ever lost a flashlight?

radkoch

Newly Enlightened
Seems like I only lose my expensive flashlights I put a lot of time into. The cheapie black and yellow flashlight I bought when I was a mechanic in the army is still around. (I was in the army from 83-89)

edpmis02

Enlightened
Fenix LD25 that sat behind the couch until my wife did some house cleaning before some guests arrived.. :candle:

bnemmie

Enlightened
More then I want to admit to. lol

Dropped one and that was the end of that - over the edge of the boat I got to watch it (was on) disappear into the darkness of the water depth and at night. It was really cool.

I have lost a few Sirefires this way. It was a cool at first, until I realized that I just lost a $60 flashlight. lol

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a teen I lost my minimag. I was devastated because I loved that thing. Took it everywhere with its tc lanyard. I was at a snowy campground in N. California and during a snowball fight I lost it. Never found it, and contemplated returning in the summer to see if it's still there. :) The other close call happened a few years ago at the bookstore. I was sitting on one of the comfy chairs with a Pila GL3 in my pocket. I stood up to leave and halfway to the parking lot noticed my pocket was empty. Ran back to the chair to find the GL3 undisturbed.

I make it a point to never lose a light. They are simply dear to me. Hope they make LoJack for flashlights soon?

Last edited:

al93535

Newly Enlightened
Never. I check pocket contents regularly. Once when my zebra came out of my pocket, I realized it within minutes, backtracked and found it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an ITP A3 E0S on my keychain for a short time, then the head fell off. Now I only use lights with stiff threads for keychain duty.

irlemt

Newly Enlightened
I lost my first ever mini mag AA ( camoflage colour) that I got for my 21st Birthday. Also lost a 4C maglite. Lost 2 minimags within a week but found them both 6 months later down the back of my couch , happy days!

Raiden

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore EC25 just magically disappeared in my bedroom. I left it on the table while it was on "stand-by" mode last night. I think the suspect is my 4-year old daughter. LOL Hopefully she didnt put the flashlight in the trash can. Every night I turn off the lights to see if I can find the "blink" since I left it on stand-by mode. This weekend, I think I'll I do a thorough house cleaning.

Last night I found my EC25! It was mysteriously placed in my P25 shipping container which was located in the utility room. With a weak 18650, of course. I thought I had to order another one. :twothumbs

Last edited:

JCD

Enlightened
Last night I found my EC25! It was mysteriously placed in my P25 shipping container which was located in the utility room. With a weak 18650, of course. I thought I had to order another one. :twothumbs

I have a four year old nephew who likes to relocate my lights to do, um, runtime experiments. I wouldn't mind it as much if he would just document the experiments better!

Fortunately, I've been able to find them all so far, so no lost lights.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, yes! I've misplaced several lights (which all turned up one way or the other), but for MONTHS I was totally bummed by losing one of my Torch Lab custom lights. I'd been working on the garage door opener.... so I assumed it was in the garage or engine compartment of the car. I had visions of it disappearing onto the highway, never to be used by me again.... Then.... (I have always been lucky) I dropped a battery on the floor near the computer... There was my beloved Torch Lab light! It had been there under the chair for more than a month! How did it get there? Haven't got a clue!

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
Sigh...i try to forget about it...

Theres a bored Surefire C2 with m61 and AW 18650 lost somewhere in the Georgian Terrace hotel in Atlanta.

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Never. I check pocket contents regularly. Once when my zebra came out of my pocket, I realized it within minutes, backtracked and found it. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Same. Always patting my pockets down etc making sure everythings there.. people look at me weird when I get up off a seat and then look at it, under the seat/floor etc. Ok maybe a bit too paranoid. Left my tablet on a park bench yesterday (very rare that would happen, but I was carrying more bags than usual and trying to eat a piece of fruit at the same time, realised in about 5-10 secs I didn't have it. raced back across busy traffic and got it. was in a busy part of town with lotsa people walking past). I rarely lose stuff tho. Back to the topic, nope, never lost a flashlight.. yet :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same. Always patting my pockets down etc making sure everythings there.. people look at me weird when I get up off a seat and then look at it, under the seat/floor etc. Ok maybe a bit too paranoid. Left my tablet on a park bench yesterday (very rare that would happen, but I was carrying more bags than usual and trying to eat a piece of fruit at the same time, realised in about 5-10 secs I didn't have it. raced back across busy traffic and got it. was in a busy part of town with lotsa people walking past). I rarely lose stuff tho. Back to the topic, nope, never lost a flashlight.. yet :)

I don't go as far as bending down to look under seats, but I check my pocket content whenever I put something back in and check the ground too. I once had my wallet fall to the ground silently and before anyone could even try for it, I was right on top of the situation. Been doing this for so long it is now a reflex.

I posted this before in another thread and it helped one or two members. Hoping it might help someone again:

How to find lost objects

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I leave a light on counter or couch it becomes missing. My wife throws it in a drawer or some weird place. No matter to her that I need it for work, or that it cost me $100 + batteries. This is why I could never buy a Wilma; I would need to press felony charges, which wouldn't be good for the marriage.

They usually turn up in a few years. I sure hope there is a good market in the future for antique led lights.

Someone needs to come up with a $2 key finder, not based on whistling. (Whistling key finders do not work, as they constantly go off.)

Last edited:

ericjohn

Enlightened
Don't get me started. In bygone, unenlightened times, my parents would throw out a flashlight whenever the bulb would blow. Lost some pretty rare ones doing that. I have lost at least two of my Garrity R300G flashlights.

alex21

Newly Enlightened
I don't go as far as bending down to look under seats, but I check my pocket content whenever I put something back in and check the ground too. I once had my wallet fall to the ground silently and before anyone could even try for it, I was right on top of the situation. Been doing this for so long it is now a reflex. I posted this before in another thread and it helped one or two members. Hoping it might help someone again: How to find lost objects
I've developed that kind of edc sixth sense too.. It's also the hassle associated with getting things replaced, falling into wrong hands, or personal info being found on phones/devices or forgetting to backup my calender, etc.(ofcourse there are software/mechanisms for that stuff.. ) Cool book as well, thanks :)

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Someone needs to come up with a $2 key finder, not based on whistling. (Whistling key finders do not work, as they constantly go off.)
Oh god that thing is annoying.. think it freaked my neighbours out once cos I stuffed a couple of those in a cupboard right behind a common wall and would go off at the slightest sound.

insomnivore

Newly Enlightened
One of my part time jobs is at a campground and it allows me the opportunity to find many lost things, or "gone found" in the internet/New USA speak. Got a nice squeeze red LED light (ala Photon I) at the end of last year. Now using it as my bedroom TV remote control light.

Last edited: