Flashlight Selfies - around the world :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Our flashlights have personalities, don't they?
Let's give them a place where they can post their "Selfies" :)

Here's one my Convoy S2+ took at New York City's Times Square, where they drop the ball on New Year's Eve.
It's sporting a short 18350 short body, today 👍

5QKDnuL7ZWGuVpfdLEzp_9pJFRV5poey3FCAm=w436-h775-no.jpg
id love to go to nyc and that deli with the big corned beef sandmich

rrego

Enlightened
50th floor of the Elara Hotel looking south toward toward Las Vegas airport.

View attachment 51756
EagleTac D3A with a protruding clicky boot? is it just a straightforward loosening of the tail? Is it very snug or no?

My D3A has a bit of a delay from click to turn on. Wonder if loosening it and tightening would help it. Sometimes I have to lightly tap it for it to turn on. Has done it since I got it.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac D3A with a protruding clicky boot? is it just a straightforward loosening of the tail? Is it very snug or no?

My D3A has a bit of a delay from click to turn on. Wonder if loosening it and tightening would help it. Sometimes I have to lightly tap it for it to turn on. Has done it since I got it.
I had to search my parts bin for a long enough boot that would fit properly. Removing & reinstalling the tail cap is not for the faint of heart. Titanium with very tight and extremely small threads is a challenge. If you try it, use lots of lube to prevent cross-threading.

rrego

Enlightened
View attachment 57352
Same jacket, same parking lot, other pocket.
Those Pelican lights are cool.

This is the M1 right? Incan or LED?

I have two of the M6, one black, one silver with beam adjustment. Also have the M3 9V, but the twist tail caps are super finicky and kind of a pain to get just right, otherwise I'd use them more often.

They are all incan.

Even got to score the polymer version, PM6.

Never could land the M1 incan. Maybe one day I'll come across one on the bay.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Those Pelican lights are cool.

This is the M1 right? Incan or LED?

I have two of the M6, one black, one silver with beam adjustment. Also have the M3 9V, but the twist tail caps are super finicky and kind of a pain to get just right, otherwise I'd use them more often.

They are all incan.

Even got to score the polymer version, PM6.

Never could land the M1 incan. Maybe one day I'll come across one on the bay.
That particular light is a 1AA LED model. First generation. It's a 100 lumen thrower. I like the pencil beam it has.

The second generation is 175 lumens and can be programmed to start on low then high and no strobe. Plus the beam is more useful to most as it spreads light out better.

I was not aware they even made a polymer version. 😎. Nor an M1. I'll have to read up on those.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday I took my grandson to NYC to audition for NYU's dance college. We had to be there first thing in the morning until noon. Actually the process took until 1:00. So I had about 5 hours to kill in the city. I parked the car at a garage that my daughter arranged on an app on my phone, then I went for breakfast. Bacon Eggs and cheese on a hard roll please.

Hmmm, what's nearby? Oh.. a Ukrainian Museum... oops it doesn't open until noon. A brewery... ah, not until noon. The World Trade Center memorial, too far. OIC... a Planet Fitness Gym, a fifteen minute walk.

1707566195447.png

An hour later I was ready to walk back, and looked like a tourist looking at the tall buildings and checking out the different architectures. My EDC was on my keyring and left with my car, so no selfies, but it was with me in spirit.

Here is an entrance to the underground subway at Union Square. A gentleman challenged me to a game of Chess. I didn't accept, I explained that I hadn't played a game of chess in so many years, that he'd wipe the board with me in a matter of minutes.
1707566667703.png

Oh look! A monument of George Washington!

1707566778816.png

1707566831710.png

I decided to take a walk to Washington Square Park and take a picture. It was a few blocks away. After walking more than a few blocks, I realized I was walking in the wrong direction!

1707567400467.png

Where else, other than NYC, is property so expensive that they'll put cars on elevators and move them around like a rubik's cube to park them?

1707567543482.png

I needed to use the rest-room, so I spent $6.00 and change on a Pistachio Latte at a Starbucks and sat there for an hour listening to music on my airpods and reading the news, and watching people walk by. I then moved outside to sit in a concrete park, on a boulder in the sun to catch some sun rays. It was a beautiful day after all.