Good fixed blade

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who doesn't know where to dump money :)

AW_8105__08121.1443043055.1280.1280.jpg

filibuster

Enlightened
I like the Mora's (Heavy Duty and Bushcraft black) that have been mentioned but if you are looking for a knife that feels more substantial then you might appreciate the Condor Bushlore or the Real Steel Bushcraft II with the Bushcraft II and it's D2 steel being a little less maintenance than the other high carbon steel knives mentioned.

roger-roger

Enlightened
I like the Mora's (Heavy Duty and Bushcraft black) that have been mentioned but if you are looking for a knife that feels more substantial then you might appreciate the Condor Bushlore or the Real Steel Bushcraft II with the Bushcraft II and it's D2 steel being a little less maintenance than the other high carbon steel knives mentioned.

At the same time in terms of *maintenance*, D2 is in a whole different class when it comes to ease of sharpening for the average user.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened
Mora knives are amazing but they are not a true full shank/tang knife sure the skinny tang goes all the way thru but not like the full shank on the Ontario rat 3

Which I got mine for 65 on flea bay

The Ontario is awesome I edc and have had it on my belt for months now

Maxim

Newly Enlightened
You could never go wrong with Mora, I personally have 3 - Heavy Duty (carbon steel), Companion (laminated) and the latest Kansbol (laminated, stainless steel).

Kansbol is very nice, feels great in the hand, it's very light, however the price is a bit too high, around 30$ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M23QMPO/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I mean for 50$ you can get something more let's say interesting. I am keeping it in my backpack for hiking and trekking when the weight is essential, and I don't need my 10 inch blade macho knife :)

Maxim

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure if you have already mentioned this, but you need to decide what steel you prefer as well > stainless, semi or good old rusty carbon :) If you live near the sea or the ocean it is highly recommended to get a stainless steel. In the lower price range you can find 440C, Sandvik, etc or a semi-stainless steel like D2 for example. This knife looks like a very good offer for the money:

http://www.gearbest.com/fixed-blades-knives/pp_245322.html?wid=21

If you are interested to learn more about the different types of knife steels, their characteristics and properties this is a great place to start:

http://bestpocketknifetoday.com/discovering-the-best-knife-steel/

Jomohr84

Newly Enlightened
Mora Garberg! I have been using Mora Knives my whole life, since I inherited an antique mora from my great uncle, and for the money, Mora knives are an exceptional value. I love my Garberg, it is thick, full tang, scandi ground for easy sharpening, and very good 14c28n stainless steel.

Last edited:

David-88

Newly Enlightened
Already mentioned and it may be the same knife just named different in the uk to the us but i bought my friend the mora robust for Christmas and it's an Amazing knife for the price. Theres a good destruction test on youtube for it.

Joseph08

Newly Enlightened
[h=1]I really like Fixed Blade Algonquin Wolf Hunting Knife. Awesome for camping. [/h]
[h=2][/h]

Latest posts