Fenix E01

RemcoM

Enlightened
I don't think you have to worry about annoying oncoming traffic with the E01 unless you drive your bike way too close to pedestrians walking towards you, and aim it directly at their eyes :)

The TK35 on the other hand should probably be treated like the high beams on a car - I'd point it to the ground and / or lower the output in situations where it might annoy or even blind someone temporarily.

You could let a friend ride your bike towards you with the lights on and see for yourself which configurations are "safe". If that's not possible, park it at one end of a football field, walk to the other end and back (obviously you have to leave the lights on in this instance too, and walk towards the bike on your way back)

Thank you for your answer,

1 What do you think, Todays Halogen, and HID Xenon Carheadlights, Their beamdistance when sining straight forward, and their Beam intensity? (CD) number?

2 Do you have a bike/bicycle, or a car, and what kind of lights you have on it?

3 Whats your most powerfull flashlight you have?

Swede74

Enlightened
Thank you for your answer,

1 What do you think, Todays Halogen, and HID Xenon Carheadlights, Their beamdistance when sining straight forward, and their Beam intensity? (CD) number?

2 Do you have a bike/bicycle, or a car, and what kind of lights you have on it?

3 Whats your most powerfull flashlight you have?

I'm going to keep my my answer short, but I hope that in doing so I don't come off as rude. I don't want you to feel snubbed, but since your questions are a bit off topic, I think it would have been better to send them to me in a PM (Private Message) or search for more appropriate threads (or start new ones if necessary).

1. I don't have an opinion, mostly because I don't have a car, which partly answers question #2

2. I have a bicycle, and am embarrassed to admit that I have a very cheap, barely splash resistant light on it that provides far from enough light. Sometimes I use my LedLenser L7 as a front light, but I don't have a good mount for it so it bounces around too much.

3. Zebralight SC600

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swede74, a good and cheap bicycle mount is to get two hose clamps (stainless steel) and pass one through the other (perpendicular) before mounting one to your handlebars. Tighten the one on the handlebars and then put your flashlight of choice through the other hose clamp.

Use some inner tune to protect both your handlebars and flashlight from scratches. I've used this set up on several bikes and it works a treat. This setup will hold a large flashlight like a TK41 solid as a rock. Though I don't use a TK41, usually just a single 18650 light or two.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
I dont want to start a new thread for this, altho I'm guessing nobody will read this buried here, so maybe I will have to :/

My new Fenix e01 is eating up fresh Duracell batteries, is it defective? Runtime is nowhere near 21 hours, more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely. Went through 3 new AAA's in the past 4 days, using the light ~3 hours per day.

I thought this was supposed to be such an amazing lumen vampire workhorse?

I paid only $10.79 for this e01 from Amazon, it came in a new box but didn't include the battery as stated on the box, so maybe it was liquidation from a shady source?

Should I file a claim, or am I missing something? Barely worth the shipping, but on principle I'm annoyed. I bought this specifically bec I wanted a light that would last a long time on a low setting for daily bedside use. But having to change battery every day using for just 3 hours each day is ridiculous...

Did I get a bad run, or are these over-spec'ed?

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
I've had a Fenix E01 for well over a year and it hasn't failed me a single time. It was my first ever EDC light, it's been dropped, scratched numerous times. It will always work, no matter what... I've used it for whatnot purposes. May be the most reliable light ever, despite its size :)

Ishango

Enlightened
I've got quite a bunch of E01's as backup. One is on my keychain for 4+ years now and has never failed me. It is a great little light. Yours is probably defective indeed.

I've got a purple E01 on my key-biner for EDC. I'd be lost without it! While it's a tad large it's doable for me- but even one mm larger would be too big! It's not super bright but it's durable, reliable, and small enough that I can live with it in my pocket all the time. Sure, brighter would be nice but it's plenty powerful for what I use it for (eg. checking to see that equipment is turned off, getting my key in the door, finding items dropped, etc).

One of the best things about it is the low price. I got mine from Amazon.com for $11 shipped (normally a buck or two more). If I lose it I won't freak out, and it's cheap enough to replace.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
[...] My new Fenix e01 is eating up fresh Duracell batteries, is it defective? Runtime is nowhere near 21 hours, more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely. Went through 3 new AAA's in the past 4 days, using the light ~3 hours per day [...]

A member posted graphs of his E01 runtime on several Duracell Alkaline AAA and Energizer Lithium AAA batteries. On a Duracell Alkaline AAA, he was averaging around 8.3hr to 11hr of daylight mode followed by at least another 5hr of moonlight mode.

"My Quick Fenix E01 Review"
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196078-My-Quick-Fenix-E01-Review

Last edited:

joelbnyc

Enlightened
A member posted graphs of his E01 runtime on several Duracell Alkaline AAA and Energizer Lithium AAA batteries. On a Duracell Alkaline AAA, he was averaging around 8.3hr to 11hr of daylight mode followed by at least another 5hr of moonlight mode.

"My Quick Fenix E01 Review"
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?196078-My-Quick-Fenix-E01-Review

Thanks, yes based on those graphs I definitely received a bad light. I used 2 types of AAAs and saw significant brightness drops after a couple hours. That chart displays a flat horizontal line for 10 hours.

I guess that's amazon for you, although this was sold and fulfilled by amazon so it wasn't some sketchy liquidator. And I thought $11 for this light was normal price anyway.

Oh well, I'll try one more type of AAA, if same issues I'll email them links to that chart in my claim, thx again.

Sent from somewhere using something

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
more like 4 hours b4 the battery dims and dies completely.

Did you get an E05 by mistake perhaps? Or the factory installed a E05 circuit in your E01? Failing that, you got a dud or a dodgy clone.

nbp

Flashaholic
I did several E01 runtime tests awhile back. Now to see if I can remember what thread they were posted in. :thinking:

GreySave

Enlightened
The E01 is a great back up light. Yes, there are brighter lights out there but brightness isn't everything. Run time also counts, and for that reason the E01 with its small size and common AAA cell is the perfect back up light for me.

N_N_R

Enlightened
Just came across a picture of my E01 on my photobucket :D

Here's the guy, used & abused :D I even now removed it from my keys and will carry it in my pocket for a while again... I need some close, intimate moments with it, I've been missing it... :D :D

221020121979.jpg

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
N N R, you just got it broke in, mines been on my keyring for about 4 years.

IMAG1071-1-1.jpg

N_N_R

Enlightened
LightWalker, lol, I can't even read the serial number on yours and the logo has gotten ... blurred :D

Tough little things :D And when I think I was worried about the LED breaking or sth, lol.

andy tims

Newly Enlightened
I was happy with my E01 but recently it just died. It was 3 years old, but I didn't drop it, or get it very wet so I'm not sure why it happened.

Racer

Enlightened
I think even with all the advancements in LED technology, the E01 is still a great backup light. Output versus runtime is still respectable, but its extreme durability still puts it in a class almost all its own. And that is why I still have one on each keychain, even though I am a collector of AAA lights and can choose from a wide variety.

tugsus

Newly Enlightened
It's been my daily carry for 4 years just because of the size.

I liked it (and the cost) so much, I have them stashed in my bags and around the house.