Different COB light

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently saw a light that is a COB strip with a separate power supply. Great for wearing on the chest to light one's path instead of a headlight. Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it, and now that I have some extra funds would like to investigate further. TIA

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I recently saw a light that is a COB strip with a separate power supply. Great for wearing on the chest to light one's path instead of a headlight. Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it, and now that I have some extra funds would like to investigate further. TIA
I haven't seen one but I did see somewhere that they make COB strip lighting like the chip light strips you see sometimes with RGB also for about $5 you get a remote and the stripping with a USB plug. If you can find a COB version of USB strip lighting then you could use that. There is a lot of COB type work lights out there in all varieties but a lot of it is pretty cheesy construction. The problem with COB lighting is the intensity is a lot lower than even a low end LED light so it takes a lot of area of emitter to compete with a floody Cree LED. Depending on the lumens you desire from a light and the run time needed a simple 18650 based COB light that has a clip for a pocket may suffice. I have one that the only drawback is the included battery is not serviceable and not very good capacity either but works well but a COB on it about the size of a nickle that I estimate puts out about 100 lumens or so.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it perhaps something similar to this?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
That cu10 looks pretty cool but it is not available anywhere.
Well dang. Thanks for pointing that out. I saw 'Quantity in stock: 2', but didn't look further to see 'Availability: Currently unavailable'. So, they have 'em in stock, but you can't buy them. They got me with that one. Gotta love NC Store.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it perhaps something similar to this?
Similar, but the one I am looking for is a true flat strip. I will keep this in mind if I can't find the one I am looking for. Thanks

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
So that Nitcore is mounted on an axle with a weighted bottom... why do they try to make it sound like magic?

Too bad it does not have an actual clip. You would have to wear suspenders when walking the dog.

Consider the QuiqLite.com , it has a rotatable clip for shirt placket or on your belt, and aimable head.