Fenix TK75(3*U2 LEDs, 2600 lumens)

choppedlow

Newly Enlightened
This will be my first decent light with a battery carrier, so forgive me if I sound fresh off the boat, but will Fenix sell extra carriers separately? And are these compatible with other lights that they sell? Thanks.

kj2

Flashaholic
This will be my first decent light with a battery carrier, so forgive me if I sound fresh off the boat, but will Fenix sell extra carriers separately? And are these compatible with other lights that they sell? Thanks.

For what I know, they won't sell carriers separately- only in combo with extender. If they are compatible with other lights I highly doubt it.

kj2

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix E50 - Any one to spread some light !!

Please share if possible. Dont use facebook. Thanks.

5mwjva.jpg

Navman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix E50 - Any one to spread some light !!

I got one on the way too, can't wait, this will be my first entry into the world of high end flashlights :D

Jelle-S

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Im waiting for my TK75 to arrive but I am confused on what 18650 batteries to buy.

In the TK75 manual Fenix recommends the Fenix ARB-L2 batteries, these batteries are 68.2mm long, but a 18650 battery is 65mm long, right? The difference in length is because of the PCB protection I understand but what batteries will fit the TK75??? the original 18650 size of '65mm' or the '68mm'?? or does ALL 18650 type batteries fit the TK75.

I hope someone can explain this to me before I buy the wrong batteries ;)

Thanks,
Jelle

kj2

Flashaholic
Hey guys,

Im waiting for my TK75 to arrive but I am confused on what 18650 batteries to buy.

In the TK75 manual Fenix recommends the Fenix ARB-L2 batteries, these batteries are 68.2mm long, but a 18650 battery is 65mm long, right? The difference in length is because of the PCB protection I understand but what batteries will fit the TK75??? the original 18650 size of '65mm' or the '68mm'?? or does ALL 18650 type batteries fit the TK75.

Thanks,
Jelle

Smaller batteries, smaller than the Fenix 18650, should fit.

ChessFan

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Jelle

The ARB-L2 should fit just fine, as these are Fenix's own batteries and the runtimes for the TK75 have been tested with them. I suppose the spring system in the carrier does give some extra headroom for the length of the battery, but we will have to wait and see. The ARB-L2 should definitely fit!

I am also eagerly waiting to order one, but the local dealers will not have the TK75 on stock for another 3 weeks. So I'll probably read some reviews before I can order mine.

Robert

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I am also eagerly waiting to order one, but the local dealers will not have the TK75 on stock for another 3 weeks. So I'll probably read some reviews before I can order mine.

Robert
If it's the same way as with the Eagletac MX25L2, you could be waiting a while, Robert. The new Eagletacs have been out for well over a month now and I've yet to see a single comprehensive review or even some decent beamshot comparisons with other lights in it's class.

I personally don't buy the TK75's 600+ meter throw marketing hype, but if it performs at even 75% of what Fenix claims, it's still real bargain for the price. I was going to go with a dedicated thrower again, but my TN-31 is just fine and this new light sounds intriguing. I usually wait for reviews, however I might just pull the trigger on the TK75 when it's available, review or not.

Heck, if I end up I keeping it, I might even do my own review, if I could just figure out how to post new threads on this site??? :confused:

ChessFan

Newly Enlightened
If it's the same way as with the Eagletac MX25L2, you could be waiting a while, Robert. The new Eagletacs have been out for well over a month now and I've yet to see a single comprehensive review or even some decent beamshot comparisons with other lights in it's class.

I personally don't buy the TK75's 600+ meter throw marketing hype, but if it performs at even 75% of what Fenix claims, it's still real bargain for the price. I was going to go with a dedicated thrower again, but my TN-31 is just fine and this new light sounds intriguing. I usually wait for reviews, however I might just pull the trigger on the TK75 when it's available, review or not.

Heck, if I end up I keeping it, I might even do my own review, if I could just figure out how to post new threads on this site??? :confused:

You've got a point there Albert. I think I'll simply buy one too, even without a review. I just hope it won't be a "pre-production" version, plagued by unexpected faults.
I must admit, I don't really need the TK75, as my currents lights serve me well enough and I am more of a utilitarian than a collector, but after seeing the specs (and the looks) I can't help it. I just want one! :drool:
The TK75 seem to be a heck of a light and in this case I'm more interested in the flood than the throw and that one seems to be great. Can't help you with the new thread as I'm new to this too.:thinking:

Actually, I kind of felt compelled to "join the club" as this desire seems to be a sure sign of addiction...
:help:

Take care :grin2:

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
anyone here that owns a TK75 also happen to own a TK40/Tk41? Would love to see the comparisoin difference between them.

I love my TK40 but am currently looking for something real powerfully bright with 3~4 18650 but with length of around 150mm and below $250 range...

Bwolcott

Enlightened
anyone here that owns a TK75 also happen to own a TK40/Tk41? Would love to see the comparisoin difference between them.

I love my TK40 but am currently looking for something real powerfully bright with 3~4 18650 but with length of around 150mm and below $250 range...

its not out yet

Bl@ckR0ck

Newly Enlightened
Ah, man. I started following this thread from another on the TK22. I'm ready to get one of these guys. There are a couple other lights I'm interested in too.
The Nitecore TM15 is another in the same genre that tempts me.

Last edited:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I dont think really any of the other 3 xml lights are in the genre of the tk75 other then the tk70 because the tk75 is meant to be a thrower