Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Does anyone here remember an old Sci Fi series called 'SPACE:1999'? Produced by Gerry Anderson in the mid seventies and starring Martin Landau and Barbara Bain? Here's the sort of thing...

With all the futuristic paraphernalia in each scene it is easy to miss a prop for what it is, but even as a kid I recognized this for what it was.

26262672764_2cd8ef1652_c.jpg

26774476652_0261c16df8_z.jpg

It is used as their version of a hypo, for all futuristic injections are made with light, it would seem.

But this is not one of the props that a designer laboured long and hard over - in fact you could buy them in any medical suppliers (in those days)

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you The Twinlite (manufactured by Eschmann in England)

26800444371_c0df1483e8_c.jpg

Here it is next to my EDC for comparison (ARMYTEK PRIME C1 PRO-BTW)

26263863773_ee2d76a03e_c.jpg

It is made of brass and chromed to within an inch of it's life - a very attractive little light. Gotta love those old lensed PR bulbs. Feeding it lithium primary AA cells at the moment - Dr. Russell would have approved!

BTW - the perspex tip is one of two you get with it - this pointy one is known as the Auro-Nasal Illuminator (Which reminds me, I must get around to disinfecting mine!)
Great Pictures!

I know that I knew of the show, but don't recall watching it. It certainly would have been in my genre. By then I had seen each of the Star Trek TOS episodes maybe 50 times.

So I had to youtube it.

OMG! It was terrible!

cp2315

Enlightened
I watched the descend and silent hill 1 and 2 for flashlight scenes. Descend is disappointing with all bright color Maglights.
Silent hill 1 features a very old looking vintage incan light in silver I cannot identify. There is also the famous M6. I loved the beam from that.
In Silent hill 2, Sharon found a nice light in asylum. I would say it was also an M6 but under disguise?
Here is the light in Silent Hill 2. Let me know what you think.
26579613853_9a0157bab4_b.jpg

26578359654_c6bb04022a_b.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It looks like an M6 and a G2 got together one drunken night. 9 months later....

Not the first time an SF M6 has been disguised to look like a more generic light. Actually, it's a fairly common practice. Film makers don't want to give away free advertising. Also, sometimes the company associated with the product, doesn't want it featured in certain types of movies. Hence, all the M6 disguises.

ericjohn

Enlightened
There were several flashlights used in Dirty Great Machines Episode Monsters of Mining. I was able to identify at least two of them. I had set my DVR to record Alaska Mega Machines, but for whatever reason it recorded this instead. I'm am NOT complaining because this show was very informative and entertaining.

The first one was a Koehler LI-5300 which was being used at the Kidd mine on Ontario Canada.

There were also several D sized Maglites, but I couldn't tell for sure if they were the incandescent or LED models. The color tint said incandescent, but the balanced optics screamed LED. These as well were also being used at the Kidd Mine.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I was watching the 1994 movie Shawshane Redemption and noticed the flashlight Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is holding while escaping from Shawshane prison in 1966 but the flashlight looks like one of those modern bright LED we use these days and not from the '60s.
RTjOis.jpg

Esperologist

Newly Enlightened
@Poppy (Pg 38, Post #1121)
Yeah, it is a TK45... I should know, my workplace sold it to them... actually, we sold them a few.
I actually checked to see if this was mentioned when I saw this thread... if it wasn't, I was going to comment about it.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Shawshank Redemption was released in 1994. Well before the TK45.

Bill

Whoop's. My error. Did not see reference to post 1121. Bill

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
@Poppy (Pg 38, Post #1121)
Yeah, it is a TK45... I should know, my workplace sold it to them... actually, we sold them a few.
I actually checked to see if this was mentioned when I saw this thread... if it wasn't, I was going to comment about it.
Thanks Esperologist for your verification.

I'm waiting for "The 100" to start back up again.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finshed watching Independence Day Resurgence at the midnight showing. I think they use Maglites and one Maxabeam.

BrotherHorse

Newly Enlightened
Flashlights have gone so far in the past couple of years that I'd like to see a movie where the sheer BRIGHTNESS of a pocket sized tac light
is used to blind the Bejesus out of someone and then just kick them over while they are screaming in pain and the temporary loss of eyesight.
Total darkness. . . . . . just black and gray and sparkles. . . . and stars. . . and spots. . . . while they get beaten from all sides.
In defense, of course, or taking down the bad guy.
In total darkness. . . and with spots. . . stars. . . . sparkles. . . . . people are totally disoriented and can't stand when their balance is off.

Like to see that in a movie.

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
Frank Castle AKA.The punisher on Daredevil season 2 episode 13.
Uses Lumitact G700 'scamlight' :devil:

03_07_2016-20_34_03_1.jpg

03_07_2016-20_52_31.jpg

You can see above the typical uniform light from a zoom lens, and the infamous blue tint :sssh:

And these picture below is the dead giveaway
03_07_2016-20_42_13_1.jpg

g700-flashlight_1.jpg

See those silly zoom marking numbers? :devil:

Congratulations Lumitact, you're on TV :duh2:

ven

Flashaholic
:ohgeez: very well spotted, glad i dont watch the show because if i did.................it would have been the last one i watched :laughing:..........

jayrob84

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)191

love this type of scene , made me want a maglite
DUFE-PK-06_(DF-03780).jpg

Lightups

Newly Enlightened
I just finshed watching Independence Day Resurgence at the midnight showing. I think they use Maglites and one Maxabeam.

I find it interesting the aliens would have lights on their weapons...

SPOILERS..

When the heroes got shot down inside the harvester ship, and were hiding from the aliens, the aliens patrolling with weapons with lights on them.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Frank Castle AKA.The punisher on Daredevil season 2 episode 13.
Uses Lumitact G700 'scamlight' :devil:

03_07_2016-20_34_03_1.jpg

03_07_2016-20_52_31.jpg

You can see above the typical uniform light from a zoom lens, and the infamous blue tint :sssh:

And these picture below is the dead giveaway
03_07_2016-20_42_13_1.jpg

g700-flashlight_1.jpg

See those silly zoom marking numbers? :devil:

Congratulations Lumitact, you're on TV :duh2:

OMG! That one should be banned!!

banned_flashlight.jpg