Good old classic Surefire A2

m4a1usr

Enlightened
If you weren't aware member Fivemega has made bi-pin adapter in the past that uses Streamlight Strion bulbs. Not currently available but could give you some ideas.

Pretty much have been admiring them now for a couple years. But the price on the used ones hovering in the used markets are cost prohibitive. Besides I like a challenge.
:thinking:

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the price on that MA02 went for $16.50, I bid at $16.. LOL I figured it would go for more, but to loose by 50 cents is just plain funny.

I have 2 other A2's. A 4 sided and 2 later models. For 3 total. All are on the original bulb, including the 4 sided one. Both have Koala rings, and none have bi pin adapters. I think its time for someone else to make a run of bi pin adapters. I believe they would sell out in no time.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and Lumens factory is sending me another HO-A2. Maybe it will work. lol

Striker27

Newly Enlightened
Where can one get bulbs? I checked the Lumens Factory but did not see the MA02
thanks

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can one get bulbs? I checked the Lumens Factory but did not see the MA02
thanks

Lumens factory sells their HO-A2 only. You will have to search for the MA02. They can be found if you look around, no one knows for how long though. The lumens factory work good, only issue is they can be inconsistent on which a2 they will work in. I just received my replacement from lumens factory the other day it it works just fine. They are worth trying atleast.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF has always seemed to have good bulbs but I've always had a bit of a problem with the glass getting dark faster than the genuine SF bulbs. I haven't experienced this directly with the HO-A2 bulb but have with their P60/P90 drop-ins and the M3/M6 bulbs.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF has always seemed to have good bulbs but I've always had a bit of a problem with the glass getting dark faster than the genuine SF bulbs. I haven't experienced this directly with the HO-A2 bulb but have with their P60/P90 drop-ins and the M3/M6 bulbs.

Yes. I never had one issue with the e series bulbs or the p60 bulbs they have, just the a2 bulbs.

SolarMan

Newly Enlightened
Say it ain't so! Good lord I have sold all my surefire except for my A2 and my E1L (my first that started the addiction). The A2 is by FAR my favorite light that I have ever owned.

UGH!!!

Guess I'll take the gamble on the Lumens Factory bulb.

AGGH!

IMG_1114_zpshrffneou.jpg

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The gamble is worth it on the lumens factory bulb. More then likely you will get a good one that works just fine. And since that is our only option, guess we'll be picking up a bunch. Lol. Btw. Is yours a green or is that a yellow green? Looks like straight green but hard to tell.

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
Why did I have to read this thread? You've all got me worried now so I have ordered 2 spare MA02 bulbs while they're still available - at UK prices of $34 each. Ouch! I seem to remember reading on the Lumens Factory website that their bulbs may not work with the older4 flats A2s - so I thought I'd better stock up with the originals. Nice to see the A2 back in the forum threads.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why did I have to read this thread? You've all got me worried now so I have ordered 2 spare MA02 bulbs while they're still available - at UK prices of $34 each. Ouch! I seem to remember reading on the Lumens Factory website that their bulbs may not work with the older4 flats A2s - so I thought I'd better stock up with the originals. Nice to see the A2 back in the forum threads.

Was that the only place you were able to find them?

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
That is good to hear about the Lumens Factory bulbs. My MA02 order arrived - but it turns out that they only had one left - so I shall keep it in reserve and order a couple of Lumens Factory bulbs to top up my stores.

aaronu

Newly Enlightened
I found MA02's at Kiesub electronics but they ain't exactly giving them away (almost $30 with U.S. shipping)

The only one I saw on EvilBay was $49.95. Maybe that's the person who got one for $16.50...

FWIW I bought my four-flat HA III A2 in green when they were first out. I've used it ever since. It is on its first bulb.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an A2-YG on duty every night when I go to bed. I purchased it in like new condition about a year ago, and just this past weekend my first set of batteries finally drained to the point where the main beam had reduced output. I'm sure I have plenty of life left on the stock bulb, but I picked up a spare MA02 for $10.95 shipped on Amazon back in January. Alas the seller is out of stock now.

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory A2 bulb works absolutely fine with my 4 flats lights - if anything the beam is better than with the SF bulb. I too am pleased to see the A2 being discussed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2u4c92vtbv21l6/20160331_234725.jpg?dl=0

Hi... am i looking at the right item @ Lumens Factory? (for 4-flats A2)

Model No.
:HO-A2 (6V, 120 Lumens) High Output Lamp Assembly (Unfrosted)

because down at the bottom it says...

***This is ONLY compatible with the round body A2***
***This is NOT compatible with old model (4 flat side) body A2.***

***You will NOT be refunded and NO returns will be accepted if you have the old model (4 flat side) body A2 and it doesn't work.***