterday. USPS First Class was $14.00 USD...

I can ask tomorrow for less expensive alternatives.

Yes, please. I would take 100.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic

Everybody's emitters were dropped off at the post office today. So, if you've sent Paypal, they are on their way to you. I'm glad to hear they are arriving!

Okay, here's the deal on international shipping from my local Postmaster today. I can send a FLAT cardstock type envelope internationally that has a few documents in it for a couple dollars and not have to do a customs form. The absolute cheapest way to send the padded envelopes that I would have to use to send LED's is the aforementioned USPS first class with customs form declaring content and a value. I'm not willing to risk damage to the LED's, or have customs grab an envelope that appears to have something in it. Don't want you to not get your package, or have it arrive destroyed. I'm sorry, but that's how it goes. I tried. :) Not like I'm pocketing the money, you have a label stating what it cost me to ship it. International is $14.00 USD.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Everybody's emitters were dropped off at the post office today. So, if you've sent Paypal, they are on their way to you. I'm glad to hear they are arriving!

Okay, here's the deal on international shipping from my local Postmaster today. I can send a FLAT cardstock type envelope internationally that has a few documents in it for a couple dollars and not have to do a customs form. The absolute cheapest way to send the padded envelopes that I would have to use to send LED's is the aforementioned USPS first class with customs form declaring content and a value. I'm not willing to risk damage to the LED's, or have customs grab an envelope that appears to have something in it. Don't want you to not get your package, or have it arrive destroyed. I'm sorry, but that's how it goes. I tried. :) Not like I'm pocketing the money, you have a label stating what it cost me to ship it. International is $14.00 USD.
I want to know how you were able to ship to me for $1.00

Every time I ship something in an envelope that size and weight, it cost over $3.00

scout24

Flashaholic

The first local P.O. I went to charged $3.50 for the first batch. First class with tracking. Second P.O. asked if I needed tracking, I said no, thet said it could go as a flat letter. I didn't argue, and that's where I've been shipping from. I told them I just didn't want it bounced back to me and was told as long as it had a printed postage label from them, it was good. Needless to say, I was fine with that. This was the same P.O. where I discussed the international shipping, so they are obviously more than willing to work with their customers.

Edit- As of today's shipments, I have 200 left. :grin2:

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Thanks. I guess next time, I'll ask about "flat letter" shipping, assuming I don't require tracking.

I guess the fact that I normally hand write the address on the envelope or print it from a word processor shouldn't matter.

scout24

Flashaholic

I'll just leave this here... Yuji 3200K HCRI Pak-Lite...

23wu23p.jpg

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks great Scout, and yet I know the picture doesn't really do it justice. From past experience I know the cozy satisfaction of seeing a light reinvigorated with Yuji's.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

This right here is probably these easiest mod I've ever done. Unscrew the top, pull the led, trim legs of new led to length, insert new led, screw top back on and presto.

It's a nice 2xAA light.

803afb8bab1475f272fdbb059808d5db.jpg
481da691c494c1279dcec856d712e2aa.jpg
ffeffcf65d22309fbd761f68b9224642.jpg

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I had forgotten about this already modded Mag 2xAA. I don't recall the origin, but many years ago here on CPF, this was a popular mod.

All I had to do was pull this led out, trim the legs of a new led and insert. For whatever reason, I'm enjoying the new led in these last two lights, much more than I an in the Proton and I'm not sure why.

It may be because it's a much more room filling setup and appears much brighter.

022c06873919264686db3f77fd5658eb.jpg
d758e3a030df3dba021b4ee5fce26f1c.jpg

DimLite

Newly Enlightened

Mine arrived today ------ now to open up some Photons.
Thanks again Scout.

scout24

Flashaholic

Nice Minimag, T.I.N.! Glad everyone's enjoying them. I'm going to suspend this sale for the moment- I just took orders for another 100, and will re-check stock in the morning. If you've paid, you're covered and will ship on Monday. Thanks folks!!!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Nice Minimag, T.I.N.! Glad everyone's enjoying them. I'm going to suspend this sale for the moment- I just took orders for another 100, and will re-check stock in the morning. If you've paid, you're covered and will ship on Monday. Thanks folks!!!
I'm pleased to see that people have come through with their commitment to purchase. Too many times I've seen people get stuck with product, because they organized a group buy and got stuck with inventory.