• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Flieger Mk. I Torch

der

Newly Enlightened
My bead blasted titanium Flieger Mk.I proto turned up today. Fantastic looking piece of gear. Isn't dark here yet so haven't had chance to put it through it's paces yet but feel free to ask any questions you may have. I bought this light direct from Enrique after emailing him about signing up for a production model but otherwise no link for full disclosure.
cs3muua1fdrx.jpg

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
The above is one of the prototype Fliegers that were sold on Instagram a few weeks ago - der got the last one, and I don't have any others available for sale presently. Some of the other people testing the light will likely pop in here with their thoughts in the coming weeks. :)

Enrique

smrt123

Newly Enlightened
Love the looks of this Enrique! Debating a bead blasted version to go with my Aeon. Can you tell us any information on the bin/cri of the emitter?

scout24

Flashaholic
I've had the opportunity to put one of these through it's paces for the last few days, it'll be going back to Enrique next Monday. He was kind enough to loan it to me to handle before kicking off the Aeon Mk III and Maus Mk I passaround. (See thread in Group Buy and Passarounds if you're interested!) Early impressions- The tint is nicely on the warm side of neutral, the output is comparable with other smaller 18650 sized lights, and beam quality is exactly what you'd expect. The multi-fuel aspect is great to see. Versatility is always good. I'm not an engineer, but the monocoque design seems to move the heat right along down the tube in use. It tailstands nicely, and the tailcap won't likely come loose on it's own. Nice design. The switch has a quality feel to it, and the Ti button travels smoothly, something not always easy to accomplish. Definitely a departure for Muyshondt, or maybe a new direction? Either way, nicely done.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post a short reminder that the current pre-order pricing will be rising in a week, on November 1st, so this is the best time to pick up a Flieger if you've been saving up.

Production is rolling along nicely on the lights, and I'll have some photos and updates in the coming weeks.

All the best,

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick note: Pre-order pricing on the Flieger goes up tomorrow at noon CST - if you've been saving up, today's the day! https://shop.muyshondt.net/collections/flieger-mk-i

Pricing will rise to $500 for Aluminum Bronze, and $545 in Titanium through November, and go to full retail of $545 and $595 starting December 1st.

The packaging design for the Flieger has been completed and prototyped. The Opus materials have been custom forged and sent to the shop. The certificates have been designed and will be entering printing soon, and I expect machining will begin here shortly. I'll post more updates and photos as everything comes together, and as usual, I'd recommend keeping tabs on instagram at www.instagram.com/muyshondtent whenever possible.

More soon!

Enrique

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really excited for this light. It's taken me back to my childhood years when I counted the days until Christmas.

Enrique, since I won't get my Flieger until January would you send me a present in December just to tide me over? ;-)

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
wimmer21: But wouldn't that just detract from the full experience and excitement of the Flieger? ;) Patience, señor Wimmer - the Flieger will be landing at your place soon. :D

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
IMG_7546.jpg

Its too pretty to use. Probably end up a safe queen unlike my Mako Flood that gets used every day. Really want to find a Mako II and Spinner, but keep missing them.

IMG_7556.jpg

Haven't figured out how to make these show up or thumbnail.

IMG_7578.jpg

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
wimmer21: Indeed. Five Flieger prototypes were made in green - four were sold, and aluminum was not produced this time around.

For those of you keeping up with the project, the machining has been completed on all parts and the lights are presently being engraved (which takes about 20 minutes per light!), and will be going into finishing soon, followed by assembly. I received stonewashed and brushed finishing samples the other day, and am quite pleased with how these lights are going to turn out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxYNXXgJYq/?taken-by=muyshondtent

More soon as things start to wrap up on production!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick reminder to everyone following the Flieger project that today and tomorrow are the last days to get a pre-order discount on the lights. Starting December 1st, full price will be in effect at $595 for Titanium, and $550 for Aluminum Bronze. They're available here.

Production remains on schedule presently, and we're still looking at a late December - January release. Right now the pressed certificates have gone into production, and I'm expecting those to be complete within the next few weeks. The boxes have been prototyped and turned out quite nicely, and will be also entering production shortly. The remaining electronic parts and other bits are trickling in daily at the shop, and assembly should coincide nicely with the completion of every part.

Everything is going swimmingly at present, and I'm really looking forward to getting these in your hands soon. :)

Enrique

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I am so looking forward to this light that I've decided to delay Christmas until my Flieger Mk. I arrives. Hopefully Jesus will understand.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
wimmer21: Unilateral actions are punishable by flying sleighs missing their targets. ;)

A quick update for everyone: Assembly on the Flieger has begun. Some are still undergoing final finishing, but by and large the project is starting to wrap up and remains on schedule. I'll post some photos here and on Instagram once I've got them.

Almost there!

Enrique

transultimate

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to the Flieger to land! Will you be posting pics of the different titanium finishes? Will we have the chance to select our final choice of finish?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
transultimate: Yep! I'll post photos of the different finishes once I've got them in hand and give people a day or two to decide if they want to change finishes any. :thumbsup:

Enrique