Destructive Incan Bulb Tests - Updated 8/27/2010 (Newer Info Added)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Re: Destructive Incan Bulb Tests

The graphs are ok, but what I really need is the actual output of each bulb at the different voltages.

I'm not sure what you mean? The thumbnails on the original forum page one are not intended to be readable. Rather they are small size images that should be clicked to get to the full size image which looks the same to me as they always did.

For example, this is the page one thumbnail: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/bulbs/1326s.jpg (note the "s" for small in file name)

Whereas clicking it goes to the full size image: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/bulbs/1326.jpg

The measured output at all the voltages is presented in "Measured Lux" column.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for responding Lux.

I understand what your saying about viewing the thumbnails in the original thread. I have always had to click them to see what was written as well.

What has changed from where I am sitting is that when I used to click the thumbnail a large clear crisp image would appear.

Now when I click it I am directed to photo bucket where a blurry illegible image is shown. Zooming in on the picture ( even if I down load it) only results in further distortion of the image.

When I said "the graphs are ok" I just meant that I can read those, but they dont provide the same info including the lumen output of the bulbs that those original pictures do.

If your still able to view them clearly I'm not sure why myself and some of the others are having this trouble.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

They work fine for me. I'm using the current Opera browser and am not logged in to the site.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, sorry. The problem was me all along. Or my computer maybe.

I realized what the problem was when I clicked the links LL gave me and the both did the same thing, rather than one being small and the other large. Under the image in photobucket there is a link that says Full SITE. Once I clicked that it cleared the image. I didnt realize that when ef9 mentioned it because I was not using a tablet or laptop to view it, just my same old PC.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi, Lux!

If I mailed you the Osram 64410S and the JC-0615, would you be willing to work your magic on them?

I am considering them pushed to 7.0v for my project here.

You can keep the bulbs as thanks for running the tests. :)

Shoot me an email if you are up for it and I'll mail them your way!

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think that I have ever thanked LuxLuthor for the incredibly useful and time-consuming work that he has put in and shared with all of us.

Thank you, Lux.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

After years and years spent on LED crapy mods and terrible tints, i have decided to go back on incans and these graphs are guiding beacon.
Too bad not much people are on the same wave with me.
After all, there is no replacement for displacement... 64623 and 64657 :)))))

1pt21

Enlightened

After years and years spent on LED crapy mods and terrible tints, i have decided to go back on incans and these graphs are guiding beacon.
Too bad not much people are on the same wave with me.
After all, there is no replacement for displacement... 64623 and 64657 :)))))

Not many of us remain, but trust me; you are not alone my friend!! Finding parts can be tough these days, but you seem to be gobbling up what still remains. Smart man (you should post some of your builds, I see you've bought some QUALITY stuff on here alone)... I did the same a couple years back and will NEVER let them go!!

What's your go to host?? Mags??

The ONE thing I wish we could still obtain is proper Incan Drivers / Soft-Starts, nearly impossible to find. I have maybe one or two out of my massive incan collection and custom builds, which is sad because they are almost a must for a proper powerhouse build. New battery technology helps a lot too! :twothumbs

Enjoy that warm incan glow :candle:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not many of us remain, but trust me; you are not alone my friend!! Finding parts can be tough these days, but you seem to be gobbling up what still remains. Smart man (you should post some of your builds, I see you've bought some QUALITY stuff on here alone)... I did the same a couple years back and will NEVER let them go!!

What's your go to host?? Mags??

The ONE thing I wish we could still obtain is proper Incan Drivers / Soft-Starts, nearly impossible to find. I have maybe one or two out of my massive incan collection and custom builds, which is sad because they are almost a must for a proper powerhouse build. New battery technology helps a lot too! :twothumbs

Enjoy that warm incan glow :candle:

Nice to hear some positive thoughts. Yeap, finding those old school powerfull hardware is a nightmare these days but i'm not loosing hope. Some members helped me with advices and i even get in touch with AlanB regarding his well known regulators. He still have bunch of them but needs to be assembled so you could get them but you need to build them from scratch (soldering pcb components, calibration etc). So far i'm still waiting my postman with most of these stuff, some hosts i have. When everything arrives then the fun purt starts-building.
Mags are my baseline and FM elephant, a lot of options for them and easy to rework. In few weeks i will post some pictures of my progress.
It would be nice if some of us could talk Jimmy and AlanB into their project restart because like you said, drivers are now only issue.
Batteries are way above are needs unlike 10 years ago.

Cheers

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're not alone! I too enjoy (regulated) incans and have quite a few of them. I post mostly in the German TLF forum regarding this.

Hey Driver! Yes i know you're active there and you have a lot of realy good threads. That's way i joined TLF but my google translate isn't working that well. I'm not alone here in the old continent :)

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Driver! Yes i know you're active there and you have a lot of realy good threads. That's way i joined TLF but my google translate isn't working that well. I'm not alone here in the old continent :)

Thanks! Try translating from English if you haven't already! It seems to work well for Enderman.

Minimoog

Enlightened

Whilst it is not exotic, a Mag 2C fitted with 6D Xenon lamp, glass lens and 2 18650 (using the Magring made by user Download) is a real taste of incan goodness. Its bright enough, still retains the Mag benefits plus all the bits are available now.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh NO! All of the pictures in this most wonderful thread OP are no longer available... :sick::mecry: Does anyone have a copy of these so we can re-post them?

I have copies of about 12 or so of the ones I used the most but that is all... Not enough to really fix the thread..

Last edited: