Foursevens Brass lights! MMR-X and ML-X available now!

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look nice, but I can't see any mention of what bin and tint the LED is. Nor can I see any option for selecting a Neutral White emitter.

Surely if Convoy can give me a choice of at least 5 different emitters and declare what bin and tint they are and free shipping on a $15-20 light. Then FourSevens must be able to at least offer a choice of CW or NW on a $100-170 light???

:confused:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the clip could not add that much weight - it needs a clip regardless of weight!

Also if some feel to it is too heavy, they can simply remove it.

I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.

recDNA

Flashaholic
It would have to be pretty heavy to pull on my jeans pocket.

http2

Newly Enlightened
The "Included Accessories" section of the "Specifications" section of the product
page at http://www.foursevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=3315
says that the brass MMR-X has a flat black bezel. Is this a mistake? Since
many people will buy the brass MMR-X for its appearance, they might be
curious if the flat bezel will be made of brass, or if it will be the flat black
bezel that is included in the regular version of the MMR-X. Does anyone
know the color of the flat bezel that is included with this light, and does
anyone know if it is made of brass?
Also, is the crenulated bezel made of brass, or is it a tinted version of
the stainless steel bezel from the regular version of the MMR-X?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The brass version looks nice, but it is 7.69 ounces and the regular
aluminum version weighs 3.26 ounces (according to the FourSevens
website), which means that the brass version is more than twice as
heavy as the aluminum version.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.
It may be called a "Pocket Clip," however, there are many, many places other than a pocket you can clip a light.

Really, this light needs a clip, and it will keep some from making an investment in this otherwise nice light. Their mission statement speaks of clips as one of their hallmarks of their light design, and production.

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am quite sure what he meant was the LIGHT is rather heavy, and was a bit much to have pulling down on the edge of your pocket from a clip. Not that the clip was heavy.[/QUOTE
Light needs a clip regardless of translation.

Just trying to help. Not saying the light should not have a clip. He meant the weight issue was related to the brass light barrel, not the clip.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Just trying to help. Not saying the light should not have a clip. He meant the weight issue was related to the brass light barrel, not the clip.
Duke, I understand. Written communications have trouble sometimes. I just a feel light of that shape, no matter the weight needs a clip, I think we all love clips here.

Happy 4th Duke!

blur

Newly Enlightened
Will you be offering a flat tailcap in blue? I like the blue MMR but would prefer a flat tailcap.

ftjandra

Newly Enlightened
Will you be offering a flat tailcap in blue? I like the blue MMR but would prefer a flat tailcap.
To switch the MMR-X to a flat tailcap you swap out the switch internals, which should be included (they are for the black MMR-X). The actual aluminum tailcap stays the same.

--Ferdi

To switch the MMR-X to a flat tailcap you swap out the switch internals, which should be included (they are for the black MMR-X). The actual aluminum tailcap stays the same.

--Ferdi

Correct you are. From the FourSevens website:

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES Holster, 18650 battery (2600mah), USB power adaptor (USA plug), USB cable, lanyard, spare orings, spare rubber boots, flat blue bezel, parts for flat tailcap

​~ Chance

blur

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for clearing that up. I noticed on their sight they said "parts for flat tailcap" but I'm used to the quarks, with their switchable caps. That blue is different.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini MA in SS for my keychain would be nice.
Ooh, round corner of lanyard hold on tail cap please,
Aluminum version eats pockets.