Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Information is powerful. If someone posts something one doesn't agree with, find the info to present the other side. Attacking the person is accomplishing nothing. That goes for all perspectives on the discussion.

Greta

Flashaholic
.... Scout is saying the burden is on me to produce a thread that allows all sources. So is Scout right?

Scout did NOT say that. Please provide me with a direct quote that says he did.

And you still haven't answered my question... do you see the difference? Do you?

Here's a hint... do some research. Fact check your source. Get ALL of the information... not just what YOU want it to say to fit YOUR agenda.

You are the minority here. Do you at least see THAT? Do you at least wonder WHY?

scout24

Flashaholic
Yup, that's me. And just how does that put any burden on you? You could post info from aliens if you want. Persecuted much? Holy crap man...

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if you posted a bit of unsourced news, and I barged in and said "Oh you're obviously one of those PBS news people," what would be your take from that?

I sure as hell wouldn't cry about it for 3 months and play a victim on a message board full of people I don't even really know then call you a bigot.

scout24

Flashaholic
Scout did NOT say that. Please provide me with a direct quote that says he did.

And you still haven't answered my question... do you see the difference? Do you?

Here's a hint... do some research. Fact check your source. Get ALL of the information... not just what YOU want it to say to fit YOUR agenda.

You are the minority here. Do you at least see THAT? Do you at least wonder WHY?

I'd love a straight answer to your last two questions, Greta.

Greta

Flashaholic
Just for reference on how providing ALL information can make a big difference... (not for any political reasons or commentary)

NBC News apologizes for "inaccurately" quoting William Barr

"When Barr was asked by reporter Catherine Herridge what history would say about the decision, Barr replied that "history is written by the winner. So it largely depends on who's writing the history."

However, "Meet the Press" didn't include Barr's full answer to Herridge's question. He went on to say: "But I think a fair history would say that it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law. It upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice."

bykfixer

Flashaholic
B2-EC1843-1-B28-44-BE-B66-A-DE1884741604.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
For my info, what was "KAWASAKI" the pseudo of ?

Just to be clear, they are not calling covid-19 Kawasaki disease, but they are saying the children with what they are calling "Pediatric Multi system inflammatory syndrome" -- kawasaki like in signs and symptoms.

Kawasaki disease (KD), also known as Kawasaki syndrome, is an acute febrile illness of unknown cause that primarily affects children younger than 5 years of age. The disease was first described in Japan by Tomisaku Kawasaki in 1967, and the first cases outside of Japan were reported in Hawaii in 1976.

Kawasaki Disease (KD) - CDC

[url]www.cdc.gov
› kawasaki
[/URL]

Poppy

Flashaholic
Just for reference on how providing ALL information can make a big difference... (not for any political reasons or commentary)

NBC News apologizes for "inaccurately" quoting William Barr

"When Barr was asked by reporter Catherine Herridge what history would say about the decision, Barr replied that "history is written by the winner. So it largely depends on who's writing the history."

However, "Meet the Press" didn't include Barr's full answer to Herridge's question. He went on to say: "But I think a fair history would say that it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law. It upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice."
Greta,
Great and current example to make your point.

Certainly a sober mind can read it, understand the point, and see its pertinence to the discussion at hand.

I get it!

LOL... good luck! :rolleyes:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Everyone take a deep breath and play with your lights for a bit. Where all flashlight lovers

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Today begins reopen phase 1 in the bulk of my state. The governor calls it "safe at home".

When this whole thing began We the People volunteered to take a big slash out of our daily lives in order to "flattern the curve". Obama was the first person I heard say it. Whoever said it first, it caught on. Flatten the curve even had theme songs done by clever you tubers.

So time passes and now it seems a lot of folks actually thought the stay at home directives was going to completely stop the virus in its tracks. That was never going to happen, nor was it ever stated to be such. Flatten the curve meant it would still spread, but not so quickly. To avoid having what happened in New York from happening in metropoli across America (and the rest of planet earth). They saw northern Italy and said "yikes, here comes the corona train"……

My state has a governor we hope to see get recalled this summer. But I must say his method of juggling the spread of a novel virus versus murdering a viable economy has been well done in my view. I still want him recalled but must admit he did some moves in terms of practicality that helped reduce how badly the economy was being smothered even during the peak. Instead of draconian "stop everything" policies, he let a lot of industries keep going as long as they implimented the cdc guidelines.

Most of us gladly comply. We don't want this virus anymore than folks in Seattle do. But we also know with a little luck, a lot of discipline we can go about our lives in a somewhat normal fashion while protecting the statistically vulnerable. My age group recently dropped to second in the case category. Replaced by 40-49 year olds. At one point we were running away from the pack, so for once I don't mind a silver medal and would actually prefer a non podium finish.

Lots of folks are shouting "horray, steak and cocktails this weekend at Jim's steak n ale". Not so fast buster. Do you realize just how freaking long the lines are going to be even at 50% capacity? I'll set thing out a little while longer in that regard. But I do plan on visiting a hobby store to get supplies for a laser engraver collecting dust since March and buying some walking shoes at a store that was deemed non essential. And walk around with a sign on my back saying "if you can read this you'll see that I'm contagious"………

Mrs Fixer is working on a t-shirt with the Yosimite Sam "back off" symbol

6-B83-E1-D7-A527-426-A-BA0-D-8697310-CBBB4.jpg

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Today begins reopen phase 1 in the bulk of my state. The governor calls it "safe at home".

When this whole thing began We the People volunteered to take a big slash out of our daily lives in order to "flattern the curve". <SNIP>

So time passes and now it seems a lot of folks actually thought the stay at home directives was going to completely stop the virus in its tracks. That was never going to happen, nor was it ever stated to be such. <snip>

Yeah... just goes to show. A lot of people are stupid!

When I saw pictures of people celebrating shoulder to shoulder in a bar in Wisconsin, I just shook my head.

I laugh at the over-reaction of the media when they report, that Dr Fauci said that if we open too quickly we are likely to see more infections. Duh!!! Didn't everyone in the know, state that right from the beginning?

Let's just hope that a lot of those who get exposed, have mild or no symptoms, and develop immunity, and that anti-body testing proves that out.

Fingers crossed.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I gave so much of my corona survival gear away to people who have never once been nice to me. Whick makes me a full on moron

Status
Not open for further replies.