Collecting ONLY Vintage Dynamo Flashlights

vladman

Newly Enlightened
After weeks of trying to figure out how to insert photos, here they are! Sorry about the way the flashlights are displayed but I haven't built a display case for them yet. If you have any questions I'd be happy to respond. Also, I'm always looking for information, articles, advertisements for any of the flashlights that I have, so any leads are welcome. If anyone has dynamo flashlights to offer, I'll be happy to consider buying.
Vladimir

G]

Last edited:

vladman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.
All of my flashlights are in working order. I wont collect broken or with missing parts. Sometimes I'll buy two of the same model in order to complete a good one.

Swede74

Enlightened
That's quite a collection you've got there! :thumbsup:

I'm curious about the red, cylindrical one in the top left picture. I don't see a handle or a crank on it. Is it removable, or do you shake the light to generate power?

h0se.jpg

I found this in a Swedish mail order catalogue from 1952. I thought you might be interested.

u5gs.jpg

vladman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the ad!
The red one works rotating the cylinder lower part. Once the coil spring if fully loaded, it'll give you 2,5 minutes of decent light. Very cool mechanism!

Keithuk

Newly Enlightened
Hi I have been trying for some time to find any information about this dynamo torch, I think the factory was bombed out in 1945, that's about it.
I cannot find anything about the MELAS torch and next to nothing about the makers name, anyone come across this make before?