DEFT edc-X

star_c_star

Enlightened
PayPal sent a minute or two ago.

I see that this takes 1 18650 or 2 123 type cells, and that performance is 300 Kcd with 1 18650 and 370 Kcd with 2 123's.

I'll have to buy some 123's! Already have a few extra 3400 Mah protected AWs.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would love to see more details about this light: is it a single level one, if not, what kind of UI is this? What kind of clicky is it? Generally, what host was used? Any white wall beamshots, ie how bad (good) are the artifacts and how far it can be defocused?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Minimoog

Enlightened
Ordered. I will really have a use for this to pick out dodgy people skulking about on the field opposite our house. Will be my first light from OMG.

stingray3

Enlightened
Thanks Julien!

*Edit* Well I feel stupid. All the info and a link to buy is posted in the first post........:tinfoil:

Last edited:

magnum70383

Enlightened
I must know more about this light! Charts? Numbers? Runtime? Please?

This is gonna be my first Omg light. My brightest light I have now, tm26 only has 51600cd... I can't imagine the beam intensity coming out of a single led light small enough to fit in my pocket!

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated OP with this additional info.

Distance to target 740'/225 meters. Shot at 50mm to approximate natural perspective. There was a little bit of smoke in the air from a bonfire behind me.
_DSC6024-2_zps04zyx3nh.jpg

Typical performance of 370Kcd!!! This is running off two cells. With a single 18650 performance is right at 300Kcd. Comes with a spare o-ring, holster, and lanyard. This is a multi-mode light with adjustable output and dedicated high and strobe modes. The LED is being run at 3.4A on two cells.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must know more about this light! Charts? Numbers? Runtime? Please?

This is gonna be my first Omg light. My brightest light I have now, tm26 only has 51600cd... I can't imagine the beam intensity coming out of a single led light small enough to fit in my pocket!
I haven't had time this go around to do charts and runtimes. Too little time before the window possibly closes on being able to offer these lights to the community.

magnum70383

Enlightened
I haven't had time this go around to do charts and runtimes. Too little time before the window possibly closes on being able to offer these lights to the community.

O no problem. One thing I really want to know is - Around how long does it run on highest output before throttling down? :)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
O no problem. One thing I really want to know is - Around how long does it run on highest output before throttling down? :)

To my knowledge this circuitry does not throttle down per se. Output does decrease as the light heats up just like any flashlight would. Due to the extremely high amperage level running through a light of this size I do not advise really long runtimes on two cells. Should always be operated in hand so as to be able to monitor the heat levels and shut down if getting too hot. This is probably the most specific power I have ever run in a light. It is more doable in this type of light because generally spotlights get more intermittent usage. I'll give you rough time estimates on how long you can run on two cells on full blast. At 5 minutes the head is too uncomfortable for me to touch and at 8 minutes the rest of the body is too hot for my comfort and it would have to be dialed down to a lower setting or turned off. I really pushed this one harder than I've ever pushed a light before because as I said I don't know if the Wavien contract will be renewed passed Dec. and that technology is absolutely key to getting this kind of performance in this small of a light so I really wanted to leave it all on the floor as it were.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to recieve the light. I do a lot of winter hikes so maybe I can run it on the highest output longer........ Ha ha!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to recieve the light. I do a lot of winter hikes so maybe I can run it on the highest output longer........ Ha ha!

Actually yes. The ambient air temp does have a big bearing on how long you can run it. I handed it to a friend of mine last night at a bonfire and she ran it almost five minutes in 40 degree weather and is was hot but not too hot. Makes a nice hand warmer actually. Consider it a cold environment survival tool. ;)