Dobermann. Tactical lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. However, the XP-L led is the size of a XP-G but it delivers 1200 lumens. That's the way to get such throw. I am anxious to see a review of this light. Can somebody place a picture of the reflector showing the LED? The light is available through some dealers already. Please send your impressions.

Now that I think about it, I think the rating is about right. The predator pro v2.5 was rated at 33000 candela. Given that the Doberman xpl has 1200 lumens, the 29000 candela rating sounds correct.

nitehead

Newly Enlightened
Now that I think about it, I think the rating is about right. .

Word! ;-) Even if an independant review confirms "only" 25000cd and if the driver/the regulation is able to hold this output&throw for the first 20 minutes (as advertised by Armytek), this one is going to be my next duty light.

Until now, you only get these data in the 40mm head-size-class, which are somewhat bulky to carry sometimes.

Nestor

Newly Enlightened
Now that I think about it, I think the rating is about right. The predator pro v2.5 was rated at 33000 candela. Given that the Doberman xpl has 1200 lumens, the 29000 candela rating sounds correct.

You are right, only the foot print is smaller in the XP-L... With respect to the Predator, it uses a XP-G so that does have a smaller die... Well we can discuss forever based on estimations and assumptions. The fact is that the Dobermann is already available and somebody needs to test it.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
29000 Candela from a 34mm head- are these specifications really correct? This means nearly double the throw of the former Viking 2.5 with 40mm head

Sounds too good to be true...

I forgot a question: it seems some dealers are using the old description of the light, which says 250 m range. In the Armytek website now it says 340 m range. What is the real number?

Additional measurements will be done soon.If information will differ from the previous tests, we will change it.

Detox

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one on Amazon. Should be here Saturday. Not soon enough!

Trevilux

Enlightened
Tactical light. I have received today a XP-L Warm.
Please, how many lumens for each mode?

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great Tactical light. I have received today a XP-L Warm.

Looking forward to your impressions or review.
Hope the light lives up to its advertised specs. Otherwise, it's a no-go for me.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope this video was shot using a crappy camera, which didn't do the Dobermann any justice. Otherwise, I've been waiting for nothing and need to look for another light.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I really hope this video was shot using a crappy camera, which didn't do the Dobermann any justice. Otherwise, I've been waiting for nothing and need to look for another light.

It is hard to judge the quality of a flashlight due to this video. Because, we don`t know how the camera was fine-tuned. The quality of picture depends on right white balance settings. We will post here when new video-reviews will appear.

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
Just ordered the Dobermann. Are the ARS-25 remote control switch for the Viking/Predator compatible. Your literature suggest yes but hkequipment.net says no. They emailed me when I ordered the two items only that they were not compatible.

mekquake

Newly Enlightened
Just checked your freshly released manual - on my warm dobermann there are only max and three main modes , no firefly , and I can't activate strobe - any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Trevilux

Enlightened
My Dobermann Warm; Only have maximun and 3 main modes.
Can I ask where is the firefly mode and the strobe mode?
On the PDF Dobermann Manual User (armytek web,) I can read Maximum and Firefly and 3 Main modes and Strobe. I can not activate the strobe mode, I have not Firefly mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.