Do you feel naked when

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: Things you will never, ever be without

A quality folding knife and a quality watch. (Quality lights go without saying.)

Tracker II

Enlightened

I don't know if anyone here has seen the movie The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins but it's a great story about a man from New Zealand who, against all odds, breaks the world land speed record for an under 1000cc motorcycle with his old Indian bike. Anyways, Hopkins has a funny line where he says that he never goes anywhere without his spectacles, testicles, watch, and wallet.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened

In no particular order:
*loaded handgun
*sharp knife
*high-powered flashlight
*ball-point pen
*analog watch
*cash in various denominations

I've been carrying each of those for over 50 years. The handgun has varied in size and caliber depending on locale, attire, temperature, assignment, etc. The knife has improved in quality over the years; varied in blade shape, steel used, and handle material. The flashlight has gotten physically smaller and much more powerful. The pen material has gotten more exotic and the size more robust. The watch material has gotten lighter in weight. The cash buying-power has greatly diminished.

Current lineup as of this moment is as follows.
*Kahr MK4043 .40S&W-caliber all stainless steel semi-auto
*Chris Reeve Small Sebenza
*MzGizmo Ti single-CR123
*Surefire Pen
*Luminox Ti 3600-Series
*$50, $20s, $10s $5s, $1s, and coins

Lampbeam

Newly Enlightened

Today I was indisposed in a washroom when all of a sudden the motion sensor light went out. It wasn't really all of a sudden for I had been indisposed for some time. But, I did feel naked because I was half naked and sitting in the dark. I was carrying a Fenix E25 in a holster on my belt which isn't a lot of light but all I need for work. The other light was a Zebralight SC52w on a cord around my neck. I turned it on and let the light hang from it's cord. Then a coworker walked into the washroom and triggered the motion sensor light. I proffered no explanation. Later in the day I returned to the washroom and the motion sensor light did not activate so I illuminated the urinal with my SC52w hanging from my neck. I really need to learn how to operate that sensor light.

inetdog

Enlightened
Just visited my in-laws church.
The men's room occupancy sensor is by the door and is out of sight from the rest of the room.
So they have a night light by the sinks and battery-powered tap lights in the stalls.
But the stall I was in had no batteries, so I had to rely on my Olight M20 EDC. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Illum

Flashaholic

^
Funniest thing I've read in quit some time. :laughing: Here I sit all broken hearted, the lights went out and I've barely started.

~ Chance

Over here the public restrooms have motion sensor lights. The motion sensor does not reach behind the stalls so what Lampbeam says I can relate. People laugh, stare, and joke when I donn the headlamp before I visit the bathroom situated in the park. In public restrooms sometimes you'll need both hands. :green: Have not ran into a couple having sex, but have once ran into a frustrated dog who managed to get locked in

BriteGeek

Newly Enlightened

Ok, before going out the bedroom door I do a pocket check, and in this order. Flashlight, cash, wallet, pocket knife, keys... oh yes, phone!

And yes, when I had to replace my 4Sevens Mini ML I was without for two days and it was horrible!

Other accessories are based on destination. Going to work there are already two flashlights and extra (excess) batteries in my work bag.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even just going to Safeway,I always take 2 lights..usually my Black Diamond Storm and either my Preon 2 Ti or my Nitecore EA4.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always have a multitool, two flashlights, keys, wallet, and phone on me whenever I go anywhere. Even inside I have the multitool and two lights on me at almost all times.

Keys.......man do I hate carrying keys. My fantasy gift from Santa would be a single key that would work on every lock I have to deal with during the day.

~ Chance

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

That would be awesome. Unfortunately it seems like the only way to have that work is electronically, and then it will probably be hacked sooner or later.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Depends on time of day and what I'm doing. I usually will have a small AAA light in my pocket or a Fenix single AA light. If I'm going out at night or on a day hike I'll add to is, maybe a led Lenser 5R as it's easy to charge and I have a battery backup with USB so I can charge it or my phone as needed. At work, I carry a Surefire R1, with the Led Lenser in my pocket and the AA light in my backpack. I have a Streamlight TLR1-HP and rechargeable 123s too, but that was mostly just to play around with it. When it gets delivered I'll add the new Magcharger LED. I hope it's as good as it seems.
I found that sometimes things don't go as planned...went on a short day hike up Mt. Si... sun went down faster than expected and it got pretty dark pretty fast. Luckily I always carry a light, or two so we were able to make it down ok. Can't imagine trying to do that with just thhe flash on my phone. Especially shen I slipped on the ice. Snow and water aren't really good for phones.

slimkango

Newly Enlightened
ive made it impossible to leave the house without a light even if i forget to grab my edc.

there's always a light on my keychain.
there's a light in every car.
and i keep 2 lights in my laptop case.

Pretty much the same here with the addition of extra cr123's and AA enloops.:)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yes. i feel unequipped with 2 lights on my person when i go outside. (sad face palm to self) normal set is: one in keys, one in belt/pocket + one in jacket pocket. (and maybe one extra just or fun/variety.. and this in only when i think i dont need a flashlight for something special task..)

and i have also spread alot of lights everywhere i might be spending time as backups. just my car has atleast 3 lights minimum kept in it in various locations, and that doesnt count the fauxtons.. (i did a mental count in my head right now.. the lights i KNOW that are in the car is: 4 flashlights (cr123, aa, 2xcr123 and aaa) 2 headlamps (aaa and aa) and 4 coincell lights. and there might be one or two that i might have there but cant be sure without checking.)