Drinking the Surefire Kolaid! ... And it's just the begining!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it will, once I get a chance (or some time) to catch my breath after my boy Calvin get's his root canal done on Friday to save his lower K-9! Oh, and don't ask what it's gonna set me back to have that procedure done! ...:ohgeez:

But to save my boy's smile, ... Is priceless!

CIMG1251CalvinNoTagInfo.jpg

So I figured I's share a photo of the start of my Surefire family portrait!

CIMG2346.jpg

CIMG2349.jpg

Oh, and our Royal Highness Miss Harlee "the vicious attack dog" didn't wanna be left out!

CIMG2299.jpg

Thanks for all the Great Information we got here in CPF!

Paladin

Enlightened
Too many dags, not enough lights:)

Just kidding of course. I agree that our furry companions come before other expenditures.

Paladin

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Surefire is moving in a modd-unfriendly direction...
I'm interested in getting a few old style SF hosts and that's about it.

Good and lucky dogs.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Surefire is moving in a modd-unfriendly direction...
I'm interested in getting a few old style SF hosts and that's about it.

Good and lucky dogs.

My introduction to Surefire was a bored out C2 host I picked up from Bugsy! Purchased a couple of drop ins from Malkoff's to some others, ...

CIMG2126.jpg

.... it was a great intro n' absoluelty loved the build of the C2 which opened myself to Surefire. However I found that I wasn't into the lego'in (?), drop-in thing, so surefire's OEM stuff is good for me anyways! Not say'in I won't go in that direction again in the future!

Calvin's NOT going to like being left at the Dentist for the day! .... lol

Last edited:

beach honda

Enlightened
A fantastic start to your SureFire collection, those are all top notch SF products! I'm lovin the fury and T1A. Can the fury be bored for larger cells? You may consider contacting DeFabricata if you have any interest in swapping your T1A emitter to one with a much much much more satisfying color rendition and a bump in output... A nichia 219 swap of course!

And to AZPops,

I love my c2, I share yer sentiment. I also love my z2. What a sweet lights!

-Chris

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
A fantastic start to your SureFire collection, those are all top notch SF products! I'm lovin the fury and T1A. Can the fury be bored for larger cells? You may consider contacting DeFabricata if you have any interest in swapping your T1A emitter to one with a much much much more satisfying color rendition and a bump in output... A nichia 219 swap of course!

And to AZPops,

I love my c2, I share yer sentiment. I also love my z2. What a sweet lights!

-Chris

Thanks Chris! ...:thumbsup:

The tint on the T1A is actually ok for my use, and I can't believe I'm gonna posting this. But the Fury's tint although to my eyes is a soft green blue'ish tint, it really lights an area extemely well with less glare and (ok, ok, I'll say it) I'm actually liking it! ... :cool:....:laughing:

EV_007

Enlightened
Nice collection. Good mix of flood and throw as well as power levels. Only one I don't have in that lineup is the Fury.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection. Good mix of flood and throw as well as power levels. Only one I don't have in that lineup is the Fury.

Thanks! I'm really liking the Fury quite a lot, even with it's soft blue green tint. I don't know how to describe the tint other then it removes a lot of the glare from whatever I'm hitting with the light.

davyro

Enlightened
Alright my friend,i'm glad you've introduced Harlee & Calvin to the CPF community,now everyone can get a chance to see my two favourite American hounds haha.I had a feeling you were starting to get into Surefires
are you enjoying them? out of all the Surefire line-up i'd probably go for a Fury but i'm still a Surefire virgin:eek: hope your well & best wishes to Calvin on his visit to the dentist.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
great thing about surefires... they got so many different flavors. i have about 10 surefires, but i still have a long want to buy list, that T1A being one of them.

davyro

Enlightened
Hey Davyro, PM sent!

I see what you mean i don't think that would bother me to much either,there doesn't seem to be a light out at the minute that i really fancy so i might take a look at some surefires to see if one takes my fancy.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see what you mean i don't think that would bother me to much either,there doesn't seem to be a light out at the minute that i really fancy so i might take a look at some surefires to see if one takes my fancy.

Yup, 4 around a "C" note ....

CIMG2353.jpg

.... this one is a pretty dang good light! Well, that's be4 you ad one of Jason Hui's Ti clips!

CIMG2342.jpg

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jalcon, that's two of the half dozen or so o-rings I purchased at NAPA. Can't remember the size, but they were the largest diameter o-rings in their o-ring tray. ... :thumbsup:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say what will cost more......The root canal or a Surefire light(?) Then after spending that money, you will likely feel the pain of disappointment(almost as painful as a root canal), when you realize the Surefire's high mode is only around 100-200 lumens!

Just kidding, they probably make at least 1 light now that goes over 200 lumens from what I hear...

But you got the right idea to buy an older Surefire host(hopefully discounted), then "upgrade" it with a newer, better drop-in module made by someone else.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say what will cost more......The root canal or a Surefire light(?) Then after spending that money, you will likely feel the pain of disappointment(almost as painful as a root canal), when you realize the Surefire's high mode is only around 100-200 lumens!

Just kidding, they probably make at least 1 light now that goes over 200 lumens from what I hear...

But you got the right idea to buy an older Surefire host(hopefully discounted), then "upgrade" it with a newer, better drop-in module made by someone else.

Well Calvin gonna be sleep'in when he has the root canal, so ain't gonna feel a thing! Plus I'm sure the dentist will give him some happy pills to take home with us. If not though, Harlee will share some of her meds with him, and let me tell you, she got some strong feel NO PAIN meds! ... lol

Regard'in which will cost more? In reagards to hard cash spent, I'd be able to buy quite a few Surefires to what it's gonna cost to have Calvin's root canal procedure done Friday morning! ... lol

Emotionally, I'm really glad that none of the Surefires has made me second guess my purchases! My next two I'd like ot buy is the EB1 and either the LX2 Up Grade and or Ultra, but I'm glad it's awhiles off since it'll give me the ability to build up my flashlight fund back up again! .. lol

Last edited: