Discussion thread: A2 dumb LED rings - (Onion Ring)

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A2 dumb LED rings - (Onion Ring)

Thanks for the beamshots Koala :)

I really hope things are going OK for you.

By the way, can you make it to the Melbourne CPF meet in early Jan? See my sig for more.

shomie911

Enlightened

Just got my 4-sided A2-WH today.

Can't wait till these LED rings come out, the output on my mine is angry purple. :D

The Warm-White and Nichia GS look great.

I can't figure out which one I want more. Probably the GS because of how bright 3 of them together in the A2 will be.

If you don't mind me asking, how long until these are produced?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you still making these? I'd be interested in a warm white one. :)

*edit* I see that this is still in design. I'll be patiently waiting. Thanks for working on this. :)

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened

I'm in for two rings along with white, green, cyan, and yellow LEDs. :twothumbs

dede

Newly Enlightened

Koala,

I am interested in a ring of Snow White and the Warm white LED. :thumbsup:

RobbW

Newly Enlightened

I'm still in for a ring of something that renders colors in the woods naturalistically--I use my A2 for backpacking in teh woods and inside a tent. Glad things are moving along. Can't wait for a release date!:D

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still in for a ring of something that renders colors in the woods naturalistically--I use my A2 for backpacking in teh woods and inside a tent.
What sort of color do you prefer? I ain't no bush person although I would like to be one. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Can't wait for a release date!:D

Tentative date is before April 2009. I won't be at home for more than a month, visiting my parents.
I don't want to sell them before I leave, I'll sell them after I return home so I can respond to orders promptly.

RobbW

Newly Enlightened

Koala, thanks for the quick reply, and no worries about the timeframe. I don't mean to rush anything, I'm just glad the project is moving forward.

I don't know that much about light color, and maybe someone here can chime in with advice, but I think white or yellow-white does best for rendering natural colors.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Koala!!

Hope all is well!!
I am VERY EXCITED about you going through with these!!

Enjoy your time with the parents!!
Have a great time!!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still looking forward to these as well :twothumbs Thanks for the update, Koala :D

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one with Snow White LEDs already installed (soldered on it, I don't mind). That or High CRI Nichias, if available...

Thanks a lot for your hard work, Koala.

Cheers

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

Despite SF announcing the A2L, I don't think the incan A2 has been made redundant yet, especially with great little innovations like the Onion Ring. I'm looking forward to the rings becoming available for order, Koala :thumbsup:.

bray

Newly Enlightened

im very excited about these and im definetely down for a few!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still excited about them as well. As for SF announcing a product... well that doesn't mean it will see the light of day anytime soon. :shakehead Besides this way I can put high quality LEDs into my A2 instead of those angry blue nichias.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

ddku91.jpg

I'm back from my parents. Here's little picture of the place where I grew up and lived before I migrated to Australia. The front lawn has been paved with cement leaving the rest of the surrounding with lawn because the old man is becoming lazy to do the lawn. :rolleyes:
Hmm I miss the food there arghhhh. Must go back again.

Anyway, here's what I think about the new A2L and A2Z. They are indeed made to replace their predecessor. However, the main LEDs are not incandescent so they are different products to me hence the A2 and A2L designation. I also prefer the clip and design of the incan A2 over the new A2L. A2L seems to look less aggressive and less tactical.

For me, the new A2L looks like a crippled Kroma. The points where A2L really shine is that it has higher Lumens output, longer battery life and no filament to break. But then, incan is what we are after isn't it? Ok back to the onion rings...