First forum knife Final

Telkin

Enlightened
Great Photos !!!! You'll have to bring that camera over one day for us to see.

Really was impressed with the crispness. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Carol & George

Thanks! I had a good cooperative subject to take pictures of.

Absolutely, will stop by with the camera when I have some spare time and possibly take some cute pictures of Maggie.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO - it's not a defect. :ohgeez: It's a result of the process and if it read as a defect that is not correct. I'll have to have a little chat with George :whistle:

Looking forward to hearing from you fellows when you get your parcel out of customs !!! :party:

Heard from one of the fellows and his parcel has arrived in Indonesia. :)

There are people we haven't heard from but by this point everyone should have their knives.

Cheers, Carol :wave:
http://www.tichbourneknives.com
905-670-0200
i was kidding Carol..:)

i was implying that the knife looks so nice, and of such high quality, even a "defect" so called, looks fantastic.

Crenshaw

Mdinana

Enlightened
There are people we haven't heard from but by this point everyone should have their knives.

Cheers, Carol :wave:
905-670-0200

Well, I know you haven't heard from me. That's because while my knife is (HOPEFULLY!) still sitting at a Michigan post office, the Navy has me sitting in a hotel in Virginia til tomorrow afternoon.

You can be that if I can make it to get my mail before the office closes tomorrow, I'm gonna be a happy camper. If not, it'll have to wait til Tuesday and Memorial Day (argh!).

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Woohoo!...mine's here!..and so is my Dad's, Ghost's, Sesh's, and Crenshaw's..Here's a pic of mine!!

IMG_1928.jpg

Thanks George for breathing life into my design!..

Cheers and Regards,
Nick:)

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been hoping to see that your's arrived Nick. Good to hear that you didn't have any customs problems or anything. Thank you for your design and helping to make this project a reality.

shuter

Enlightened
I received the CPF knife and am very happy with it. The design is unique, with nice lines yet functional. Most of all I want to thank Carrol and George for the way they took us through the complete process. Special people... Special knife.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
im not free to meet nick and get my knife today...:( oh well, soon enough i will have it..:twothumbs:

Crenshaw

Mdinana

Enlightened
Yes, it WAS at the post office. Beautiful work with the handle. I really like the blade shape as well, almost Bowie-esque. I have to say, it's a lot more robust than I thought it would be. For some reason I had a thin knife (like a kitchen knife) in my head! Thank you so much for a beautiful piece of work.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
George, Carol, Nick and schiesz...

:rock: Thank you so much for this wonderful blade.

Carol do tell George that the very first time I held the CPF blade it just begs to be use and I am very sure it will serve me well :)

The work is clean and the blade is stout! I like it loads.

The horizontal sheath that Nick got is super :rock:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
George, Carol, Nick and schiesz...

:rock: Thank you so much for this wonderful blade.

Carol do tell George that the very first time I held the CPF blade it just begs to be use and I am very sure it will serve me well :)

The work is clean and the blade is stout! I like it loads.

The horizontal sheath that Nick got is super :rock:

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Well, we have heard from nearly everyone. Crenshaw ?? you pick up your knife yet ??? I've a feeling you are the last one to actually take delivery.
Looking forward to hearing you have picked it up.

It's really lonesome around here these days, George & I used to rush home to check the forum to see what was going on, or I'd have pictures to send to Chris to put up for me. These days we get home and theres nothing,

This must be what "empty nesters" feel like. I don't like it ...........

Cheers, Carol
905-670-0200

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Carol! i havnt got it yet, My Schedule and Nick's schedule dont coincide very well....He met the rest on sunday, but i wasnt free.likley, ill be getting it from him on thursday. Dont worry! ill take plenty of pictures once i get it, and i get an oppotunity to borrow my friend's camera again...:D

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i met nick up today. got it.

i must say the amount of time and effort that went into the packing, the letter, the made in canda stickers, and everything....wow....:bow:

the knife, piece of art.

i have one concern though, after taking it in and out from the kydex a few times ( cos i take it out, admire, put it back....repeat)
it seems to have developed, for lack a a better word, scratches on the side....is this normal? is that why it was shipped in the plastic wrap thingy?

thanks!

pictures will follow asap

Crenshaw

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
i have one concern though, after taking it in and out from the kydex a few times ( cos i take it out, admire, put it back....repeat)
it seems to have developed, for lack a a better word, scratches on the side....is this normal? is that why it was shipped in the plastic wrap thingy?

