Discontinued flashlight that you love

Peregrine82

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]E1DL-A, It was never the greatest at everything, but I liked it's small size and it's ability to scan an area with a somewhat wide beam but still be able to reach out a ways.[/h]

Legenddkk

Newly Enlightened
95203a899b3142567e33409658f7054b.jpg

The Lunasol 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sos24

Enlightened
Nitecore SRT3. I loved the ring control and that it incorporated a red light. It was also nice to have the AA option with the extension tube.

Qship1996

Enlightened
E1DL-A, It was never the greatest at everything, but I liked it's small size and it's ability to scan an area with a somewhat wide beam but still be able to reach out a ways.

Totally agree! I bought both the E2d and E1d, liked the E1d much more than the E2d because of its size and value of only needing 1 battery vs two.Returned the E2d, kept the little stubby E1d.Goes perfect between my Titan and Fury DFT models,and may be the best all-arounder among my 3 lights.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

herektir

Newly Enlightened
My 4sevens quark xpg r5 aa/2aa/14500 light. Still use it as the moonlight low and medium levels are perfect for my purposes.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
The Lunasol 20

Dang... Yes! I remember when that was available and always wanted one... Regret that I never did pick one up though.

Besides that, I still love and use, my SF C2's, Z2's, 6P's and E-series... they are sprinkled about my home. I have JetBeam's, SWM's, NiteCore's, Fenix', Mec Army, and Zebralight's but, my go-to lights that are always available are my SF's. Although their heyday has passed, in a weird way, I still wish they were available.

Many of the lights today seem to take cues from the SF's or the amazing custom builders. Yet, despite being very useful and utilizing the latest LED emitters, they seem to lack a bit of soul. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic for another time.

nightshade

Enlightened
The Arc LSL. Luxeon Star, Low Dome LED . I've fixed more VFD motors and PLC components under that broad, purple glow. In some often VERY weird and inhospitable places.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I'm responding 13 years after this was posted, but given the subject, seeme appropriate. This was my first real flashlight, LOVED IT!!!

Blast from the past!!!!

Me too!

And they still work!

4d55f7e1a3dc39820a7a249ac6c7e06d.jpg

097771f3299c4c3a62883bfd31cbc36b.jpg

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
My Thrunite TN 30s thing will run 7hrs on med(150 lumens) my first good flashlight no S.O.S Bullsh*, If It had a sub lumnen firefly I don't think I would have bought another flaslight

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened

ThruNite T10 (one with the bolt on clip). Moonlight, medium, high modes. Mode memory, great clip, durable, tight hotspot for throw yet with plenty of spill. Perfect work light for me.

(If anyone has an unused one lying around, feel free to pm me [emoji6])

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Realizing most would figure this to be about LED lights:

IMG-20190601-001020.jpg

Still my all time favorite flashlight.
The long since discontinued Bright Star made 2C generic from the 1980's, probably sold at places like Ace Hardware or a gas station in a one horse town.

IMG-20190601-001056.jpg

Puts out about 15-20 candle power from a Maglite WhiteStar PR base krypton bulb. But it's a sweet little thrower with a nice clean beam.

The PK Knight and Paladin from foursevens are better lights than they got credit for being IMHO. The negative comments kept me from buying for a while but at least I got in on the clearance. I EDC the Knight frequently.

PK does what PK does, critics be d@m'd. Being the first one through the wall can be an ugly experience. And the Paladin/Knight led to a bunch of popular lights later.

HEAR! HEAR!

5QwnYse.jpg

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Zebralight SC32w. Luckily I have 5 of them and hope they'll last my lifetime.
Always liked the idea of the SC32.

There are still 3 cool white SC32s available through Amazon here in Aus, but for crazy money. In a place were the S1 Baton can be had for pretty much half that price it's not worth it.

Pity, though, had it been cheaper I'd have settled for the cool white.