Discontinued flashlight that you love

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop Hunter T5 - it was one of the better throwers when it came out, solid build. Too bad the company hasn't come up to speed in the thrower lights department. Oh well, EDC's sell the most.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if its been mentioned, the Fenix TK20, tough as nails and tint is a nice warmish tint too.

broadgage

Enlightened
Burgess Radar Light for me ! IIRC there was a proposal to start making these again, but I don't think that it happened.
Or any similar specification light that uses a 6 volt 8F lantern battery.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I happened on to two of the last few remaining penlights from the BLF 348 special build from Singfire. For those who don't know, they are simple single AAA/10400 penlights with a Nichia NVSW219BT emitter. For a $10 light, they are really fantastic! They have the characteristic Nichia 219 color rendition, with a very diffuse hot spot that just kind of spreads all over the beam. I tried using a 10440, but it got very hot very fast, and isn't really recommended since the stainless steel doesn't conduct head away very fast. But even with a single AAA it does a great job. I wanted to get a couple more but they are now out of stock, with no idea if there will be another build or not.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sure Fire 3p
Gun metal 6P
Streamlight TL 2 shock proof
Streamlight Strion incan...old configuration
(Strion incan still being made)

201 lumen Coast HP7
LED Lenser P7

Last edited:

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TA 21. It is a pity that never made a TA22 with updated LED (800+ lumens) and MicroUSB charge (and powerbank function).

I know, I know, dream costs nothing and the only thing we have left so no taxes are paid ... yet.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TA 21. It is a pity that never made a TA22 with updated LED (800+ lumens) and MicroUSB charge (and powerbank function).

I know, I know, dream costs nothing and the only thing we have left so no taxes are paid ... yet.

I agree! Fenix should release an updated TA series! The revolving mode design is great.

MX421

Enlightened
I love the discontinued Leupold brand. Bought a bunch of MXc421 & MXc621s on clearance before they were totally gone. They look allot like the Quark's above (the small one). They were waterproof to 132 feet!

Warhorse

Newly Enlightened
I still like my Surefire ED2, mainly because my wife loves it!

She carries it a lot, finds it bright enough for what she needs, and thinks she can kick butt with it if needed.

I would like to find a compatible rechargeable battery for it, as I dislike buying a box of CR123A's every year.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E1e, Lummi Raw and Lummi Wee. I'm especially gutted about the latter because I lost my Ti version, so I only have the SS now. Also, I used to have a gorgeous 150 lumen XM-L light engine for my Wee of perfect tint and great colour rendition, but it developed a flicker. I sent it back to Rob for repairs and I've never seen it since.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surefire E1e, Lummi Raw and Lummi Wee. I'm especially gutted about the latter because I lost my Ti version, so I only have the SS now. Also, I used to have a gorgeous 150 lumen XM-L light engine for my Wee of perfect tint and great colour rendition, but it developed a flicker. I sent it back to Rob for repairs and I've never seen it since.

Just going to go off topic for just a moment.

Unlike most CPFers who got cheated by Rob and had their money stolen by him. Since you're in the UK; you can actually do something about it. It's no secret that if pressed by his UK customers, Rob has a tendency to do the right thing.... So he doesn't get sued by them. Contact him, let him know you live in the UK just like he does.