Foursevens Mini Mark II

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received both the Copper PVD finish and the rainbow Titanium. Both were on the rough side and lacking the usual buttery smoothness I am used to from Four Sevens. Titanium has always had issues with falling, but with liberal lubrication with Nyogel 760, I have yet to meet a light I couldn't use. I was a bit surprised by the Copper threads, but after cleaning with a wire brush, a very light sanding with 200 grit wet/dry sandpaper and a generous reapplication of Nyogel 760 it was majorly improved. I love these little lights-mine have very pleasing tints, excellent beam and perhaps because I have been a heavy Four Sevens user all of my adult flashaholism, I have no difficulty with mode changes/selection, etc. I started to put all my mini's together for a group photo, but ran out of room and time... maybe tomorrow. I still have a few more on the way. Woods Walker, I use lithiums in a lot of my Four Sevens, the exception being no 10440's. I even have one of the coveted Four Seven's 18650 body tubes. I have to throw in a complement to TJ and the Four Sevens customer service crew-fast response and always very helpful. I call with some off the wall questions, like what would happen if I took part a of light b with the switch from the older version of light c .....
They also are willing to do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy-and I am. I love the headband because I can use my red Atom or Titanium neutral white Atom with just the magnet, or use one of the provided HD O rings to use any one of my mini's. Now with the Atoms that come with or without reflectors I can customize even further based on my needs...and this crazy sale makes it so affordable!

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you pay with paypal?
I had an issue a few weeks ago, but they emailed me and sent an invoice. I've ordered twice since without issue. I did see someone else mention the issue last week. Not sure what causes it, or why I'm no longer having the issue.

tom6

Newly Enlightened
I had an issue a few weeks ago, but they emailed me and sent an invoice. I've ordered twice since without issue. I did see someone else mention the issue last week. Not sure what causes it, or why I'm no longer having the issue.
Thanks. Any coupon sale for mini turbo or mini mk ii black?

cdaMONSTERS

Newly Enlightened
I received my ti mkii last week and I was happy to find the modes were easy to change. Yesterday I decided to clean and lube the threads, and the modes when crazy. It just skipped so bad it was unusable. I wiped the threads with a paper towel and all is good now.

Just thought I would post my findings, as I know how obsessed with lubing threads we can be.

warpdrive

Enlightened
So 4sevens still has the titanium version in stock, but the aluminum version is also on sale (a few bucks cheaper). Given they are both about the same price, which would you prefer? I already have the copper one with the neutral white. I figure the Al one would be easier to change modes without the grainiess that sometimes pervades Ti flashlights (although, after a while and some lubing, it may smoothen out). Which finish is more hardy (bead blasted, PVD Ti, or HA Al)? I don't mind cool white LEDs, and actually sort of like them

can't make up my mind and need a gentle push.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those clearance lights are starting to disappear if you think you want one ! I went ahead and grabbed the rainbow myself even though I haven't been thrilled with the operation of the UI my autumn PVD. The threads are gritty on the rainbow but for a neutral 4Sevens at that price in Ti I decided it was worth the attempt to break it in for better operation. The Ti is lighter than the copper so it should make for a better EDC IMO.

Last edited:

warpdrive

Enlightened
Those clearance lights are starting to disappear if you think you want one ! I went ahead and grabbed the rainbow myself even though I haven't been thrilled with the operation of the UI my autumn PVD. The threads are gritty on the rainbow but for a neutral 4Sevens at that price in Ti I decided it was worth the attempt to break it in for better operation. The Ti is lighter than the copper so it should make for a better EDC IMO.

just got my Ti PVD. So pretty especially with the finish on the clip too.

Holy gritty threads though. Definitely gonna need lots of lubing and break in. At least the Copper one is smooth but too tight. I suspect the Ti will always feel gritty? Don't have too many other Ti Lights. Not sure which one I will use first and keep the other as a spare.

Do these kinds of lights have idle/parasitic drain?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I never noticed a battery unexpectedly low/drained but also have no way to test that beyond user observation. It's in my EDC rotation so gets used.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a mechanical disconnection when you unscrew the head, so no parasitic drain is possible.

I have a Preon P1 Ti I have been EDC'ing for about 3+ years. It must be smoother than when new, I clean and lube it often hoping for better thread feel. But it remains typical of their Ti lights, and is a strain to use one-handed, but I mostly do, out of need to. I think that's what is still keeping me from pulling the trigger. That and the crap-pile of assorted Quark Pro and Tactical lights I grabbed when they auctioned them off near twenty bucks each. Quark Pro is one of my top 3 interfaces ever. (HDS and Zebra fill out the list)

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed out on the Brass Mini MK II for $48, anyone wish to part with one?
To stay on topic, I have both SS Mini's and they are awesome! Looks better than Ti, smooth as silk threads and a beautiful beam!

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
To stay on topic, I have both SS Mini's and they are awesome! Looks better than Ti, smooth as silk threads and a beautiful beam!

I can't recommend the Ti, it looks great to me with the matte bead blasted finish but the threads grab (microscopic galling?) and make mode changes unreliable. The $18 Turbo Mini MkII is smooth as silk however and makes a great stocking stuffer at the closeout price (which still seems to be available this morning).