Gene Malkoff Going at it Full Time w/New Additions

g8trwood

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered my p60 ho module. Can these be used in a 9p also, or just the 6p.

Thanks for a great product

donn_

Flashaholic
They will work fine in a 9P on primaries, no rechargeables with 3 cells as the max input is 9v.

Gene

I'm running Gene's Q4 M60 in a stretched 9P (added a TNC Detonator), with two 17670 cells. Works great!

I'm looking forward to the arrival of the Q5 M60...maybe today.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Just received my M60 today and WOW!!! Thanks Gene for the awesome product and fast shipping. Good luck and you can expect more orders from me in the future. Keep up the great work and best wishes to you and your family.

Shagbd

Newly Enlightened
I just got my M60 module
i have an older 180 Lumen one and these new ones blow it away!

DAMMMM!

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got your two M60 Q5 modules today. They are very nice. These are some of the warmest tint LED's I've seen. (I don't have a rebel here to compare it to, though.) Do you use brass for the reflector? (I know some lighting manufacturers are using "copper" and "gold" colored reflectors to warm up 4100K Metal Halide lights...) I'm not sure what I'm looking at through the colminator.

Okay, so my summaries. The M60L (Low output) is a lot warmer than a P60L and it's brighter than a P60L. (I think the warm tint is deceiving me on exactly how much brighter it really is.) I see myself reaching for this before I reach for a light with a P60L.

The M60 is a lot warmer tint than a BOG Q5, not as hot of a hot spot, and at the edges of the spill, not as bright as the BOG, but it has a wider spill than the BOG. The differences are because of the colminator... This thing puts out a very different spill.

The spill, to my eye, gets very consistently darker the further I move the light away from what I'm looking at. This probably means that the light does NOT decrease linearly from the center. Different lights with an orange peel reflector through a normal lens has a pretty bright spill until you get to the shadow from the end of the lens/bezel. With the colminator, I don't see a shadow on the edge of the beam at all, the spill just gives off less light until it goes dark.

I really need to see this thing outdoors to see if the tint and the spill help with depth perception. My hopes are up!

Thank you Gene, I hope you have a nice Christmas. Don't lose too much sleep about your new ventures. :)

Toxic518

Newly Enlightened
With all this talk about Gene's new adventure, I had to try out an M60. Ordered it a few minutes ago so I can install it in my Z2. If it's as good as everyone says, I'll buy another for my G2.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Q2 (I know, old news!) Malkoff from B/S/T and put it in a 6P, very nice and quite bright as well! Also runs very well with a 17670 too.
I'm looking forward to a Q5 for my 3D mag very much! Was never very interested in Maglites but now that has changed. Good job Gene!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my M60 Q5 (with Optic). So far I like it very much. Definitely a good tint on it. I prefer the beam pattern of most optics to those of reflectors in general. This one is pretty good. I think Crees do very well behind optics for general, useful type lighting. I'll post further impressions after I get more time to play with it.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
hey guys is it do- able to do a 3c in a 2d drop in?
how is the flood beam when using a stippled reflector?

Deep6Osama

Enlightened
Will the brightness be the same at 6v and 9v?

My M60 arrived today. It will not work with my Surefire 9Z. When the switch is pushed it lights up for less than a second and goes out then lights up for less than a second when I let go of the switch. I droped it into my Surefire 6Z and the function is normal.

My only hope is that I did not do any damage to the M60. It is not as bright as my Task Force Q4 or my Malkoff 3D Drop in purchased two month's ago.

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Mr. Blue, yes you can do 3xC batteries in a 2xD battery M@g.. make sure when Gene gets the drop-ins available for the M@gs you get the 2-3-4 version and NOT the 4-5-6.

You will not ever regret purchasing one of Gene's drop-ins.

Bob E.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M60 arrived today. It will not work with my Surefire 9Z. When the switch is pushed it lights up for less than a second and goes out then lights up for less than a second when I let go of the switch. I droped it into my Surefire 6Z and the function is normal.

My only hope is that I did not do any damage to the M60. It is not as bright as my Task Force Q4 or my Malkoff 3D Drop in purchased two month's ago.
You can use 3 primaries or two rechargeables with the M60, primaries don't have as high voltage. So... if you want to put it in a 3 cell light, you need to use primaries.