CPF UK Meet 2015

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me and Samuel it started with poultry.

Followed by a rest while the bombers went over.

I heard of a security blanket but by the way he is gripping that torch...

Take your pick !

Good choice.

Don't let him see, he may ask for it back.

Ahhh, the lost art of looking casual.

I'm sure that tunnel wasn't here before... SAMUEL !!!!!!!

Now, where did he get to ?

His new favourite shop. Not mine, honest !!!

Chips, sausage, saveloy and the Dandy. Best dinner ever.

Chips are hot though. Better blow on them. Forks optional.

"I'll have the lemon headed baby thank you" say's Andy.

Most rubbish motto ever. Perhaps their football club should use it.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good stuff, Sub. Great pics too, Jay!

As ever - love the long exposures and light writing.

BTW - I know the guide said the T-rex was from Dr Who, but I can't find it from the show... I'm still looking.

My FLICKR account is playing up at the moment, so I shan't be adding my pictures yet. Besides, yours are fantastic.

A very good meet up everyone. Nice to have new blood too in the form of lightlover and Jay Jnr.

Last edited:

remoteneeded

Newly Enlightened
Excellent photos chaps. I love the the place, hence why I give up so much of my time to show people around, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it too. Where to next then?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petrev, you can try here for 1080 cells. Never ordered from aliexpress but I hear many have.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5Pcs-10180-70mAh-3-7V-Li-ion-Battery-For-DQG-Spy/32232305376.html

Found out why I was having trouble with my phone. Turns out the mi-key app I use had an update and reset the settings. Mi-key is a little click switch that fits in the headphone socket that you can program to do different things. Reverting to default settings turned off my speaker. Dou!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to meet y'all.

You know, usually in any social group, I'M the authority on torches - but in the CPF-UK gathering, I went from being the torch-whizz, to the newbie among proven experts.
An educational experience . . . .

[ For instance, I'm "not actually stupid", but even Calm_Man (usually known as BLUE_LED) started to look exasperated after he'd explained "voltage range" and its practical application for the 3RD​ time . . . . ]

remoteneeded, (sorry about …) here's a definition of Nominal Aphasia:
"… a disorder which causes problems with recalling … names"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomic_aphasia

Tofty, very cool stuff!

Jay R, lovely collection of miniature lights. And your kid is so well-behaved!

Petrev, you landing-light Maker, you! (I looked up the Topic).

subwoofer - thanks for the photos.

Nyctophiliac, thanks for the lift – and your good-humour.

Oh, and the heavy-grease like stuff sample I gave out is LanoCote®. (Only 5 mentions of LanoCote from a search on CPF).
Quotes, (paraphrased) by no less than McGizmo:

"It is truly amazing"

"If I were using a classic aluminium light where the threads are static and not anodized, I would use LanoCote on these threads. I don't consider LanoCote as a lube but I have not seen anything come close to it in terms of protecting the aluminium from corrosion and especially when current is passing through."

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was an amazing meet and you all just cost me money with lights that i must have.

4 x Nitecore's and the Olight M2X UT.

Who is up for the mini meet 22 / 23 May?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm doing this the wrong way around. I just spent £160 on 2 new torches just AFTER the meet rather than just before. They will probably be out of date by the next meet !
I picked up a Thrunite TN36 which is the same size as a Skyray King but three times the power at 6,510 lumen!!!! I was also impressed with Lee's Nitecore EA11 so I picked up one of those from Banggood at an excellent price. Was up for $55 and I asked them to pricematch to $51. They sent me a code to get it for $40 !!! That's £36 down to £26! PM me if you want the code. I thought it may be a 'one time only' code but it still seems to work ok.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that code work for the EC11 and EC21?

That TN36 will be your new wall of light.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'm doing this the wrong way around. I just spent £160 on 2 new torches just AFTER the meet rather than just before. They will probably be out of date by the next meet !
I picked up a Thrunite TN36 which is the same size as a Skyray King but three times the power at 6,510 lumen!!!! I was also impressed with Lee'sNitecore EA11 so I picked up one of those from Banggood at an excellent price. Was up for $55 and I asked them to pricematch to $51. They sent me a code to get it for $40 !!! That's £36 down to £26! PM me if you want the code. I thought it may be a 'one time only' code but it still seems to work ok.

That TN36 won't be out of date. Looks like a real wall of light, but all flood and no throw!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not big on throwers anyway. I do like a BIT of throw but at 6,510 lumen I'm guessing I'll get that anyway. Most of the time I use the Skyray for area lighting so this should be a good replacement. Anyone want to buy a Skyray King, professionally (!!!) measured at a paltry 2,180 lumen ?

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else tempted to get that 3,000 lumen Bluetooth/phone app controlled light they are doing on Banggood ? My Thrunite TN36 is out of stock at the European warehouse. Expected restock in a week or so. The wait is killing me.

Hope you are all getting your free Lego with the Daily Mail this week !

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see the light, Jay - but I'm afraid I'll want one if I look - so I'm staying off banggood for at least a month!!!

Are you guys still meeting up with Solscud007 this weekend?