Crenshaw

Crenshaw, so pleased you finally have your knife.

To answer your question about the scratches and the kydex sheath,
yes, that is very normal for that kind of sheath. As to why we cover in SPV coating - we do that with everything that leaves our shop - our aim to send our customers something as pristine as possible. It's a given fact that once something - no matter what it is is used it will show signs of usage. Kydex does tend to be a little harder on product than leather but even the best leather will scuff - not so much the blade but the knives that have guards. Just the nature of the beast.

Looking forward to seeing those photos :):)

Cheers, Carol & George

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd mention that I've had my knife for a couple days now. First impression was it's a bit heavier than I'm used to. I've played with and used a lot of production folders and a couple fixed blades for the past 12 years so a heavier and thicker handle is definitely a change.
The work on the handle is very well done by the way. I'll see if I can get an amateur picture or two up over the next couple days. But first I need to finish up the blade with a nice rub and a bit of oil.
I use choji oil on all my steel knives as I have a lot of it for my swords. Do I need to worry about this reacting any way with the dymondwood? Figure I should ask first just in case.

Thanks

P.S. How's George doing? I hope he has a swift recovery after all that's been going on.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Just thought I'd mention that I've had my knife for a couple days now. First impression was it's a bit heavier than I'm used to. I've played with and used a lot of production folders and a couple fixed blades for the past 12 years so a heavier and thicker handle is definitely a change.
The work on the handle is very well done by the way. I'll see if I can get an amateur picture or two up over the next couple days. But first I need to finish up the blade with a nice rub and a bit of oil.
I use choji oil on all my steel knives as I have a lot of it for my swords. Do I need to worry about this reacting any way with the dymondwood? Figure I should ask first just in case.

Thanks

P.S. How's George doing? I hope he has a swift recovery after all that's been going on.

Good to hear from you, glad you like your knife.

DO NOT OIL your blade !!! This is not mild steel or factory grade it is the highest grade cutlery stainless steel and does NOT like to be oiled.
Swords in particular are a totally different animal often not stainless steel.
Do as you will but we strongly suggest you leave the blade alone.

We are not familiar with that oil and this is the first time we have worked with Dymond wood so unable to give you a factual response. Our suggestion however remains the same, it's not necessary so suggest you don't.

Cheers, Carol

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choji oil is pretty much 99% mineral oil. Guess I'll leave it be then.
Yes any "real" production katana sword is definitely not stainless. Most of what I have is 1060 or 9260 steel. No crazy folded tamahagane nihontos or new fangled L6 stuff yet. My budget is too limited.
I use a small amount of choji oil on a lot of my other blades though and haven't seen a problem in storage or use yet. I have everything from cheap steel that rusts and pits when I think about water while in the same room to higher grade steel of the month stuff like D2 and ZDP 189. Hopefully I'm not doing any damage to them by cleaning every few months. Most of them do get used.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
Gentlemen, there are a couple we have not heard from but by all accounts, all the knives have been received and everyone should have one by now.

It was a fun project to work on, and certainly being in contact with all of you on a regular basis was really great. We enjoyed dealing with all of you.

For any of you looking for another knife, be it outdoor, folding, art collectable, bowie, tactical or Kitchen give us a call 905-670-0200 or send us an e-mail [email protected]

Once the system here is up and working well, you may see some of George's work in the Marketplace for sale.

"Thankyou" for being such a great group to work with, it's been a pleasure. :wave:

Keep your eyes open, George is just about finished "His" knife from this project. (It's different) ;) We'll have to ask Chris to post it for us :)

Cheers, Carol
905-670-0200