Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
New (Season 8) TV show American Pickers 2016. Mike Wolf is holding what it looks like a Fenix LD22?
NradRD.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For some odd reason, the guys on "American Pickers" never seem to use the same lights in different episodes.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That pic above looks like they upgraded. They had some Minimags way back in some of the first shows. Then I recall seeing some sort of weak Angry blue beam coming from what looked like a single cell light once when they were crawling around a dusty barn. The poor beam looked like it went about 10 feet! lol Could be the cameras though?
I always wonder why they don't carry headlamps? As much as they use their hands? Of course, it is TV. So who knows what is real or staged.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Episode - "End of Days"

A massive explosion at the start of this episode leaves Faith knocked out, and at least one dead Potential. But the rest of the girls are either wounded or in danger from at least one vampire left behind to deal with the survivors. There's a handful of full-sized flashlights shown right after the explosion. The most identifiable one is a black 3D Maglite that one Potential picks up off the ground before starting to search for survivors.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
AMC: Better Call Sal, Season 2, Episode 1:
Cops responding to a burglary call check for something suspicious behind a false floor kick board located behind a sofa, using what looks to be a Incandescent Surefire M4.

ericjohn

Enlightened
So back in the 1990s or early 2000s I was watching a documentary on a tornado that hit somewhere on the plains (I find they are getting much more common in the South and Midwest over the past few years than decades ago.)

Anyway, night had fallen and there were either volunteers or first responders checking through the demolished homes for survivors.

One of them had an Eveready 5109 Utility Lantern (the incandescent version, of course.) Man could that thing throw! I had one when I was about 11 and it too could throw.

The LED versions leave something to be desired, both the older 3 LED and the current single LED models.

There is a mod on Youtube about adding a resistor to drastically increase the battery life, but it's only possible on the 3 LED model.

I really miss the incandescent one. Even with a crappy PR13 bulb and a Carbon Zinc battery it was awesome!

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
I think what's bothering me of late In movies and TV Is that people start waving around this tiny hot spot light with almost 0 spill like their carrying an Ican pen light from the 80s I mean come on I aim my 226lm Mini-Mag at the ceiling and It light's up the whole room...Yeah I know they don't want to blind the cameraman and the director but, It's still Irritating to see.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a typo - Fenix T1 did not exist in 1996.

Not a typo - I said that she was using it in 1996 - programme story time - they do quite a bit of time travel in this show.

Incidentally - even her Action figure had the torch as well - must be the only T1 that's ever been honoured with a toy facsimile!

gunga

Flashaholic
Did anyone see the "Last Man on Earth" from Dec 14th? Gail, was doing an operation on another character and was using a Surefire Minimus headlamp.

After that episode I needed to get one. Now the Minimus vision is my go to headlamp.

:)

gail-last-man-on-earth-fall-finale.jpg

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone see the "Last Man on Earth" from Dec 14th? Gail, was doing an operation on another character and was using a Surefire Minimus headlamp.

After that episode I needed to get one. Now the Minimus vision is my go to headlamp.

:)

Great choice :thumbsup:

rishabharies

Newly Enlightened
So, i have been watching the original x files on Netflix and although i can make out the usual mag lights and mini mags, i can't seem to find out those huge spotlights they carry sometimes that emits a very bright, bluish white focused beam. The reflector and the body seems to be connected using a pivot, as there is some gap between the 2. Any idea what those are and whether they are hid, or just super bright incandescent? I'll try to post a picture but please don't hold your breath, it's hard for me to do that on my tablet.