• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Microprocessor controlled drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV7

Newly Enlightened
Re: Microprocessor controlled 4-mode driver boards

Ken, that's quite encouraging. Thanks!

Now I almost feel obligated :)

davenlei

Newly Enlightened

Rv7,

Ok, so the 3.7 version will run at 2.5-4.2v. If I apply a little too much voltage (4.5-4.7v) will it just go out of regulation until it reaches 4.2v and then pop back into regulation? Or will it just fry the board?
Also, will you offer different outputs of the board like a 1.1a output version?

Krit

Enlightened

It's very interesting. I like start from low to high mode. Can we adjust it's brightness in each stage? If price is resonable, please put me in line for some of AA type.

RV7

Newly Enlightened

Rv7,

Ok, so the 3.7 version will run at 2.5-4.2v. If I apply a little too much voltage (4.5-4.7v) will it just go out of regulation until it reaches 4.2v and then pop back into regulation? Or will it just fry the board?
Also, will you offer different outputs of the board like a 1.1a output version?

I tried 8V and it got warm, which is an indication of poor efficiency, but didn't fry. The output is still very well regulated. It's recommended to use the board with a single 3.7 batt, when it's the most efficient.

The driver, thus max output, can't be configured. Only the PWM can be programmed.

Last edited:

PhotonAddict

Enlightened

My vote would be for either "high, med, low" or "med, low, high" with low at 10% or less (preferably ~5%). I also tend to prefer a default mode so that I know what level it will be when I turn it on instead of being surprised because I forgot the last level it was at. Ideally the default would be either high or med - if I need low I usually have the time to click a few more times to get it (ie., i usually don't need low for an emergency situation).

It gets complicated when you try to please people doesn't it :)
Either way, I'm very interested in the final product, and if you decide to do a 2AA version I'd probably be in for one of those as well, especially if it will fit in a minimag or fenix.

Last edited:

RV7

Newly Enlightened

repost.

Last edited:

RV7

Newly Enlightened

Thanks mods for moving this thread to where it should be! I should have realized it earlier. My apologies.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested in either a 3.7V version of this driver. I'd love to have a pocketable flashlight that ran on a single 18500 LiIon -- essentially the same size as a 1xAA flashlight (only slightly thicker) but with a much higher capacity.

flex76italy

Enlightened

Hi, interested in li-ion version without strobe.

Thanks.

nine

Newly Enlightened

Second if protected batteries are used and when the low voltage protection kicks in, the flashlight will die suddenly, leaving you in the darkness unprepared. This can be disastrous when you're exploring a cave or haunted house:eek: So I'm thinking the first driver is more practical.

Exactly
I'll take 5 of the AA 3% - 20% - 60% - 100% (no strobe)

dom

Enlightened

It should work with any switch.

Hi RV7
Sorry -i really wanted to know if it needed a latching switch to stay on.I'm still a learner as to how things work.
There was some discussions i was following where you needed some extra circuitry to use a momentary switch.
Thanks
Dom

RV7

Newly Enlightened

Hi RV7
Sorry -i really wanted to know if it needed a latching switch to stay on.I'm still a learner as to how things work.
There was some discussions i was following where you needed some extra circuitry to use a momentary switch.
Thanks
Dom

Hi Dom,

Now I get it. I guess you're talking about the kind of circuit that's ALWAYS on and the momentary switch doesn't control power directly. Instead it only sends a signal to the circuit. Unfortunately my board is not designed to work that way.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

REally looking forward the end-result.

However, you should know that current boards are 0.55" and
most, if not all Light Engine builds for Aleph and a few custom Surefire
use a "can" which can only house a 0.55" board...

(17mm can still be used but would require a custom assembly...)

RV7

Newly Enlightened

I've decided to use a new higher performance Li-Ion driver. It's extremely effecient, has a very flat output while at the end still offering a long gradual declining period. I was surprised last night by how bright a Cree is even at 6mA! You can run the light for hours at that level without over discharging the battery.

Edit: Details of the driver can be found in the first post. It costs a little more.

Last edited:

Meduza

Enlightened

I am intrested in a few of the AA 3% - 20% - 60% - 100% (no strobe) boards.

3-5pcs i think

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened

Put me on the list for 2 of the boards for li-on use. One non-adjustable and one that is variable with resistor.

Artisan Bill

Newly Enlightened

Hi RV7,

I have been looking for a 1AA board with variable output for quite some time. I congratulate you for making such a driver.

I would be in for 3 to 5 AA and 3.7V boards with mode A. I would most likely be interested in the 18x7mm 3.7V boards.

Sounds like this will be a fantastic product

Regards, Artisan Bill

NetKidz

Enlightened

I'm in for three 1AA baord (2 with strobe, 1 without) and four 18mm 3.7V Li-Ion board (2 with strobe and 2 without).

Thanks. :)

H22A

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested in 5 x 1AA 3% - 20% - 60% - 100% (no strobe). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.