Could use some help locating a small reliable led light

BUZ

Enlightened
I'm looking for a small led light similar in size to the novatac 120, I need it to be one inch (1") in diameter and for it to be very reliable (shock proof / resistant as well). It's going to mounted on weapon, the lighter & shorter it is the better. Would like to keep under $250.

And help / recommendations is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Devices has both P60 drop ins for lights like the Surefire G2 or 6p that can be mounted as a weapon light, and complete flashlights that can be used as weapon lights as well. They are not the cheapest, but Gene pots all his lights so they are vibration resistant, and will stand up to recoil.
I don't use weapon lights myself, so I can't recommend any others from personal experience. I know there are a lot of hunters, etc. that are experienced with weapon lights here on CPF, and I am sure they will be adding to your knowledge shortly.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Zebralight and done. $100 for 100% reliability. Sc600 MKIII pro
Unfortunately its head is about 1.1in in diameter...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Malkoff MD2 or Elzetta Bravo.

Both are handheld flashlights built to be clamped to rifles if one chooses and both fit your average rail system.
I say Bravo as the Alpha is more of a close quarters light with a floody beam.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could mod an HDS with a red LED or another compact light.

BUZ

Enlightened
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions, will look into them all! :twothumbs

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight and done. $100 for 100% reliability. Sc600 MKIII pro
Unfortunately its head is about 1.1in in diameter...

Zebralights are great lights but they aren't really designed as weapon lights. Don't think it would fit easily on a weapon. Nor is there a tape switch available to allow it to be conveniently activated while mounted.