Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might not have been the Bosch series. It could have been Tom Selleck in the Jesse Stone series. I forget where I grabbed the screenshot from. Both are enjoyable series and both characters used .45s and carried flashlights.

Edit: I am referring to my above post #1,418. For some reason I can't reply to or quote that post.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Future Shock (1994)

*Note: Not to be confused with the 1972 documentary film of the same name.

Three patients are forced to confront their fears. All thanks to a psychiatrist whom they go to for help, who happens to be played by the adult bad-guy from the film "The Karate Kid." (No, not joking.)

In one scene, one of the characters puts together a small group of items they feel they'll need. Said items consist of a large chef's knife, a shotgun, box of ammo, a cordless phone, some sort of neon-blue wrist band that looks as though it's attached to something, and finally an incandescent Maglite MagCharger flashlight.

I remember seeing Jesse Stone using a 6P but I don't recall him using a semi-auto, but I could be wrong there.
I recollect that in at least one of the few and far between episodes Jesse carried his 6P in a double-slot light/magazine holster with the 6P toward the rear and a 1911 magazine to the front. He used the 1911 pistol most of the time except (spoiler alert) in the episode when he was shot in the arm and used a snubby revolver due to its ambidextrous nature.

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
We watched Ambulance (2022) recently and noted blue 3D Maglites mounded behind the passenger seat (y)

Temp.jpg

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I started watching The Killing. It's a police drama about a homicide. The cops are using incan handheld lights with what appeared to be turbo heads but not surefire or streamlight.

SirRon

Newly Enlightened
+

In the Watchmen series, one of the most important scenes is about a flashlight,, they give a good look at this multi-emitter beast.
Searched this morning & found it (99% sure)

It was the Fenix LR80R monster

View attachment 48344

edit,, spelling
+

In the Watchmen series, one of the most important scenes is about a flashlight,, they give a good look at this multi-emitter beast.
Searched this morning & found it (99% sure)

It was the Fenix LR80R monster

View attachment 48344

edit,, spelling
The flashlight in the Watchman series with Lou Gossett holding in this picture is the FENIX RC40, not the NEWER Fenix LR80R

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Anyone watching True Detective? There is a new season out called Night Country. It is pretty good and I do love a good mystery show. So far the first episode someone uses a Fenix LR40R, which gave so many lumens with the snow falling it just made the scene creepy. I know the gal who plays an Alaska Trooper has a Stinger LED on the back of her belt (terrible place to keep something though, but hey hollywood). I couldn't ID the next lights when they were searching a trailer though, it makes me think they are using Fenix products in the show, but who knows. This is the light I cannot ID, honestly thats the best image I could get and I rewatched the episode, there is not much better.

1705907109980.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Anyone watching True Detective? There is a new season out called Night Country. It is pretty good and I do love a good mystery show. So far the first episode someone uses a Fenix LR40R, which gave so many lumens with the snow falling it just made the scene creepy. I know the gal who plays an Alaska Trooper has a Stinger LED on the back of her belt (terrible place to keep something though, but hey hollywood). I couldn't ID the next lights when they were searching a trailer though, it makes me think they are using Fenix products in the show, but who knows. This is the light I cannot ID, honestly thats the best image I could get and I rewatched the episode, there is not much better.

View attachment 56416
I don't like horrors but I do agree it's a good show. Love me Jodie foster

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Ok I think I have figured out what light it is. It appears it might be a Fenix brand FD40. Thats the closest thing I can find.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Well everything is made in China ever since the West decided to make a living off of pushing numbers around on an Excel spreadsheet and play around with Monopoly money. (And look at how THAT has been turning out.) For "neo-Marxists" they sure seem to be doing well for themselves.