Emisar D1S thrower!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I found a BLF post on the Emisar D4:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?
"floody 10623 optic instead of 10622 clear optic"
The D4 uses standard Carclo quad optics. Mountain Electronics sells 2 different varieties separately for about $2 each. You could always buy additional optics and swap them in.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I found a BLF post on the Emisar D4:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/55306?

The functions seem very nice, from moon to incredibly bright. Why don't they put that into a light that has more mass so it can stay cool?
Also confused about the versions - D1, Z -- and their beam shapes. Beamshots anywhere?

One seller offers two different lenses. Since the lens is removable, can you buy it with both lenses?
"floody 10623 optic instead of 10622 clear optic"

I had some thoughts on this, but I'm going to quote this post over in the CPF D4 thread.

totobel

Newly Enlightened
From the picture that one might be handle heat better, longer.
Finger crossed because thats pretty much the only weak point of the d4 and d1

busseguy

Enlightened
Anyone know what the runtime on high is?

And does it have momentary capabilities?

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
Anyone know what the runtime on high is?

And does it have momentary capabilities?
Runtime would be dependant on multiple factors including battery used and thermal stepdown. However it pulls around 6A so you can probably do the maths!

There is a momentary mode, which you need to enter with 4 clicks.

browndude3649

Newly Enlightened
Just got my Thrower after having a good time with a D4 for a couple weeks. Wow so much fun but doesn't heat up lickity split like my D4. Now I want a plain old D1. Man I wish somebody made a lanyard ring the screw cap could torq down on if you don't like belt clips.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, curious nooblet here...
Which forum rule prevents you from discussing this?

tia...

Guessing that the kind sir is referring to the fact that CPF does not want members implying or stating that some countries are better or some countries are worse when it comes to place of manufacture: that politics (and overt nationalism) are not appropriate forum discussion because it is divisive and derailing.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Thrower after having a good time with a D4 for a couple weeks. Wow so much fun but doesn't heat up lickity split like my D4. Now I want a plain old D1. Man I wish somebody made a lanyard ring the screw cap could torq down on if you don't like belt clips.

Yeah the D1 is a great all around light.
Consider that you might not want a loop on the end cap anyways, one handed it's easier to lockout the battery at the head/ tube end instead of at the tail cap, and somehow it seems - maybe from the low mass of the tail cap compared to the rest of the light, that it's something more to be protected than yanked on, hung from...
You could lash a loop that's anchored from the battery tube, the loop extending over and around the tail cap, pretty simple with good technique at making a tight lashing.
That's one solution, using a Lapp knot to attach a lanyard to a fixed loop is a pretty good trick too.

browndude3649

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the D1 is a great all around light.
Consider that you might not want a loop on the end cap anyways, one handed it's easier to lockout the battery at the head/ tube end instead of at the tail cap, and somehow it seems - maybe from the low mass of the tail cap compared to the rest of the light, that it's something more to be protected than yanked on, hung from...
You could lash a loop that's anchored from the battery tube, the loop extending over and around the tail cap, pretty simple with good technique at making a tight lashing.
That's one solution, using a Lapp knot to attach a lanyard to a fixed loop is a pretty good trick too.

I have kite bridle line prolly 250lb that could fit nicely between the head rails.

Also the Astrolux holster off ebay from asia fits a D4 real nicely, and the elastic isnt stiff. Half inch xtra room.