Flashlight Selfies - around the world :)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went on another fishing trip today. My cooyou quantum was hiking along, so here is another dump of cooyou selfies :)

After 2,5 hours of non stop walking, pain and sweat, bummer... It's still ice on my favorite fishing spot. It,s the one to the right totally covered in ice.. the water to the left is also a nice water to fish in, and it got some areas that have melted. Had to go jump in and try, atleast we get to cool down..
DSC_0448_zpskajztkdw.jpg

My favorite water, well maby it's open sometime in the next month..
DSC_0469_zpslqwbqomp.jpg

Cooyou in action. Standing in ice cold water in thin wading pants is good when you have walked uphill and is sweatty, but in the long run it cant be good for the ehmm "private parts" :), so we desided to go down to check a water thats not so elevated.
DSC_0452_zpsvgrxqeyp.jpg

Almost there, we can see it under the base of that mountian. Seems to have no ice :)
DSC_0486_zpsjj5sv9uz.jpg

Getting closer, the river is bigger than normal from all the melting snow.
DSC_0501_zps1v7igzbo.jpg

Finally, no ice :) There was two swans swimming around here, prob got a nest nearby. The tacticool looks of the cooyou might have scared them off. The little white dot on the water is a scared swan. It didn't want to come near the mighty cooyou.
DSC_0508_zpsoyyjbv0c.jpg

Chrouching tiger, hidden cooyou.
DSC_0514_zpsigq4smtq.jpg

Third and last stop before we went down to the car. I usually don't fish here. But since i didn't catch anything in the two first waters, i had to try... cooyou ment the water looked way to calm to catch a fish with a lure. Cooyou was right.. No fish today, but a nice trip.
DSC_0523_zpszzoikg0c.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
Went on another fishing trip today. My cooyou quantum was hiking along, so here is another dump of cooyou selfies :)

Cooyou in action. Standing in ice cold water in thin wading pants is good when you have walked uphill and is sweatty, but in the long run it cant be good for the ehmm "private parts" :), so we desided to go down to check a water thats not so elevated.
DSC_0452_zpsvgrxqeyp.jpg

DSC_0523_zpszzoikg0c.jpg

Hmmm, and you have no clue why you aren't catching any fish?

Unless there are flashaholic fish in your part of the woods, you might consider changing your bait. :laughing:

jorn this pictures are beautiful. I hope that you are enjoying taking them as much as I am enjoying seeing them.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fish are flashaholics. The light attracts fish. I love using gitd lures in late august-september when its starting to get dark at night. really effective :) Even killed a old aaa light because i used it to fish with. Used a green filter that i had taped on that thing. First you tie up the light to the line, then take a one meter line and tie it to the light with a hoock with some wurms on. Cast out, and wait for it to it sink to the bottom, then you drag it in some meters. Then the light will attract fish, and point in the right direction to light up the yummy ball of wums. It works, but the light wont last long if you suddenly hit a really deep spot as i did... Now i have some cheap led stuff purpose build for the task. lights turn on when submerged in water :)

Here is some flasaholic fish. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjBRKnfNpYA

[/URL]Edit: got some blisters from all the walking in some new shoes, so dident go totally emty handed down from there. :)

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Fish are flashaholics. The light attracts fish. I love using gitd lures in late august-september when its starting to get dark at night. really effective :) Even killed a old aaa light because i used it to fish with. Used a green filter that i had taped on that thing. First you tie up the light to the line, then take a one meter line and tie it to the light with a hoock with some wurms on. Cast out, and wait for it to it sink to the bottom, then you drag it in some meters. Then the light will attract fish, and point in the right direction to light up the yummy ball of wums. It works, but the light wont last long if you suddenly hit a really deep spot as i did... Now i have some cheap led stuff purpose build for the task. lights turn on when submerged in water :)

Here is some flasaholic fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjBRKnfNpYA
Edit: got some blisters from all the walking in some new shoes, so dident go totally emty handed down from there. :)
That's amazing!
Well, I learned something today.... that is always a good thing. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jorn! :)

jescereal

Newly Enlightened
Here's a selfie of my MH27 at Pedernales Falls, Texas! I wasn't planning on being there for the night, but I carried the light around anyway. :)

88NUXfj.jpg

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a selfie of my MH27 at Pedernales Falls, Texas! I wasn't planning on being there for the night, but I carried the light around anyway. :)

Very few of us on this forum would do different. EDC torches in broad daylight is the norm.

Besides, you might fall asleep and when you awaken, the Sun will have moved on.

Nice light - looks very much like my SRT 7.

