First forum knife Final

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Below is the leather laces that Empyfree and I have been discussing.
When I measured ~ they are in fact 6ft long so $4/ea

CPF-HT-25.jpg

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbourneknives.com

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one PRETTY flashlite. What is the body made of ? Is it wood or metal anodized ? It's really, really pretty.............. (the knives are neat too but the brown flashlight is :cool:)

Thanks for sharing :) you know if you fellows don't stop showing me these things you might turn me into a flashaholic or something :crackup:

Cheers, Carol
That is wood. One of our members make them. Your choice of metal color and wood. His handle is Will.
He turns down the metal on a lathe, glues on a hunk of wood and then turns down tthe wood until it's even with the metal. My wife and I have a matching pair. He does mostly Mags, Mini and Solitaire.

BTW, my number is correct.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
That is wood. One of our members make them. Your choice of metal color and wood. His handle is Will.
He turns down the metal on a lathe, glues on a hunk of wood and then turns down tthe wood until it's even with the metal. My wife and I have a matching pair. He does mostly Mags, Mini and Solitaire.

BTW, my number is correct.

Thankyou for your response :) Will certainly makes beautiful flashlights.
I'm kinda partial to wood - guess that's a surprise seeing as we work with it all the time :whistle: But it certainly is beautiful.

CHeers, Carol.
http://www.tichbourneknives.com

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
My number is correct. Thanks for the pictures and I hope you have an enjoyable Easter weekend!:)

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Ooo, Our knives were vacuum furnace heat treated and individually checked for Rockwell hardness. The latter test measures the penetration of a diamond point under a defined load. ;)

My number is fine.

Larry

shuter

Enlightened
My number is fine.

Still waiting to see the neck sheath so I can decede if I want to order the cusom leather belt sheath.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Still enjoying the pics over & over!! It would be great to print them all out & save the "Making of..."!!

My number is good!

Empyfree

Enlightened
My number is correct. :thumbsup:

Carol, if the laces are twice as long as we initially thought... can you please only send me half as many! (i.e. 3) I don't need 36' of leather laces!

Thanks for showing us the heat treating process. I love seeing diferent industrial processes at work.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
My number is correct. :thumbsup:

Carol, if the laces are twice as long as we initially thought... can you please only send me half as many! (i.e. 3) I don't need 36' of leather laces!

Already reduced the amount, actually think I mentioned in somewhere :):) didn't think you'd need quite that much...............

Glad you're enjoying the photos. We have a program over here called
"How It's Made" it's one of my favourites. Learning new things all the time helps keep us young :thumbsup:

Cheers, Carol
http://www.tichbournknives.com

marcspar

Enlightened
Hi George & Carol,

# 18 is correct for me. I'd like to also add some leather strips to my order.

Happy Easter,

Marc