• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Display Samples & Normal Items

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Re: Display Samples Sale

I was gonna have the Manker but I'm gonna hold out to see if Vinh offers this one with a range of led's and his UI.

I can't afford this one then buying another when (if) he stocks it, not got the same disposable cash for lights as others.

I really wish this light had Vinh's driver, but I decided to give the Manker UI a shot. I like the size of this light and the Manker build should manage heat well. I don't expect the MK35vn to match the TN42 by any means. I will be happy if it will throw 600k lux or so with a nice wide hotspot

I will let people know what I think of the light when I see it.

Last edited:

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened

I don't expect the MK35vn to match the TN42 by any means.

Stock $150 mk35 throws 1420 (claimed) before vinhs magic

modded $250 tn42vn throws 1760

it might not take the throw crown from the tn42vn, but I'm hoping Vinh puts his special touch on the mk35, and that's where I'd put my money.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes this is the Thrower MK35vn. A great one-off. I just prefer the TN42vn as its currently king of throw but this is smaller.

This sounds interesting (I love small throwers) but for the life of me I can't find it on the list anywhere. I can't find it at Sky Lumen either. Have I gone blind?

EDIT: NEVER MIND I FOUND IT. HAHA turns out I was blind, but now I can see.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, doing some reading on the Acebeam X65... that thing is killer! I thought my SureFire UDR dominator was bright, but some of these acebeam lights put it to shame. I wonder if my Dominator would be better with a V54 etched on the side!:)

Yes absolutely. All my lights with V54 engraving automatically shine brighter! :)

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened

This sounds interesting (I love small throwers) but for the life of me I can't find it on the list anywhere. I can't find it at Sky Lumen either. Have I gone blind?

its just below the universal-polarity batteries, Wimmer, you can't miss it...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
2djcn7b.gif

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

Did you say that you were interested in a light last night before the sale started? Which one was it? You wasn't hittin' the shine last night was ya?

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

Thanks for the reply, if I may just ask if you will be modding the mk35 and offering vn driver in it at some point?

sorry to pester, but your U21vn is amazing and as soon as I saw manker release the mk35 I was desperate to see if you'll be modding it, I've looked at the tn42vn, perhaps a bit big for my use,

if not and this is truly a one-off I'll fight tooth and nail for this display one.

many thanks

I don't think that Vinh is going to run with the MK35. It will not be able to beat the TN42 and most people don't care much about the size of the light. I really like the smaller size so I did not want to miss the chance to try this light. I like the performance of the X65vn and some of the bigger lights, but I really want my lights to be small enough to put in a pocket. A 3 1/2" bezel diameter and 7 - 7 1/2" long is my sweet spot. I am not sure about the tint, but I'll just have to take that chance.

Last edited:

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened

I don't think that Vinh is going to run with the MK35.

I believe otherwise, for these reasons.

- he's modded and stocked all the other Manker lights, even the daft strike pen, and even the two AA lights he categorically stated he didn't like.

- he's hinted that the U21 has been a best seller, with people buying both versions because of its keen price-point, eye-catching stuff like selling five 100,000 lumen multi-led lights is awesome and rightly puts Vinh at the top of his game but selling the likes of the u21, mk34 and suchlike are more likely his bread and butter.

- the u21 has been a favourite because of its ability to handle heat, and throws over a thou on 3.7v 18650, the mk35 is barely bigger but runs four 18650 with the added voltage and a bigger reflector, I'll be stunned if Vinh could resist modding it further, even if it doesn't beat the tn42vn (which it just might).

- lastly I think that Vinh probably wants to announce new lights in his own time and not have to do it early in a sale thread, but given what I'd already said about how much I wanted a mk35vn, if Vinh knew he had no intention of modding it in the future I think he would have made that clear, but I'm drawing on the fact I'm a psychologist and I may be proved wrong.

my safety net is that if the mk35 isn't added in then I see no reason Vinh wouldn't power boost and mail one to me if I asked nicely and sent dollars across the pond.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

I believe otherwise, for these reasons.

- he's modded and stocked all the other Manker lights, even the daft strike pen, and even the two AA lights he categorically stated he didn't like.

- he's hinted that the U21 has been a best seller, with people buying both versions because of its keen price-point, eye-catching stuff like selling five 100,000 lumen multi-led lights is awesome and rightly puts Vinh at the top of his game but selling the likes of the u21, mk34 and suchlike are more likely his bread and butter.

- the u21 has been a favourite because of its ability to handle heat, and throws over a thou on 3.7v 18650, the mk35 is barely bigger but runs four 18650 with the added voltage and a bigger reflector, I'll be stunned if Vinh could resist modding it further, even if it doesn't beat the tn42vn (which it just might).

- lastly I think that Vinh probably wants to announce new lights in his own time and not have to do it early in a sale thread, but given what I'd already said about how much I wanted a mk35vn, if Vinh knew he had no intention of modding it in the future I think he would have made that clear, but I'm drawing on the fact I'm a psychologist and I may be proved wrong.

my safety net is that if the mk35 isn't added in then I see no reason Vinh wouldn't power boost and mail one to me if I asked nicely and sent dollars across the pond.

All great points and I hope that you are correct. I have the U21vn spec 2 and spec 1 is on the way. It is the perfect host to handle heat and if the MK35 is at similar it will be a great host as well. If Vinh does decide to run with this light, I hope that he puts his driver in it. I have gotten used to tailoring the UI in his lights to exactly what I want.

My doubts about him adding the MK35 to his store are the result of him telling me in an email that he would not because he did not like something in the build and that it would never be able to even match the TN42, much less exceed it. This is not what I wanted to hear, but I can understand it. I think that the UI on the light would be less than ideal in his mind and adding his driver might get the cost close to the TN42vn without getting the output very close.

I hope I am wrong, but I like the Manker build enough to hedge my bet by buying this one.

I am soooo excited to get my hands on this one. I am looking for the shipping notice every few minutes. I will share my thoughts when I get the light. I only wish that I had another big gun to compare it to.

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened

I'll take Normal #14 SL2 Quad, 2*IMR18350 Only for extra brightness, XPL HI V3 6500K, DriverVN2 $165 + V54 Engraved + Perf Specs

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

ill take Display 14. SD26vn XPG2 PDT, Exceptional throw, DriverVNX2 $120/$135

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will take display 20

engraved

20. M30Cvn35 Kit, 3 XPH35 HI 5000K, DriverVN2, 4 Free LG 3500mAh $200/$220
Mike, you have to a complete review of this light. Include comparison beamshots to some other popular V54 lights. It sounds fascinating to me! Plus it's one of the first examples of the new generation of emitters.

Nice pick! I figured that would go first!

MC408

Enlightened

Mike, you have to a complete review of this light. Include comparison beamshots to some other popular V54 lights. It sounds fascinating to me! Plus it's one of the first examples of the new generation of emitters.

Nice pick! I figured that would go first!

Thanks. Yeah. i woke up at 3 am and checked the page. Which was in super slow crawl download speeds. Spent 10 minutes dwelling over what I wanted and another 20 trying to post! Lol. Falling asleep after that was not easy. Haha

Pretty excited about this one!