Eidolon

Newly Enlightened
I have had days where I did not carry a light because I intended to be back before night. Plans changed, and I regretted that decision. Most definitely EDC in daytime!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely. I've also had plenty of times when I regretted not bringing a more powerful light with me so I often carry a monster in my backpack despite the extra weight.

Poppy

Flashaholic
jescereal, and Hoodzy,
Thanks for joining in the fun. :thumbsup:

Today is Memorial Day, a US National holiday, when we honor our war dead.
Parades, fireworks, bar-B-ques, are the order of the day.

Last week, I came across this American Legion post, and my 2AA indestructible jumped out of the car, and took a couple of selfies. LOL... he thinks he blends.

m4lLdZToSGhFxm48mXjKjRNAZp2wInxrUOYEXgplQ5kx8y-IIftoKSDnTIyHIOow4ddmWV4cnIU5fs5l-ShDCWWBzv7LVPCnB5ps4YQYLUiNGo0WcYRnl9EBvplnerezqqgDziLB6yAO0-Y3t6tjL7wVN-KkSdvU-RryGNh_qzGbTh2NKMgaphcH5CUEtkCVYpQYJs9H-Q4W_3Tb6nRcYXlZfX0Ul5ARs9fErLBg7oW65wR_CImdyKwRS9xh4TrOuIf6vLXHOgc3bUmKqlub6Fs5Csxf14Yq-50wnyVXu7wpvpw-xToUh-s1yJ9J-5ju3Z6j69iVkjZDcvCT80fap0g8qIEZGceihSgsi5rTyHrm5oR8iZJexs5tT-9a6oigUoQgKbC1rue_BwF3OUCnqKXmM8rgO9MD4OA3RhkvJsNmxAFYmij231zFoQgROMR1lUBrItN86ujphkWkSyh3-UL3fNaSIevAXwo4K5eS4SmcN8ULp1MeawP4XTczqy-w550WainSOvfwe-ZiGNPAI6kCI3YjL7biHpNW1rL37vPA_WcffDrShjUONXVJl2N25LsB6lHcXUBCYXbdfNjLdIlBWkNBZdo=w1034-h775-no

NpBkon_2VWFKfjlgocGrQOsh--Z6T3UYEHaO1P4EBY03xddGUzKK4GVa42ddlobOMun6j14lFWflsmZBMKoJeWucSQmJbGmQxQ7WueZjyF94R4zz4Ak0Pl1lg3m0iQAbYs0qOaJz73nkWgy4iHzVC-NzkWLSfG43Vx7exZuvluRtHrtkYG_eaPGwYV5H3Pu1YpfhFHNe_WxNcBVp4eFhHsMjvSHyTcLVaInePtHGaw2xH7BQHt2olxhDCcXi6RaPiHSmeD1hxUpA6do_JXL86KfKRQ-tA_rwNxtJEH_vCSpHoED7uEUGMIvN64KgqsgYa1ZchvABO2XPv1cjdC6H3qLmxTj4DmbHe5g0fIWAwsXMM4WpggKWK4eZ0FGhKTKrytk9vmdkP3KvMFopnsqo7fP4H30WkmE0HD6YG_VokD2rVt1km2rrv2Avo_MvVgF8ugVOuu4GW9UigM3PYOC_smV78Sc4uHJYY-lw4BZv1SkP2aAlm6B22Ac1nyUActPqIJkEWbc5-l2I0NUq8qfMZQG2fmAnPRnFOGC_yygZ8tE7ExpxEeLmInUZb-d_24IdXwSIqbjJXzSo_AKL2qTJ9QLcLO_2aqs=w1034-h775-no

In the background is a 1970 Cobra Gunship that served in Viet Nam.
I spoke to the Post Commander, who told me that they got it as a lawn ornament from a division of the Army for $1,000 and it cost them another $1,000 to truck it to this location.
The guns are welded, so they will never be functional again.

Here is a better image
of the chopper. I should have done a better job, but thought that I would be back.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yey, another short fishing trip. It's a miracle. Its been sunny tree days in a row now, so have to take advantage of the nice weather. :)
DSC_0463_zpsxil3qufo.jpg

Unless there are flashaholic fish in your part of the woods, you might consider changing your bait. :laughing:
the fish says omnomnomnom :)
DSC_0460_zpsocc9fuma.jpg

The good thing about a tiny light, is that if you put it next to a tiny fish, the fish looks bigger :) If anyone asks, the cooyou uses a d-cell :) We got 4 small trouts.

tex.proud

Enlightened

The good thing about a tiny light, is that if you put it next to a tiny fish, the fish looks bigger :) If anyone asks, the cooyou uses a d-cell :) We got 4 small trouts.

