Emisar D4S

Nokoff

Enlightened
So who's getting which new aux LED color?
I wasn't a huge fan of the cyan so glad to see other options.
60676699c2886629352ed70d70d0b0c2.png

Zeron1

Newly Enlightened
i might just get me another one with a yellow aux light. I'm thinking of the 5000k with a magnetic cap. Totally worth the wait as the light is very reliable and useful for my application.

Deadsailor21

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if they are going to have a pocket clip for the D4S? If not does anyone know where to source one that might work? Been looking everywhere.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Does anyone know if they are going to have a pocket clip for the D4S? If not does anyone know where to source one that might work? Been looking everywhere.

I've got mine on a neck lanyard!

Lol jk It is pretty wide so probably only ever going to get the lanyard hole. I could be wrong. Not a torch I'd ever pocket carry, well never say never.

Nokoff

Enlightened
why is 3000k tint not offered ?

Great question!

A tint leaning toward the magenta/pink like 7A3 is perfect. I don't think they understand that it won't be so yellow like a neutral 4000-5000k would be.

I have two cyan D4S already so I'm not buying more..unless they would offer a 3000k option then well yeah probably I will, or I sell one of mine first. You never know.

low

Enlightened
I just purchased 2 of the D4S, one with the 219c and one with the XPL HI 3A. I saw some beam shots on youtube with the 219c and I must say it looked quite impressive, huge hotspot and what looked to be quite a bit of throw, he never gave a range so its hard to tell. Now if the XPL HI will double that with a large hotspot to boot, I will be a very happy camper. He also said the moonlight mode was 3-4 lumens, but it looked a lot lower than that. Does anyone know how low it goes?

low

Enlightened
Well I got my 2 flashlights in and I am impressed with the 219c. It did not appear to be at 5k, 4750k perhaps but it had some pink tint to it which made me happy, very nice tint overall and you could tell the high CRI was there. Very pleasant. As far as throw I am going to guess 200 yards. ( This was in a field that has a fair amount if residual light, enough that you could see to walk, but not see what your stepping on) I was able to distinguish large round bales of hay at that range which surprised me. I really like this light. It lights up a lot. A great walking around flashlight. It lights up a lot all around you.

As for the XPL HI it looked to be spot on with the 5000k with a tighter hotspot, not real tight but tighter and a very, very light hint of green in the hotspot, I could only see it wall hunting on hi. Throws a lot better than the 219c, once you ramp up the XPL HI a wee bit, the 219c is brighter on moonlight than the HI, (on mine) bright enough for me to get around. What shocked me about the HI was the lack of throw compared to the 219c at full power. At 200 yards (219c) you could tell if someone was besides the bale perhaps, but out at 300 yards you could tell that was a bale of hay (being I knew it was there) but I could not distinguish it like I could with the 219c at 200 yds. I thought it would double the throw, but not so, in this partially lit field. Maybe 50-75 more yards of serviceable light but that's it. I swapped the batteries around but nothing changed.

So if you are on the fence between these two, I would save the $18 and get the 219c, I don't think you will regret it at all. Unless of course if you are colorblind in the red-green, then the XPL HI would be the choice, or you want a little tighter hotspot.

Of course yardage will change (perhaps even dramatically?) if you are in complete darkness, cant wait to try that out.

Last edited:

Nokoff

Enlightened
You won the tint lottery Low, my Nichia has a touch of green corona. Nothing you'd see except in a white wall.

I have an XPL HI 5000k in the mail for over a month now, I'll see if my results are similar when/ if I ever get it lol.

low

Enlightened
Wow, I guess I am a winner then. And it will be interesting to see what your results are. Perhaps your XPL HI will throw twice as far as your 219c. Good luck!
I forgot to add that I bought them at Mt. Electronics and both came with the cyan Aux Led, which I liked, not blue, not green, just half and half.

Nokoff

Enlightened
I received my XPL Hi 5000k today. It has a really nice beam color, and a large flood hotspot. It easily has more throw than my Nichia one.

They're both cyan. One thing I don't get is why, on my newer one, the cyan AUX LEDs are so much brighter.

The one on the left is green host with the Nichia. On the right is a black host with XPL 5000k. Both AUX LEDs are set to high. I can see a slight green tint on the left one which I attribute to the green host; I believe it affects the Nichia beam too. What I can't understand is why the same AUX LED is so much brighter on the right. Ideas?
7ccff54ab97a1957d5737d576969537a.jpg

Zeron1

Newly Enlightened
I received my XPL Hi 5000k today. It has a really nice beam color, and a large flood hotspot. It easily has more throw than my Nichia one.

They're both cyan. One thing I don't get is why, on my newer one, the cyan AUX LEDs are so much brighter.

The one on the left is green host with the Nichia. On the right is a black host with XPL 5000k. Both AUX LEDs are set to high. I can see a slight green tint on the left one which I attribute to the green host; I believe it affects the Nichia beam too. What I can't understand is why the same AUX LED is so much brighter on the right. Ideas?

You can lower the brightness settings of the AUX LED's. It has 3 modes; low, high and beacon.

Connor

Enlightened
Both AUX LEDs are set to high. I can see a slight green tint on the left one which I attribute to the green host; I believe it affects the Nichia beam too. What I can't understand is why the same AUX LED is so much brighter on the right. Ideas?

Looks to me as if the left light has the AUX LEDs set to *low*.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Now you understand what I'm saying. The ceiling on the newer one is much higher, meaning it's a lot brighter, so much so you thought the left one was on low.

However, as I said both are set to High. I understand UI. It's 7 clicks to change between low, hi, beacon, off.

I'll perform a battery drain test before I reach out to ToyKeeper.

Nokoff

Enlightened
I also found her current pulls for the AUX LEDs. I'll see if I can get a reading on my old Fluke. Comparing my results to hers will tell the tale; not sure if the current was changed by design or not. All I know so far is that she compared high aux to moonlight. The one on the right above puts out well above moonlight. It's too bright to keep on at night.

8c2287af81041af08b2212d7e53f6cb8.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
I love the low aux mode. 0.03mA? Nice! Nitecore can't even manage 2000 times that when completely OFF :rolleyes:

low

Enlightened
Wow, now that's low, makes you wonder just how long it will run on the regular moonlight mode.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Yea I agree 100% and low aux looks nice, like tritium vials down in the head.

It just doesn't glow out the top quite enough. Both my lows look the same, it's just the high that's the issue. If I can't fix it I'll probably just use low on that one. I'm doing a battery drain test all day today then I'll go from there.

I actually really like how the green body makes the cyan aux LEDs appear a tint of green. It's more subtle than the bright green that was just released. Bright Green isn't good for night vision. I prefer red to anything, and I am considering the amber, but not green.

I have red/blue/green on my Acebeam X80 and the red is what the family prefers when walking the mutts after dark. It really does not affect our eyes at all while the other colors make me squint.

I am thinking another green with red aux, you know for Christmas ;) and a black host with Amber aux. The black looks really good on this host.