Give me an excuse to use my flashlights

Darkbain

Newly Enlightened
You could get into some maintenance work. We use our lights day in and day out. Call outs at night etc. But the downside is the one you carry daily will no longer be pretty. They get beat and banged cause you are usually in a hurry. Especially this time of year being cold fingers numb etc. Usually, what causes the panic rush is a senior aged person that has lost heat, and you are working frantically to get the heat back on. Small children as well.

Hoodzy98

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes when i walk my dog ill bring a few lights, but he has a dark black coat so i cant see him at night and other people walking or jogging cant see him, so i sometimes attach a small torch too his collar on moonlight mode , 👍👍perfect

blueridgeman

Newly Enlightened
Had a transformer go bad early last night, 3 1/2 hours before it was repaired by Duke Energy - great chance to use my flashlights!

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get older (50+). Now you see poop in almost every corner because of your eyes depleting ability to adapt to poor lighting conditions. Profit! :D

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Another Wisconsinite here, just west of Madison.

My P12GT got used as a night light for a bit last night. We had the possibility of an ice storm last night so I made sure all my batteries were charged. I have a cone diffuser for my light that when used with the moonlight (1 lumen) setting makes for a great night light and makes it really easy and quick to grab if needed for any reason. I had it set that way on my night stand as I was in bed, just in case it would be needed.

Unfortunately, my light doesnt get as much use as I would like. Mainly just the occasional trek outside to a vehicle to get something out of it, or to look inside a laser printer that I am repairing. Both usually dont make for much more than 5 mins of use at a time.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I've just been going to public parks recently with my tn40svn. I find it fun, the puppies find it fun. Not much to do here in Wisconsin during the winter months.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
My suggestion also requires a dog, particularly when said dog thinks he is free to ignore you when he can't be seen by you, and he's out in the yard at night and won't come in when called. Of course said dog must understand that he can be seen when illuminated by the flashlight. Frequency of opportunity to use flashlight will vary with individual circumstances.

This deserves a like lol +1

BrightLeaf

Newly Enlightened
Other than to illuminate a space, I used my light to thaw open a frozen lock. 500 lumens melts the ice out of the keyhole pretty quickly!

OEOE

Newly Enlightened
Bulb in the bedside table lamp burned out last night and oops, didn't have a replacement in the house. Now how did that happen? Had to use my Acebeam EC50II in tailstand mode and the light bouncing off the ceiling in the second lowest level was still brighter than the darned table tamp. Unfortunately my wife thinks that using flashlights instead of proper lamps is "low rent." Little does she know that the acebeam is worth about 10 times as much as that lamp and I'm not about to enlighten her on the subject.

Latest posts