Dorcy 41-2460

Borad

Enlightened
I broke my father's cheap old 2D flashlight from his glove compartment while trying to fix it and I decided to replace it with the $6.99 Dorcy 41-2460.

"25 Lumen 2D LED Deluxe ABS Economy Flashlight, 60 Hours Run Time"

He'll know the batteries and how to use it and he'll like the price. I also figure D cells are more protected against temperature extremes than smaller batteries and he can forget about replacing them for a longer time. If he buys Energizer lithiums instead of alkalines, they'll be the "intrinsically safe" ones, unlike the smaller lithiums. I chose a flashlight that's not water tight so it won't defeat the purpose of the venting functionality of the intrinsically safe batteries.

It should arrive at Home Depot on Tuesday.

...It's Tuesday. I decided to compare all my lights. Try not to be too impressed.

Dorcy 41-2460, unknown, Rayovac Roughneck, Fenix E05
hwjqtc.jpg

beams: Dorcy 41-2460 vs unknown vs Rayovac Roughneck
seoc2s.jpg

beams: Dorcy 41-2460 vs Fenix E05 (2011 version)
2cqdwk7.jpg

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless that Dorcy has the an LED from 2005, the run time is going to be a lot longer than 60 hours. It looks like the same drop-in LED I have, It will have at least 160h or even 260h and much more. My Maglite 2D with the 30L super vampire run time upgrade has been running on the same already used when put in alkaleak D cells nearly 3+ hours a night since earlier this year...and its still going.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For about $20 eneloop adapters, batteries and a charger make the light so dang feathery light you forget it has batteries, no leak issues and plenty of runtime. Plenty.

Borad

Enlightened
Dorcy has to get their act together. Here the packaging for both the 2AA and 2D flashlights say 50 hours and zero beam distance. Here it says it 60 hours and 80m distance, and contrary to the picture it says "Switch: side push button." I wouldn't be surprised if it has an LED from 2005. There was a thread here that mentioned why they still sell cheap bulb flashlights. There are some uses, like to see through smoke, but they also have old stock to get rid of.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of batteries does it come with?

If they are carbon zinc run time will be a lot less than with alkalines.

Borad

Enlightened
I tried looking them up. All I know is they're Dorcy Heavy Duty D cells.