Foursevens Mini Mark II

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the Olight magnetic charger. Wonder if the battery is also the same that comes with the S1R.

The S1R charges the battery in the light and the contacts are on the outside too and evidently short on anything metal,this seems a safer method though not as simple maybe too.

Also the little routed slot for the clips looks exactly like the one on the S-Mini!

That 2nd clip is interesting too.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I hit the bid. Pre-ordered one for my son for the holidays.

He has been EDC'ing a Mini 123 for several years, so this will be a good upgrade for him.

Me, I prefer NW and WW. But he likes CW, so he'll like this.

revscott

Newly Enlightened
Why is the medium so close to the high (after 15 second burst)? Only 50 lumen difference after the step down. Am I seeing that right?

BRIGHTNESS LEVELSWith FOURSEVENS RCR123A Battery:
Moonlight: 0.8 lumens, 7 days
Low: 20 lumens, 16 hrs
Medium: 250 lumens, 70 min
High: Burst at 1020 lumens, 15 seconds
then 300 lumens, 48 min
Yep. You're seeing it right. Basically it steps down to medium +.

~ Chance

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Why is the medium so close to the high (after 15 second burst)? Only 50 lumen difference after the step down. Am I seeing that right?

This looks like a neat little light - something I'm interested in, but I can't help thinking that I'd prefer a medium mode that is 100 lumens or 150, so the runtime on medium would be significantly longer and there would be a more noticeable difference between the medium and high output levels.

A neutral version would increase my interest, if it proves to be a reliable light. I'm happy to see another tiny R/CR123 light appearing on the scene.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any news on the capacity of the 4sevens battery?

They have not announced it, but I doubt that the battery will break any new ground in capacity.

The Olight high-drain RCR123 is rated at 650mah. That's probably what this will do, too. Looks like it is optimized for dumping a lot of current through the emitter in a short time--that doesn't necessarily do anything for the capacity.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd prefer a medium mode that is 100 lumens or 150, so the runtime on medium would be significantly longer and there would be a more noticeable difference between the medium and high output levels.

Strongly agree. I'd also like to see a mode-selection layout that does not require you to go through medium and high before you get to moonlight!!

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep- a medium mode between 70 to 100 lumens would have been nice for good runtime.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I reading the specs right in that, if choosing Config. 6, moonlight mode does not come on first but last?

Edit: Ah, disregard. I see that David answered this question on the product page. Ordered. :D

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I reading the specs right in that, if choosing Config. 6, moonlight mode does not come on first but last?

Edit: Ah, disregard. I see that David answered this question on the product page. Ordered. :D

I'm glad you posted about that! I was worried about the same thing, and I had not seen David Chow's comment on the page.

I also had not noticed that the new light has memory, i.e. comes on in the last mode it was turned off from. So if I always turn off in moonlight, then it will always cycle in (what I think is) the right order, i.e. moonlight-low-medium-high.

That's a relief.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice flame-job. Here's another I found in the archived section of CPF.

~ Chance

yCY4fVA.jpg

Photo Credit
February 2012
Nice. Actually I don't anodize normally with a flame but with a variable HV DC supply and some TSP in water. Anodize everything I've got in Titanium including a Titanium Gatlight. That was a bit of a scary job on the Gatlight but it came out good. Ordered the Mini Mark II this A.M. Even if this wasn't a great interface and excellent quality light it would be hard to find a real 1000 Lumen light for this price that was of any decent quality. Lots of lights out there claiming outrageous Lumens half of which are only because they use a focused zoom lens and the other half are probably only a small fraction of what they claim. But I believe 4 Sevens lights put out what they say. I'm thinking about picking up a second one for a gift if it turns out the be the super pocket rocket I think it is. Need to warn any non CPFers though that this is a nuclear powered searchlight so they don't look at the front and then turn it on. ;)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy you sure told me?
Shaky Hands? Manual Dexterity?

I gave all of mine away,no problems now.

Just saying.

Sorry guy - wasn't trying to be personal or insulting. If you are as old as some of us around here shaky hands just come with the numbers. And I learned long ago there are fairly big differences in different peoples manual dexterity - not an insult - just a fact and I was thinking out loud an explanation for why one person was reporting issues with cross threading.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Now please make one that runs on 14500... with a nice, neutral tint... and a forward-clicky with momentary! PLEASE!

I have been trying to replace my Quark Tactical Neutral AA/14500 for years... something smaller, with more power, would make me very happy.