• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Flieger Mk. I Torch

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique, is the Flieger pictured here "Turned"? I assume it is but just wanting to confirm. I ordered that particular finish simply because I kind of figured it was your preference. I don't own a titanium light in a brushed or stonewashed finish so I'm really not sure which I prefer, but think I want the turned finish.

1ryrv6.jpg

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wimmer21: That is indeed the turned model. My personal preference is probably the brushed finish - I modeled it after the finish on Luke Skywalker's lightsaber (yeah, yeah, nerd alert :nana:). The most popular finish is the turned one, though, so you're in pretty good company presently (stonewashed is a close second).

Assembly is done on all lights presently - I'm just waiting on the batteries to be finished, and then everything should ship to me sometime next week, which means the lights should arrive to me the following week with shipping out to everyone soon after.

Keep an eye on Instagram - there are photos of some of the process, as well as some recent tests there that are worth keeping up with, and a bunch more photos will pop up in the next two weeks as production wraps fully. www.instagram.com/muyshondtent

Thanks to everyone who has followed the Flieger project (and all the others!) - Happy Holidays! :)

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick update: Flieger production on the lights themselves has been completed as of the last update - I'm still waiting on the 18650 cells to finish production, which I'm told should happen this week. Everything on my end here is ready - all of the papers I include with the lights are printed, cut, and signed, and the boxes, packaging materials, etc. are all ready to go as soon as the torches arrive, meaning it will be a fairly quick turn once everything's here.

I'll of course be posting pictures once everything arrives and if anyone wishes to switch from one finish to another they'll be able to before shipping.

On a different note, related to all of my work, I published a new blog post today about how I design my work here:
https://shop.muyshondt.net/blogs/muyshondt-blog/products-have-souls

sGVyNMPl.jpg

I'm looking forward to wrapping on this project and will be back in here again soon!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pleased to report that Flieger production has wrapped as of today and I expect to start shipping lights out around the end of next week. :) Thanks to all of you for your interest and support - I'll post here again when all lights have shipped!

Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick note - any shipping notices received today will ship no earlier than Tuesday. I'm doing every step in a large batch to get things out as quickly as possible (meaning build all boxes, print all labels, prepare all items for shipment in each box, add papers and certificates, package everything, etc. etc. etc.) - it'll take me a few more days to clear the lot out, but everyone's lights will have shipped before the end of the week.

I'll post again once the project wraps - thanks everyone!

Enrique

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can put mine in an old sock and send her on if it'll save on time. I mean since it's.........

I have a good punchline for that joke but I won't use it out of respect for Enrique. I'm laughing my butt off tho. :crackup:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update: Most torches have shipped today - the remaining US orders will go out tomorrow, and I expect all International orders will go out on Friday, wrapping this phase of the project up nicely. Any orders placed from Friday onwards will generally ship within the usual 1-2 business days.

The Flieger is the best torch design I've released to date, in my estimation. It's a solid balance of size, power, and performance, and I expect that it will find its place as one of your more useful tools once you receive it. I went through a lot of effort to make sure every little detail on these torches was done right, on the torch itself, as well as every facet surrounding it in the boxes, artwork, etc. It is my hope that these items are noted and appreciated when you receive the torch, and throughout your use of it.

It has been an honor to create these torches, and I look forward to seeing what adventures you take them on in the coming weeks, months, and years. Enjoy.

Enrique

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to you, Enrique!

I joke, but I'm proud to own your torches. Your vision, craftsmanship and attention to detail is evident in your work. Discerning enthusiasts are fortunate to have you.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Flieger Mk. I arrived this afternoon, though it was not until I was home from work that I was able to open the package. Speaking of the package:

2017-01-27%2017.27.50_zpskfyp22wm.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.28.59_zps0hw3rofa.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.29.17_zpsavszqs7t.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.29.27_zpsytomlgu8.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.29.54_zpscbvtmd5y.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.31.30_zpsrjnh96lf.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.31.57_zpss7bj5hat.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.32.38_zpsueq7ihxv.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.33.12_zpsy9u2zpff.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.34.03_zpsliguqmbz.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.35.28_zps50qyfdci.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.38.36_zpszgeds9et.jpg

2017-01-27%2017.40.10_zpsvpdfd6vo.jpg

My pictures were quick and dirty. Definitely not good, but everything about this light is. I love the packaging and all the details that come within it. I am at a loss of words but I can say that the Flieger is beyond amazing. I've never quite felt a light in hand the way the Flieger does. There is a nice solid weight to it. The finish I opted for is Stonewashed and it does not disappoint. And what has become a staple in Muyshondt torches carries over here with excellent tint and mode spacing. With each new introduction I always think you have outdone yourself Enrique and that holds more true with this release than ever I do believe.

For those who are on the fence, pick one of these up! You will not regret it.

Congratulations on another successful project completion Enrique. Thank you for including us in along the ride and giving us the opportunity to own and use something very unique and special.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
And one more thing I forgot to mention, the threads are the smoothest Ti threads I have ever had on a light.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
moshow9: Thanks for the kind words. :) I'm glad that the details that went into everything were appreciated. I started off, 11 years ago, sending the CR2 Ion in a small plastic bag with folded instructions inside, in flat rate boxes from the post office. Since that time I've worked to improve quality consistently in everything I've done, particularly with the torch proper, with superior fit and finish and many little details, but also with everything else that goes along with it. I designed the boxes and physical layout of everything, worked on the seal designs, chose the paper, printing process, and inks, as well as the specific pen and cartridge for signing by testing several different variants, and defined the requirements and direction for each piece of art used everywhere for the torches.

Point being is that there is a high level of detail work in everything, on the torches themselves in the electronics, mechanics, and finishing, as well as on everything surrounding them, and I like to make sure they're done correctly. There are parts inside of the lights that are polished and gold plated that will never be seen, simply because it's the right way to do things, and I know they're there and were done right. You'll note that even the inner diameters of my lights are smooth and generally free of tooling marks, because I specify high grade surface finishes there, rather than cut a corner and save on machining time. The milled engraving on the lights takes 20 minutes for each one, and looks excellent, versus using a more superficial marking (faster, and cheaper option) with a laser. The light engine, if you shine a light in the battery tube, is properly marked. Etc. etc. etc. among a much larger list of items that were carefully designed to make a better torch.

I hope that all of you enjoy the Flieger - I'm looking forward to your thoughts and photos as they make their way home to everyone. :)

One thing I realized that I had not noted - that black tube that's included with your lights is a 2xCR123 adapter tube to prevent battery rattle. Each one is made from delrin, and fitted to each torch specifically to ensure a close fit (don't lose it or throw it away - I don't have extras). If you use CR123s, simply slide the tube in, and load your batteries. If you want to switch back to rechargeables, simply pull the tube out, and you're ready to go.

Enrique

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam of light from the Flieger Mk. I is right on the money... as nearest to perfection as I've seen. If you want the best it's made by Muyshondt.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
nbp: They're being worked on but I have no specific ETA presently. I'll post some photos whenever they're ready. It'll likely be more of a belt item as I'm not fond of any of the clips I've come across so far.

Enrique