• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Do you sell QTC pills?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked around the website but did not see an option to purchase QTC pills. I've also emailed you. I need one for an Eiger. Do you sell them?

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
We stock them, but do not purchase them. They are supplies to be included with the sale of a body.

Complicating matters, we only stock the 2.1 pills - which only work with 2.1 bodies.

All previous version bodies must be extensively modified to work with these pills.

Those with 2.1 bodies already, are eligible for free replacements for defective pills, from the factory.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
ElectronGuru,
Would you say the 2.1 QTC is a noticeable improvement over 2.0 in real-world use (not only when testing it)? I do not expect smoothness from low to high (i.e. seemingly infinite levels similar to SF Titan) or accuracy when setting the desired level. I would be happy even with "jumps" from moon to low to med to high. I hope my expactations are reasonable but unfortunately, I usually struggle with my current 2.0 QTC to set it to any desired level.
And if 2.1 is a real improvement, would it be possible to buy only the body (SS 17500/AA Peak Logan, long) from you? There is a "body only" option for Peak Eiger but not for Peak Logan.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Would you say the 2.1 QTC is a noticeable improvement over 2.0 in real-world use (not only when testing it)?

I don't have cool testing equipment to measure a difference but anecdotally yes. It seems that the retention system allows the pill to reduce pressure more precisely, providing more control. That said, its still not in line with electronic systems and its still early in the life cycle. And AFAIK, the pill cage itself is the same design.

And if 2.1 is a real improvement, would it be possible to buy only the body (SS 17500/AA Peak Logan, long) from you? There is a "body only" option for Peak Eiger but not for Peak Logan.

Added:

http://www.oveready.com/17500/aa-peak-logan/prod_147.html

http://www.oveready.com/123-peak-logan/prod_153.html