Did Santa leave a flashlight?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
This year Santa did not leave a new flashlight at my home. First time in a while. Hopefully Rudolph's red nose so bright did not trip a low voltage protection circuit so Santa ended up using somebody's shiney new flashlight.

I did not request one this year but instead requested some warm socks. He delivered.

How about you? Did Santa leave a flashlight at your home this year?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Technically NO, but I got this recently enough that it might qualify as being under the tree.

_7DonqFWbE_EQbehMlxey4P22H=w700-h933-no?authuser=0.jpg

But I did get an embroidered, collared, short sleeve shirt:

rsWoCpCXtmAIvbNHnn5FUAbFXa=w700-h933-no?authuser=0.jpg

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to get some lights from Mag, but it seems they didn't do the big 30% off thing this year.

I did get a drill with a LED on it, don't know if that counts?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Nope, no lights. There's a couple Molicel 21700s in his sled, but he's running a bit late. Wurkkos had a bit of an issue with their elven packaging department :yellowlaugh:

What I did get for Xmas was a flat tire. Sidewall puncture too. :(

idleprocess

Flashaholic
wait it says it needs no batteries, and has no chemicals...
Well "no chemicals" is an obvious falsehood.

soooo how does it work? their website says that

what on earth does that mean....?! how does this passively create energy from water...?
As far as I know, the water acts as a catalyst of sorts and activates the cell - otherwise as one of the most stable of known chemicals water is not a fuel. It might need to be refreshed multiple times but eventually the potential within the cell is exhausted.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well "no chemicals" is an obvious falsehood.

As far as I know, the water acts as a catalyst of sorts and activates the cell - otherwise as one of the most stable of known chemicals water is not a fuel. It might need to be refreshed multiple times but eventually the potential within the cell is exhausted.
I started a thread about it

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nope. Wanted to get a MDC AA but they're sold out. Also Gene has stopped sending me discount codes.
Maglite sends me loyalty discount codes from time to time and there was a couple right before Christmas, trouble was they were for specific products I already have multiples of. So same here. No flashlights under the tree this year.