Now that's funny! :laughing:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yey, another short fishing trip. It's a miracle. Its been sunny tree days in a row now, so have to take advantage of the nice weather. :)
DSC_0463_zpsxil3qufo.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsocc9fuma.jpg

LOL. Great post.

You're secrets safe with this flashaholic.

Trout fishing in my state: You walk 4 miles over rough 45° terrain dodging briars, putting up with skeeters n ticks, possible bears and bobcats, rattle snakes and other perils to catch 3-1/2" fish you're supposed to throw back.
WORTH EVERY SECOND!!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same where i come from. Fishing trout might look like peace and harmony, but it's usually endless pain gettig to the good spots. But we dont have mutch dangerous stuff that might eat you. Only a huge amount of insects that will eat you :) The landscape and weather is the stuff i have to watch out for. No catch and release, i eat the stuff i catch. There are so many small waters and lakes around here that have trout that i cant visit them all in a lifetime :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Cute stories men, and I love that winelight at an apple fest! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I once went deer hunting with my younger brother.
We hiked so deep into the woods, that I told him that I was afraid that we might actually bag a deer! I'd hate to have to drag it so far back out. :(

--------------------------------------------------

It seems that in 1976, the district by the Paterson falls was earmarked as a National Historic site.
I don't know where the bell came from, or what it symbolizes, but it was made or commemorated in 1871.

So if you look closely, you might see my little BLF 348 stainless. When I dinged the bell with it, it sounded like a little tiny ... bing. With that, a little girl came over to me and said. You can push the bell.

LHDkzfzr-Rwb0pbzpYigz5IKUS_GwYgnYfko6gctj-MeDITkcPqAvb6UVllewUtb30bRWL6BYepCETnjB7oIbpnD0MThZe-Yyw74vfzGTwavJVS5IK-PeiSxCJUWcDs8IphEgD3cW4vAfXwrIALAReRsx5WTS9hlJEvEY_UraegzaI7owRhYAAX8LAOf8z_KW48HIYDouyy-_rc6OQBdu11A6tqTsnbedANQJbsRIUfbWMoN41KWc2sB-pK2-d2IxhN-aaP6qwb50BkQceJjloB5gnJ7YP0uVkp2kf3zdIJQ7cxRaUfKC2g3K6fcpd3fi9mHqKcS0y4D_3RualOoL8ir2bD2zDeVmA4gR-nyoyGMjKpgOiXwbStCFtqtPkgZxoNMVfCHZkQHon7Ly67jEsr3kXrJ74YtoIqwhM5zoFrijGxcsOAKvdX3HCleicGHWfpV2tf9Se55NKrNf1-05wQm5LVNrtPxSzrmv4mA3ACAn2XpN1wVHu0kMAxU-tTvbuvkdGDqptpTCV6p_DS3GVCH6aVLwq1zrkg2IIah4OuYxGw6UYNiUhZNMkJBIL0as5VyWBDvgpigbr6wNGD5PcIYIKsVO0Q=w582-h775-no

So of course... I had to give it a try. :)
Yeah... I gave it a push.

ClRoIeQYlEotcCmVnpCZP0JcYdbzzIuHWVPCN4RVMYPtaJyc35dBQddaVvrnKtiD8y-fxD08dWGnKlb7jE9Fj-UXKdB5fucJ3dZ902Gx2yVjz_1T-qC1_kv_TDSca5JjbZBXt1P92u8TQgmj9JBVdxbGwxMLR_HiUI7xyfVZ_F65yilQ34ExxaVOEntJx5AFqMpLZs45pFOdPJNjO1ZfZgT-fbrrpS91Jf3hLT_mVY4Ty6H6-w0N6_vtWFCFQrt7Bo75-lB1fFF7frUqgiuLpGNI7vSV6vIFFwqrvt8bYEmLGutdMc7B7x9qboHzEDMFR-gxVnOVCUNVW1MAcOV8kFZKhx4GDRWQPaUajr46vDhYPiGuqD-zq00bJ_P9gIEsMe4AUtlOBJkuzUaksmaBgAOIfKJIFegN2ZHQaugjqsY-D3YsIU4WDn6FLsU4wWK1y98NvMzJ81iYcHKeI3FAWRlzkScvfqXqVfHOwGLm-VeCrr3a9NlHUQhdCitzKp7iqT_asU6TFKSo0Mkfoq-NmeaFMFHewvNTBLh2gT4ByzcBcgR0kLC4KzKVRE5FldTMEhnlbVTCCTijJG15ETL_Ph6Gc98JlV0=w582-h775-no

Not only was I Surprised at how loud that CLANG-BANG was, but so was everyone else in the park! All heads turned and looked at me!

Oops! :rolleyes:

I just smiled, picked up my light, and walked to my car.
Hehehehe... that was fun! :)