Dobermann. Tactical lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before buying a flashlight from a dealer it is better to clarify what modes does it have. It will help to avoid dissapointment with the product.
Except the dealer gets his info from the armytek website.
there's hint of dissatifaction from these light going on sale before accurate specs are made known, and now some feel misled.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Except the dealer gets his info from the armytek website.
there's hint of dissatifaction from these light going on sale before accurate specs are made known, and now some feel misled.

Dealers should clarify the specifications of models they sell instead of "copy-paste" info from the website. There is a great number of dealers, our managers physically can`t monitor all their work.

Last edited:

dave101

Newly Enlightened
Mine has Strobe, but I cannot turn it off/hide it, after following instructions in user manual . Any suggestions?

mekquake

Newly Enlightened
It seems to me you started to ship your new flashlight without specifications and manuals , so what do we have ? Dobermann 'batch 0' with different driver ? And what we suppose to do now ? Send it back to you for updated driver or refund ?

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Dobermann was designed as a more cost-effective & simple tactical light: it will be a little cheaper then Predators & Vikings. Besides it is smaller and lighter and has a more compact head. The light was designed for those who've always wanted to have a tactical light with high durability, excellent light output & throw but more compact & cheaper=)

So would you say the Viking is as durable as the Doberman?

Trevilux

Enlightened
It seems to me you started to ship your new flashlight without specifications and manuals , so what do we have ? Dobermann 'batch 0' with different driver ? And what we suppose to do now ? Send it back to you for updated driver or refund ?

I think you are ok.
I can supose, I have bought a "batch 0" of Prime C2 for the defective thermal gestion management and a "batch 0" of Dobermann for the not Firefly and not strobe.
Next time I will wait some months before bought a new release of your flashlights.... :shakehead

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Armytek store doesn`t sell these models (without Strobe). Dealers` models have other number of modes. Dealers were notified about that. It is not a defect in the flashlight, it is just a pre-release model with other number of modes. If you were misled - contact your dealer. It is not service or warranty case.

dave101

Newly Enlightened
Any news on the strobe function that will not hide or turn off? The users manual says you can.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek store doesn`t sell these models (without Strobe). Dealers` models have other number of modes. Dealers were notified about that. It is not a defect in the flashlight, it is just a pre-release model with other number of modes. If you were misled - contact your dealer. It is not service or warranty case.

That can create confusion for the purchaser.
I've noticed the differences but some people may not.
Nice lights Armytek. Thank you.

mekquake

Newly Enlightened
I'm lost for words :D

rfl

Newly Enlightened
I'm lost for words :D

The way Armytek rolls out new models is frustrating. I'll wait until there are credible reviews of the new Dobermann before I consider buying one; I've questions about the UI and I won't trust anything about it until the reviews are out.

desmobob

Enlightened
I hate to see these kind of issues pop up on the armyTek forum. I'm new to the brand, and it has quickly become my favorite. I have a v2.5 Predator Pro, v2.5 Viking Pro, v2 Tiara C1 Pro, and have a v2 Wizard Pro on the way.

I'm interested in the new lights, but it seems like they are in such a rush to get them to market, there are conflicting details in the release information, documentation, etc. This results in unhappy customers and negative posts on the forums, which has got to be bad for business!

It might be better to slow down and get everything right....

Take it easy,
Bob

nitehead

Newly Enlightened
Additional measurements will be done soon.If information will differ from the previous tests, we will change it.

Referring to your website, you have updated the lux-measurement. Is is 24600cd now.

I hope one can rely on this specification. It is still more throw you would expect from a head that small.

One question left, answer highly appreciated:

Are there different batches with different drivers on the market or do all Dobermanns that have been delivered so far have
24600cd?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Referring to your website, you have updated the lux-measurement. Is is 24600cd now.

I hope one can rely on this specification. It is still more throw you would expect from a head that small.

One question left, answer highly appreciated:

Are there different batches with different drivers on the market or do all Dobermanns that have been delivered so far have
24600cd?

Yes, you can rely on this information.

Yes, there are other batches of Dobermann, but it will differ from others by modes and management. Peak beam intensity will be the same - 24600cd.

Last edited:

nitehead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the instant reply, armytek!

It would be useful to give some detailed information about modes & management of the different batches.

How do I distinguish between batches? Are there any references on the packaging?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it will be best if Armytek can, ONCE AND FOR ALL, for ALL their lights that have different batches floating out there with different modes and "management" (whatever that means), clarify for potential customers how to distinguish between the batches and what the differences among them are.

Customers can now take this knowledge and asks dealers questions and for confirmations before purchasing, a needess hassle.

Armytek, you need to realized that not ALL if any dealers know about the batches and their differences, and that not ALL dealers are good enough or honest enough to proactively present that information to customers, even when not asked. Some dealers are still posting your outdated specs on their sites.

Armytek, in my opinion, you've created confusion. Customers now have to worry about what exactly they're getting from dealers, whether their dealers have the facts straight, the potential of disputes arising from mistakes in communication, different information, and different interpretation of the information. It also makes the customers think twice about whether to buy from dealers, or from your website instead to avoid potential mixups. Of course, when purchasing from your website, customers might have to put up with long shipping times, sometimes even whe they paid extra for expedited shipping, and should anything go wrong, they would also have to deal with shipping the lights back to China, instead of a much shorter trip to their dealers.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
There are no references on the packings. It was our first pre-released batch.

The easiest way to clarify what are you buying - to ask your seller. We warn all dealers that they should provide their customers with the exact information.
If you purchase a flashlight from Armytek Store - you will receive a product with the website describtion.

Status
Not open for further replies.