Emisar D1S thrower!

Agpp

Enlightened
Hmm, is the head of the MT02 the same as the UT02? It looks smaller and theoretically would throw less than the UT02. :)

It is a little smaller.
According to manufacturer specs, throw is c.a. 150 kcd (from memory) vs. UT02s 124 (from memory too). It has nearly double lumen output, but HD emitter. So with the same reflector size it should throw about the same. With real reflector size it should be somewhat worse. It can make up some of it by centering the LED better of having a better reflector. Frankly, I suspect the MT02 specs may be inflated somewhat, but nevertheless the lights should be close.

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but, where are these lights made? I've searched online for Emisar and Noctigon, and I can't find where they are manufactured. It is my understanding that Emisar is manufactured by Noctigon, but I even looked up a Noctigon light manual, and no address or country of origin was given!

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, this may sound like a dumb question, but, where are these lights made? I've searched online for Emisar and Noctigon, and I can't find where they are manufactured. It is my understanding that Emisar is manufactured by Noctigon, but I even looked up a Noctigon light manual, and no address or country of origin was given!

I believe both the Emisar and Noctigon brands are offered by Int'l Outdoors, which is owned by Hank Wang in China. I'll take a wild guess and say they're Chinese made. As for whether Hans has his own production line or hires an OEM, you can ask around on the other forum.

TCY

Enlightened
Emisar is just a different branding used by Hank Wang, presumably for product differentiation. AFAIK Hank (and his team) manufactures and sells all Noctigon and Emisar variants, so yes they are made in China. I personally contacted Hank for repairing my M43 and buying the D4 so that's how I know. That, and the Emisars are still being called "Meteor" amongst Chinese flashaholics.

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I suspected they were PRC-made, but I couldn't find anything to verify my suspicion.

Does it really matter considering 95% (made up number but presumably close) of current lights are made in China?

Usually when something ISN'T made in China, the manufacturer will boldly state so.

Of course there are known exceptions like Armytek who claim to be a Canadian manufacturer when in actual fact they are made in China..

Going_Supernova

Enlightened
Does it really matter considering 95% (made up number but presumably close) of current lights are made in China?

Usually when something ISN'T made in China, the manufacturer will boldly state so.

Of course there are known exceptions like Armytek who claim to be a Canadian manufacturer when in actual fact they are made in China..

Yes, it does matter, but per forum rules I cannot elaborate.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in a D1S, might as well get two since I've got a D1 and a D4 now and am about to get another of each.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
It will stay at 100%. You have to let go and hold down the button again to begin the ramp down process

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
So I found a BLF post on the Emisar D4:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?
"floody 10623 optic instead of 10622 clear optic"

ven

Flashaholic
How do you make it ramp down?
What happens if you ramp to 100% and keep the button pressed down?

Little hard to explain, will try! Press hold to ramps(around 2.5s from under 1lm to .........max). Let go of switch, press straight away(no waiting) and it will ramp the other way. Now if you wait a second or so, it will continue to ramp the same way(providing your not at max). So quick press/hold will ramp other way, wait and press/hold continue same direction.

It is fantastic UI, real user friendly yet lots to it. There may be little tweaks coming from toykeeper. This would be along the lines of creating your own ceiling(your own max level). So for high output(D4) that get hot fast, you could pre set a 1000lm level as max for an example.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I found a BLF post on the Emisar D4:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

There is a thread here about the D4 already.

Model wise, the D1 is the small thrower, D1S is the large head thrower, D4 is the quad optic, and the D7 is supposed to be a 7 emitter setup.
One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?
"floody 10623 optic instead of 10622 clear optic"

Latest posts