>>> Custom Maglites<<< Cree XM-L2, XHP-50 and XHP-70!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a custom Maglite, but I'm interested in the 5,000 lumen. Matt, I believe I read where you wrote that the XHP-50 in this light provides better throw than does the XHP-70. If so, do you have any Lux numbers yet or maybe just a ballpark guess on how much throw I might expect to see from this 5,000 Lumen Custom 2 D size Maglite?

Also, what 26650 cell will provide the highest output regardless of run time? I'm assuming the "Add Finns" option is for improved heat management.

Thanks

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a custom Maglite, but I'm interested in the 5,000 lumen. Matt, I believe I read where you wrote that the XHP-50 in this light provides better throw than does the XHP-70. If so, do you have any Lux numbers yet or maybe just a ballpark guess on how much throw I might expect to see from this 5,000 Lumen Custom 2 D size Maglite?

Also, what 26650 cell will provide the highest output regardless of run time? I'm assuming the "Add Finns" option is for improved heat management.

Thanks

Please check to make sure light is turned off before placing in the original box:)) who loves ya!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Just now I got around to measuring the lux on these bulbs. The XHP and XML versions read almost identical in range. I got 14,700 on the XHP and 14,400 on the XML2 so 240 meters. I don't have one of the XHP70 mags handy to measure but I'm thinking that it would do a good bit better than that.

ven

Flashaholic
You won't go wrong here wimmer, Matt is a pleasure to deal with and also strongly recomend his p60 drop in with a de-domed xhp70. Would go very nice in a bored host with 2x 18350 IMR cells! Stunning........

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, Matt is building me a custom light that isn't far off from what you posted. I believe you recommended Matt to me... unless I'm mixed up. I've made so many new friends here at CPF it's sometimes difficult for an older man like myself to keep up. :)

You're #1 though! Offgridled is a distant second.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Matt I got the blue 4000 lumen XHP70 Mag I ordered today. Built very very well! There is a dark donut hole in the middle of the hot spot is there anything I can do about that? I do have a camless OP aluminum reflector but the hole at the bottom is not big enough. This thing is incredibly bright. On max it almost hurts to look at lol.

Also having a problem with the programming. I watched the video a few times. My light did not flash after 8 taps so I tried it again was off a tap and am now stuck in mode 7 when I wanted 17 what do I do?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Celtic,

Thanks for letting me know. I do apologize that your having an issue. On wide focus the XHP will have a bit of a hole in the center. On tight focus I also see some faint articles on a wall in the beam, but the OP reflector you spoke of would be a solution to this if beam softness is a key element for you. Using a forward click (like in the mag) can be a bit challenging. I would be happy to program it for you. If there is a problem with it and the driver is truly "stuck" you still have 4 years 11 months and 3 weeks left on your warranty, so I will take care of that as well :)

45cal4life

Newly Enlightened
Just a little bump to the top, even though it's a sticky; I ordered the XHP-70 / 4000 lumens and couldn't be more pleased with the build quality or the web site transaction. Using a set of Feilong 32650s, Guppydrv group #5 with the turbo timer set 1:15 (1 minute 15 seconds) --- WOW!!!!!!!!!! The competition or lack there of, a Malkoff 3-6 D-cell. I thought I was cool before with the Malkoff, now I know I'm cool with Adventure's light :grin2:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, Matt is building me a custom light that isn't far off from what you posted. I believe you recommended Matt to me... unless I'm mixed up. I've made so many new friends here at CPF it's sometimes difficult for an older man like myself to keep up. :)

You're #1 though! Offgridled is a distant second.

I feel loved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.