Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A few handheld shots from The Thing (1982). What is striking is the brightness of their incandescents, and the good
color rendition from using them. Classic Mag's?

v324d4.jpg

Yeah, the bezel profile in that pic is all wrong for a M@glite. Too slab-sided in profile.

Lupercal

Newly Enlightened
First of all, excuse me, because basically I'm trying to see if my password - which I just found, recorded 10 years ago, still works.

To be vaguely relevant, in case this works, I just watched an old ep of 'Supernatural' : 'Nightshifters' from season 2, and was trying to decide what FLs they were using in that bank.

If this works, welcome back to me.

Loop

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - C.S.I. Miami

Episode - "Free Fall."

In this episode, two "urban explorers" break into an old classic hotel that is scheduled to soon be demolished. Despite being in the middle of the day with sunshine pouring inside, they each have a Maxabeam in their hands. While debating whether or not to steal the gold leaf off of the pillars, one of them crashes through the floor and lands in a bathtub full of two bodies that were each shot in the head. Well . . . turns out one of the dead men in the tub isn't so dead.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Bones

Episode - "The Proof in the Pudding."

Locked down by somewhat incompetent Secret Service agents, the team realizes that they were given the skeletal remains of what might be JFK; as part of possibly a new investigation. Later on, Booth and Sweets travel to the Smithsonian's Archives to retrieve the rifle that Oswald used during the assassination. Looking through the darkened basement, Sweets appears to be using a single-AA light with a blue-tinted beam. Booth has a more appropriate light for the task and uses a Streamlight UltraStinger.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Murder, She Wrote ...

Episode - "Smooth Operators."

After getting caught pretending to be a rich socialite in need of medical care at a hospital running the classic insurance scam, Jessica convinces the three main doctors that she's using the death of their accountant as research for a new book. Gaining access to the hospital, she sneaks into their records room to learn more about what goes on at the hospital. She uses an old, rectangular, disposable, inca., 2AA Duracell flashlight (complete with black body and copper-colored bezel) to look around the darkened room. Right before she gets caught.

wsaenot

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone !

I know it's already been asked, but as it's not been responded permit me to ask again with a few more pictures. The movie is Silent Hill Revelation, and no one seems to know the brand of the flashlight used in it. No mention in the credits, I checked :)

1368343041-flashlight-8.png

1368343038-flashlight-7.png

1368343038-flashlight-6.png

After many researches I found this to be close to the Garrity Tuff Lite, but it doesn't seem to be the exact model, as the one used in the movie seems to be totally covered in soft rubber, while the Tuff Lite isn't and shows metal parts above the head of the torch. There are also small differences in the tail of the flashlight. Doesn't seem to be an Olight SR51 as well.

Anyone has a guess on this one ?

Thanks !

[EDIT] Edited the size of the images, sorry for that [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
wsaenot your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The first pic looks like a streamlight sl-20

Head looks too wide to be a Streamlight SL-20. Plus, it has outward grooves on the bezel. Not an SL-20.

It looks as though the entire body and bezel is rubberized. From the square checkering on the barrel and the lanyard-pull, it might be a cheap, generic, 2D, floating flashlight that was converted to put out more light just for the film. (Wouldn't be the first time that's been done. There's also the possibility that it really is a SureFire M6, with a rubber sleeve over the barrel and another one over to bezel. This would be done if the film's producers didn't obtain permission from SureFire to display a stock M6 in the film. (Also wouldn't be the first time that's been done either. And specifically with an M6.)

wsaenot

Newly Enlightened
Dang it, lady! that wrist lanyard's there for a reason!

Hell yeah ! Besides, she'll find out later in the movie :)

The size would indeed match the SF M6, but I'm not sure this is it. In the movie, the actress seems to twist the end of tail of the flashlight to put it on, while the SF M6 has an on/off button on the tail end.

I would go for a "no-name" heavy duty flashlight either.

Last edited:

wsaenot

Newly Enlightened
Didn't know that, thanks for the information. So it might well be a rubber covered SF M6. Pretty nice rubber cover actually.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Didn't know that, thanks for the information. So it might well be a rubber covered SF M6. Pretty nice rubber cover actually.

If it is a disguised M6 and you DO hear a click when the tailcap is pushed, it means the click sound was added in post-production. Along with the part where the tailcap was rotated for constant-on, being edited out of the scene.

wsaenot

Newly Enlightened
I do remember seeing the character twist the tailcap for constant on. Don't know if there was a click or not, but I'm not even sure the momentary button is pressed at any time. The flashlight is turned on at one point and stays that way for the whole movie. But we clearly see a twist to put it on.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The more I look at the pics, the more it does look like a disguised SF M6.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone identify this light from Workaholics Season 3, Episode 12 where they thing Doctor Telamericorp has risen from the dead?

You can't see the whole light but you can see that it has a tailcap switch, heatsink on the head (which is fairly robust) and looks like it takes maybe "C" batteries?

Anders is using the same light which is shining on Adam in the picture and it appears to be a very warm tint.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
It's probably a Surefire M4, using CR123's. Anodize color even looks right for that flashlight, also the fins.

Bill

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Can anyone identify this light from Workaholics Season 3, Episode 12 where they thing Doctor Telamericorp has risen from the dead?

You can't see the whole light but you can see that it has a tailcap switch, heatsink on the head (which is fairly robust) and looks like it takes maybe "C" batteries?

Anders is using the same light which is shining on Adam in the picture and it appears to be a very warm tint.

Bill beat me to it. Not just the fins, but the slightly domed area above them along with the overall look of the light. It's a SureFire M4. I've got a custom Leef-bodied one, and it is fantastic!